3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

thanks in advance for your help.

I am currently a conditional resident. I got divorced last year and filed to remove condition with a waiver based on both divorce and abuse (extreme mental cruelty) back in November 2018.

My last update from USCIS was when they sent the 18 months extension letter in January 2019. However, last week I received the following email:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On June 14, 2019, the Post Office returned your document for your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXXX, to us because they could not deliver it. We will hold your document for 180 days or until December 11, 2019. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we re-send the document to you, or contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you do not submit an online request or call us by December 11, 2019, we will destroy your document and you will need to file a new Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, with fee. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

I am very confused. does this mean my case is approved? I haven't received any approval update. I contacted USCIS but they say my case is still being processed. I am waiting to be contacted by a Tier 2 (hopefully he/she can tell me more) and I also submitted an e-request.

I did my biometrics last month. However processing times for these cases are around 15-24 months, so I was wondering if this is just a system error on their side, especially since my address on file is correct.

It'd be helpful to hear other people's experience with these kind of updates.

Thanks!

Littlefrench

Edited by littlefrench
wrong name

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, littlefrench said:

Hello everyone,

thanks in advance for your help.

I am currently a conditional resident. I got divorced last year and filed to remove condition with a waiver based on both divorce and abuse (extreme mental cruelty) back in November 2018.

My last update from USCIS was when they sent the 18 months extension letter in January 2019. However, last week I received the following email:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On June 14, 2019, the Post Office returned your document for your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXXX, to us because they could not deliver it. We will hold your document for 180 days or until December 11, 2019. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we re-send the document to you, or contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you do not submit an online request or call us by December 11, 2019, we will destroy your document and you will need to file a new Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, with fee. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

I am very confused. does this mean my case is approved? I haven't received any approval update. I contacted USCIS but they say my case is still being processed. I am waiting to be contacted by a Tier 2 (hopefully he/she can tell me more) and I also submitted an e-request.

I did my biometrics last month. However processing times for these cases are around 15-24 months, so I was wondering if this is just a system error on their side, especially since my address on file is correct.

It'd be helpful to hear other people's experience with these kind of updates.

Thanks!

Littlefrench

The USCIS took action on your case and sent you a document describing the action, but the Post Office could not deliver it to the address you have on file with USCIS. Do you still live at the same residence from which you filed the i751? Do they have more than one address for you, for example did you have one address for your k1/cr1 and then a different address for i751? Has your mailbox been removed such that a postal carrier can no longer find it?

No matter what the reason, the post office didn't deliver the document so you have to go online at the linked web address and make an e-request to receive the document. You have until December 11 to do this.

Note: you have not been approved. You have to take the above action of they will abandon your application.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

3 minutes ago, Russ&Caro said:

The USCIS took action on your case and sent you a document describing the action, but the Post Office could not deliver it to the address you have on file with USCIS. Do you still live at the same residence from which you filed the i751? Do they have more than one address for you, for example did you have one address for your k1/cr1 and then a different address for i751? Has your mailbox been removed such that a postal carrier can no longer find it?

No matter what the reason, the post office didn't deliver the document so you have to go online at the linked web address and make an e-request to receive the document. You have until December 11 to do this.

Note: you have not been approved. You have to take the above action of they will abandon your application.

Thank you for your answer. Well, on my file there is my lawyer's address and so far all communications have been sent there, and nothing changed. Only thing I can do is that they mailed something to my first address (where I was living with my ex-wife). They actually sent there the reminder to file for ROC once, that then they resent it to my correct address.

What is confusing to me is the case status : card / document  production.

This is not a status used for request for evidences or other letters. This is a status for people whose application has been approved (unless there was a system error of course).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.