hungryhamster

How to apply for Global Entry

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I hope all is well.  My wife passed her i751 - I-751 Remove Conditions on Residence and now has her new permanent resident card.  However, how do you apply for Global Entry?  The website for the Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) requires indication of something on the US documentation only has "Passport" as a selection dropdown option.  Putting in my wife's China passport info.  along will not be sufficient.  If entering the dates specified from the US permanent resident card in the passport fields, the system errors out saying dates cannot be more than 11 years (in wife's case, card issuance is 2016 and expires in 2029).  Is there a possible workaround?

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, hungryhamster said:

I hope all is well.  My wife passed her i751 - I-751 Remove Conditions on Residence and now has her new permanent resident card.  However, how do you apply for Global Entry?  The website for the Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) requires indication of something on the US documentation only has "Passport" as a selection dropdown option.  Putting in my wife's China passport info.  along will not be sufficient.  If entering the dates specified from the US permanent resident card in the passport fields, the system errors out saying dates cannot be more than 11 years (in wife's case, card issuance is 2016 and expires in 2029).  Is there a possible workaround?

If you google 'global entry applic form pdf', it will show you that for permanent resident info, the form only asks for the expiry date.

Maybe your problem might be trying to put PR info on passport info as you've mentioned in your message? That's why it can't be more than 11 years and that's why you're trying to put both issue and expiry dates. The pdf global entry forms that I've seen only ask for expiry date of the green card. I did Global Entry last Feb but unfortunately I didn't do a dry run on a pdf. I looked at my online account but it doesn't keep a copy of my application. Standard home, work and travel history info. The only thing that I think was a bit unusual was asking me the start date of my current mailing address.

Good luck!