jpine

last question for a while guys about lawer

17 posts in this topic

Being it seems i am a bit retarded already with these forms i thought i had everything figured out fine and now find i already screwed it. Happy i found out now before i sent the forms in which would be monday. Whats up with these lawyer adverts on this site? Are they worthe it or dependable? I saw one that charges 600 to file the paperwork. I understand i will still be basiclly filling out the forms myself but for me would be a piece of mind knowing someone is reviewing this before being sent out. I would just hate to file the forms and lose 6 weeks after INS says i filled a form out incorrectly.

Thanks for your advice

JOe

K1

04/11/2006--sent i-129f

10/19/2006--fiance arrived USA

11/20/2006--Married

AOS

12/15/06-- noa1

01/12/07-- rfe

01/24/07-- 485 transferred to CA

02/03/07-- Biometrics

03/02/07-- welcome letter sent

03/09/07-- snail mail welcome letter received

03/16/07-- card production message received

03/21/07-- approval notice sent

03/23/07-- resident card in hand

Remove Conditions

1/12/09--noa1

2/04/09--Biometrics

6/05/09--Approval notice received in mail

6/28/09-- 10 year card received in the mail

a lawyer is always an option if your case is complicated. othewise you are wasting money.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm sure the site mods can verify this, but the ads are random, placed here through google "ad words". I am sure that it in no way reflects that they are endorsed by the site.

If you punch "immigration attorney" into google you'd get the same ads. All someone has to do is pay google $0.05 to $1 per click to get there name there.

I'd suggest finding someone local in the phone book.

Edited by flipside

If for peace of mind you feel you need then thats ok. You are more then capable though of doing this. So you made an error and only got one copy of the G-325A from your fiance. You are correcting it before filing. Thats what this is about.....we are a sounding board, a source of experiences, knowledge and advice. If you follow the example forms to complete forms and ask questions when you are not sure, or just to confirm, you can save yourself a lot of money. You still have to do the leg work for an attorney.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't want to sound retared either, but by one copy you mean one sheet of paper saying G-325A, as an example, not one copy of the 4 page form, right?

'Cus if we needed two copies of the 4 page form, totalizing 8 copies of G-325A for me, I'd have sent mine wrong as well.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Thanks for the kind words Aussie and i am seeing this is a bit of a support site and i am so so appreciative of the help i am receiving here. I think i will sleep on this and make decision tommorow i believe i have everything i need just screwed this one form up. Just a quick review i have the following:

i-134 (need to get it notorized)

129f

g325 (incorrect but will get that sorted out this week)

income tax returns

bank statements

passport photos me & her

copies of both passports (to show proof we where together we lived together in indonesia for 6 months)

letter of how we met

letter of intent to marry

photos of us together (me fat, skinny, long hair, short hair goatee, to show the time we where together)

cover page

And sorry i forgot who posted last question about my mistake thinking he made a mistake you did not make a mistake i just didnt fill in all four forms. Trying to copy one form and pass it off as 4.

K1

04/11/2006--sent i-129f

11/20/2006--Married

AOS

12/15/06-- noa1

01/12/07-- rfe

02/03/07-- Biometrics

Remove Conditions

1/12/09--noa1

2/04/09--Biometrics

I actually went to an immigration lawyer before coming to this site, and he was absolutley no help. I'd told him we were applying for the K-1... for a fiancee.. and he handed me a I-130 to fill out! As you can imagine, I didn't go back to that guy.

It wasn't until my fiance found this site and showed it to me that we began even having a clue about the process, and what forms were needed.

Like aussiewench says, this is a great sounding board. Anytime I had a question, it's been answered very well. The guidelines and example forms here are outstanding and made the whole thing less confusing. We've only just begun the "sit and wait" portion of it... but it really is a process from the first moment you download a form to the day the greencard arrives (from what I've seen here on the boards) ... and the nice thing about this site is: we're all in it together.

I don't want to sound retared either, but by one copy you mean one sheet of paper saying G-325A, as an example, not one copy of the 4 page form, right?

'Cus if we needed two copies of the 4 page form, totalizing 8 copies of G-325A for me, I'd have sent mine wrong as well.

If you submitted your G-325A (4 pages) and your fiance submitted his G-325A (4 pages) then you submitted correctly.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Thanks for the kind words Aussie and i am seeing this is a bit of a support site and i am so so appreciative of the help i am receiving here. I think i will sleep on this and make decision tommorow i believe i have everything i need just screwed this one form up. Just a quick review i have the following:

i-134 (need to get it notorized)

129f

g325 (incorrect but will get that sorted out this week)

income tax returns

bank statements

passport photos me & her

copies of both passports (to show proof we where together we lived together in indonesia for 6 months)

letter of how we met

letter of intent to marry

photos of us together (me fat, skinny, long hair, short hair goatee, to show the time we where together)

cover page

For right now concentrate on the initial petition and put the I-134 aside which is not required until the interview.

