Jvs112009

Tickets from Philippines to US

37 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

Back in 2006 to 2008 time frame Philippines based air carriers wouldn't even let you buy a ticket out of the country without first showing them a visa if you were a citizen of Philippines.

This is still the case with Philippines Airlines. There's a field for visa number when I tried to do a mock booking with them.

Found a better flight with Delta--no visa number required.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

May 3, 2024: Ordered marriage certificate and death certificate from PSA online

May 9, 2024: Received email from PSA that marriage cert is blurred/eligible--will need 15 more days for reverification

May 22, 2024: Marriage Cert received from PSA (death cert was delivered 2 weeks earlier)

May 23, 2024: Uploaded new files to the CEAC website

May 29, 2024: Documentary Qualified

Just now, Falcon Cara said:

I go to the same door as well

If you notice people in the Philippines love to fall in line, so when you pull up the first entrance has a long long line, then as you get further down toward the end where the OFW the lines get shorter.

I also carry a US handicap disabled placard to get me thru lines faster in case I am late to the airports, it works like a charm

Nice.  I look old and I sometimes get pushed up front as a senior citizen.  No complaints here!  I never understood why there are hundreds of people waiting in line and I walk right through the OFW door without a question.  Sometimes I use the crew door.  Why do all those people wait?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I never understood why there are hundreds of people waiting in line and I walk right through the OFW door without a question.  Sometimes I use the crew door.  Why do all those people wait?

I may be guilty of that. Personally, it's a sign of respect. I hate it when I see people cut in line. I am neither an OFW or a crew so I would not line up there unless some ushers told us that we can. We'd rather wait and be part of the bandwagon rather than be secretly mocked for 'not following rules or the majority, publicly'.

Like what we jokingly say, "Kung nagmamadali ka, dapat kahapon ka pa umalis..." (If you are in a hurry, you should have left yesterday.)

New Petition:

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

May 9, 2024: Received email from PSA that marriage cert is blurred/eligible--will need 15 more days for reverification

May 22, 2024: Marriage Cert received from PSA (death cert was delivered 2 weeks earlier)

Just now, MarryMe987654 said:

I may be guilty of that. Personally, it's a sign of respect. I hate it when I see people cut in line. I am neither an OFW or a crew so I would not line up there unless some ushers told us that we can. We'd rather wait and be part of the bandwagon rather than be secretly mocked for 'not following rules or the majority, publicly'.

Like what we jokingly say, "Kung nagmamadali ka, dapat kahapon ka pa umalis..." (If you are in a hurry, you should have left yesterday.)

I would never cut in line and I do that because the first trip they directed me there because they treated me as a senior citizen.  I just never stopped doing it and they have never questioned me.  I guess I don't understand how waiting an hour is a sign of respect.  Actually, that does explain why filipinos are so schedule challenged.  Just a different culture.  In the US they say that time is money.  We are much more schedule oriented than the Philippines.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

25 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Why do all those people wait?

I have an APEC card.  Usually get the diplomat line and a bunch of stares.   Fastest way to go!

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

2 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

I have an APEC card.  Usually get the diplomat line and a bunch of stares.   Fastest way to go!

Awesome!  That must be fun.  I have Global Entry.  I may look into that.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Awesome!  That must be fun.

Unless I'm with the asawa.  Then I stay with her!

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

Unless I'm with the asawa.  Then I stay with her!

No guests?  Hmmm.  This is hopefully the last time I ever travel out of the Philippines with the wife.  I am leaving for their interview next week.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

No guests?  Hmmm.  This is hopefully the last time I ever travel out of the Philippines with the wife.  I am leaving for their interview next week.  

That's great!  We are so happy for you.   I'll be in Makati for a conference July 14th.  Hopefully they will be with you by then!

5 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

That's great!  We are so happy for you.   I'll be in Makati for a conference July 14th.  Hopefully they will be with you by then!

I am hoping.  One never knows with AP and with our K-1 experience it will be extra stressful waiting.  I may stop by the Airport today to apply for the APEC card.  They say I can just walk into the CBP office there since I have Global Entry.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

This is hopefully the last time I ever travel out of the Philippines with the wife.  

Your never going back to visit?  or the next time you travel out, your gonna leave her there?

YMMV

22 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I guess I don't understand how waiting an hour is a sign of respect. 

It is not the waiting an hour that is regarded as respect but to trying to get ahead of people who diligently and painfully followed the rules and the etiquette in line waiting, by going to lanes for Senior Citizen, a PWD, an OFW, crew when they are not, is disrespectful 

No one wants to wait an hour, but if it has to be waited in a line, then so be it. This also explains why Filipinos like to line up early in the morning for a gov't or medical appointment.

Yep, it's one of the cultural differences :)

New Petition:

8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Your never going back to visit?  or the next time you travel out, your gonna leave her there?

After this trip we will always be together!  I love it there.  We will visit as often as possible.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

After this trip we will always be together!  I love it there.  We will visit as often as possible.

Then your fingers didn't write what you were thinking 

YMMV

5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Then your fingers didn't write what you were thinking 

Fraudian Slip???  LOL  I did mean the last time WITHOUT the wife!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.