R. Wolfe

Staring Over...

8 posts in this topic

How does one cancel the K-1 visa process (specifically, while putting together Packet 3)?

My previous relationship fizzled and died while putting together Packet 3 a few months ago. I'm in a new relationship now and if things go Really Well, I might be wanting to start the K-1 process a second time (because I refuse to learn from past experience :).

For that previous Packet 3, the initial deadline was in November 2018 but I got an extension back then so, technically, it is still viable until November 2019. Do I have to do anything to "cancel" that first K-1 process, do I have to wait until November, or will it automatically die if I file a new I-129f with someone else? I recall there was some "Multiple Filer" stuff in the i-129f but it seemed to only pertain to criminal record issues (which, luckily, are not an issue here).

Any help or advice will be much appreciated. The thought of starting this whole thing again is daunting, but at least I know what to expect once it gets going.

~Thank you.

PS: I also think I recall reading about there being a limit of two I-129f applications (ever?).  That should not be an issue as this would be my second, and (one way or the other) I don't foresee  a third.

You need a general waiver if it is less than 2 years since the previous I-129F was approved. If more than 2 years and no criminal history then no waiver required.

Maybe take a little longer to get to know each this time? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

*~*~*general procedural question moved from Thailand sub-forum to “K-1 fiancé visa process and procedures” - question is not country-specific*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

notify the embassy that,  you ,  the USC are cancelling the case

and to really cancel ,  don't send any supporting documents like your I 134 and supporting IRS returns

2 hours ago, x3n said:

PS: I also think I recall reading about there being a limit of two I-129f applications (ever?).  That should not be an issue as this would be my second, and (one way or the other) I don't foresee  a third.

There is no limits on I-129f application.  Sometimes they require a waiver some times they don't require a waiver, just depends the policy/instructions at the time when you file.

Good luck

Edited by Falcon Cara

ChickBoy

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

notify the embassy that,  you ,  the USC are cancelling the case

and to really cancel ,  don't send any supporting documents like your I 134 and supporting IRS returns

I would suggest that the USC also notify the USCIS service center, that initially processed the previous case, to cancel the case. 

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 3 weeks later...

To follow up, I sent an email to the US Embassy in Bangkok (as that is where my particular case is) and received the following response:

-------------------------

To request withdrawal of petition, the petitioner is required to submit an explanatory letter requesting a withdrawal of the petition with:

- the petitioner’s signature

- a copy of the petitioner’s U.S. passport or copy of U.S. federal ID with the petitioner’s signature. 

Please have it mailed to us at the following address:

(specify your case reference number: BNK…)

Immigrant Visa Unit

US Embassy, Consular Section

120-122 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Bangkok 10330

-------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.