Cover letter

I-129F

G_325A (one from you and one from your fiance. Each 4 pages, totally 8 altogether)

Passport photos of each of you.

Birth Certificate or photo copy of each page of the USC passport to prove citizenship.

Letter of Intent from both of you.

A declaration by the USC of how you met.

Evidence of having met.

The example forms on VJ have been updated for the initial petition except for the G-325A (its coming)

Quick run through...

I-129F

Make sure you cross your t's and dot your i's and dont leave any questions blank. Follow the example HERE Note: there is an error where it asks to list all children.....if none put 'None'. Will PM admin to get that corrected. That was my oopsie.

G-325A

Dont leave questions blank. Ensure there is no gaps in time frames for residence and employment.

Proof of US citizenship

Much easier to use BC or Naturalization certificate then photocopy all pages (front to back) of passport including the blank pages :huh:

Declaration of how you met

Detail how you met and times spent together. You will then back this up by the evidence you submit of having met within the required 2 year period.

Evidence of having met

Along with your passport stamps and photos, do you have other evidence that can document your time living together? Receipts with both names etc.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I hired an attorney mainly to give another set of eyes on the documents to make sure there are no mistakes as mistakes can cause huge delays in the process. It only cost me about $400 to have their help and K visas are all they do so they are very familiar with the process and offer a money back guarantee of approval. I think it is worth while however I am sure it is not necessary. I just did not want any delays due to a mistake on my part and since I do not fill these forms out for a living...better safe than sorry. Good luck to you! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey jpine - Bogota is a piece of cake - just double check your paperwork using the advice already given and asking questions - save the $600 for a trip later on! If you need help with forms I can send you copies of what we used. Just email me. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Joe,

I would definately do it yourself versus getting a lawer. The top K1 lawer here in my city (Minneapolis) charges >$5000 per case. Even for 5k, I'm not sure if he would do as good of job as myself.

I saw that $600 advertisement, too. I was tempted because at first I was overwhelmed when I saw what was involved. But I said to myself that this is something that I would do and do with every single part of my heart and soul.

Well, I did the best job on those documents that I could... it took a ton of work. But those documents were damn near perfect(IMO), I will admit. The documents were approved RIGHT AWAY without a hitch. Even Nebraska didn't take as long as I thought. I just kept getting the Notices.

Now Gabi has the Visa, and I fly to Italy in April to get her (and never, NEVER let her go)... we will go back to Transylvania to say "see you later" to friends and family and then come back to Minneapolis.

Combining the sense of accomplishment plus the knowledge gained is incomparable when you do this yourself. GO FOR IT!!!!!!

Sean

ps--if you need any help or advice on what to do, email me and I can talk over the phone with you.

Edited by sean&gabi

November 2004--I'm on vacation in Italy and met Gabriela at a pizzeria in Venice...it was love at first sight!

2 Weeks Later 2004--changed my intinerary to go back to Venice and see this Romanian girl that I couldn't stop thinking about.

August 30--My sweetie's Birthday! I love you, doll!!!

September 9, 2005--I-129F sent to NSC.

September 15, 2005--NOA1!

October 24, 2005--NOA2!!

November 07, 2005--NVC letter received!!!

Early December 2005--K1 packet gets to the Consulate in Naples but somehow they forgot about notifying us in any way, and apparently replying to emails is just waaaay too strenuous for them...

January 11, 2006--After numerous failed attempts to contact them, Naples Consulate emails packet3.

January 2006--I contact my state senator's office.

March 20, 2006--Gabi has her medical exam in Naples...

March 21, 2006--Gabi has her interview...K1 VISA ISSUED!!!!!

April 18, 2006--I will fly to Europe to get my honey...and never, ever let her go!!!

I just cant believe how helpful this board is and hope i can repay all the kindness given to me on this board. i will go ahead and do the proccess myself so im sure you will be hearing from me for a while. Emailed the forms to my girl today and will receive them i am guessing next week via dhl and then will submit. Will keep you posted and sure i will have more questions in the next few days. thanks again everyone.

JOe

K1

04/11/2006--sent i-129f

11/20/2006--Married

AOS

12/15/06-- noa1

01/12/07-- rfe

02/03/07-- Biometrics

Remove Conditions

1/12/09--noa1

2/04/09--Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.