Rexxx

Good news with recent IOE receipt number I130 petitioner

111 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/4/2019 at 4:01 PM, lpena said:

Hi All,

I-130 send on August 7th, received on August 9th, Text Noa 1 Received August 13th, Also got IOE receipt from texas service center.  Almost a month waiting now. Hope this process is quick.

Regards,

Luis

Hey Luis,

Any updates? My case is very similar to yours.

Marriage: 08/28/2019

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019

I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/07/2019

I-130 NOA1 received: 10/14/2019 --> Assigned to Texas Service Center

I-130 approved: 5/15/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center

NVC Stage

Case Number received: 5/16/2020 —> via Email

Paid IV and AOS fee: 5/16/2020

Submitted IV application and civil documents: 5/28/2020

DQ: 6/1/2020 - email

Now waiting for our interview - CD Juarez Mexico

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, lpena said:

Sorry, I wasn,t checking this website very often. No I haven't received any updates. I guess is going to be a very long process. about 2 month and week waiting. I think I want to die, LOL. 

I am closely watching this thread to see if someone with IOE says they got approved in few months time.

Mine is Aug 26, 2019. It went to california service center.

Timeline
On 10/16/2019 at 10:01 AM, lpena said:

Sorry, I wasn,t checking this website very often. No I haven't received any updates. I guess is going to be a very long process. about 2 month and week waiting. I think I want to die, LOL. 

No worries! Keep us posted :)

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

On 10/17/2019 at 2:22 PM, danielba said:

No worries! Keep us posted :)

Sure,  I'll be posting any news I get from USCIS. hope you guys do the same. As today no changes, still waiiiiitiiiiing......, however my wife is here with her tourist visa for about 2 weeks (no problem at the airport, we though that was going to be an issue.  although she had it before the I-130 petition).

Edited by lpena

Timeline
9 hours ago, lpena said:

Sure,  I'll be posting any news I get from USCIS. hope you guys do the same. As today no changes, still waiiiiitiiiiing......, however my wife is here with her tourist visa for about 2 weeks (no problem at the airport, we though that was going to be an issue.  although she had it before the I-130 petition).

I'm glad to hear your wife is visiting. I also have a visa but I will have to renew it since it's expiring in February 2020. I wasn't sure about renewing it but my lawyer told me that I could still visit the U.S. with my tourist visa and also my job might require me to fly. 

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just want to check in , we are July 10, 2019. 104 days waiting 😢..  This process is really hard and having the Nebraska Service Center being twice as long is really not fair. 

14 hours ago, Michael Huff said:

Just want to check in , we are July 10, 2019. 104 days waiting 😢..  This process is really hard and having the Nebraska Service Center being twice as long is really not fair. 

I guess we are in the same boat. This process is just to painful. and if you think about it all they are doing is to determine if you have a valid relationship with the beneficiary (approving I-130). Really? All the paper work is done after by NVC and then the consulate abroad; and that's fairly quick. I don't understand why does it take so long to approve that I-130 form, at least for consular petitions (change of status process is another story). Sorry to hear it's taking to long. a lot of BS going on at USCIS.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, lpena said:

I guess we are in the same boat. This process is just to painful. and if you think about it all they are doing is to determine if you have a valid relationship with the beneficiary (approving I-130). Really? All the paper work is done after by NVC and then the consulate abroad; and that's fairly quick. I don't understand why does it take so long to approve that I-130 form, at least for consular petitions (change of status process is another story). Sorry to hear it's taking to long. a lot of BS going on at USCIS.

It's not the processing of the paperwork that takes a long time, it's just the waiting. Processing each application doesn't take them much time, but they have such a massive backlog of applications that it seems like it takes a long time. The wait is difficult, but it's really kinda necessary. We can all fight through to the end. Just try to stay positive! The wait will pay off in the end!

Timeline

Thanks Ipena , I’m 63 and need my wife. This process is very unfair. Especially if you are unfortunate to get Nebraska. How is that right to take twice as long as other service centers ? 

Timeline

I’m trying to stay positive but honestly this is not necessary! Timeline for I130 on USCIS for Nebraska Service center is 12-16.5 months ! That’s just USCIS ! Doesn’t include NVC or Interview ! Please explain to me how that is necessary ? 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Michael Huff said:

I’m trying to stay positive but honestly this is not necessary! Timeline for I130 on USCIS for Nebraska Service center is 12-16.5 months ! That’s just USCIS ! Doesn’t include NVC or Interview ! Please explain to me how that is necessary ? 

The US government and its bureaus are not well known for their efficiency. It's not necessary per se, but it's expected. When you're going through literally millions of total petitions per year and you have no profit motive (or really any motive at all) to actually do it quickly, goals of efficiency fall by the wayside. 

On 10/25/2019 at 11:00 AM, Fernthony said:

The US government and its bureaus are not well known for their efficiency. It's not necessary per se, but it's expected. When you're going through literally millions of total petitions per year and you have no profit motive (or really any motive at all) to actually do it quickly, goals of efficiency fall by the wayside. 

I understand your point of view and also Michael's. In my opinion, you are both right! I understand is the way the system works, however you have to take into consideration that we are talking about families been separated. It's very unfortunate, that the system has to work this way. like you said Fernthony we just have to suck it up and fight through to the end. However, if I were you I would take back the word Necessary, I don't think it describes this process very well. 

But any way. Hope everything goes quick for you all. (still waiting from my side) 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, lpena said:

I understand your point of view and also Michael's. In my opinion, you are both right! I understand is the way the system works, however you have to take into consideration that we are talking about families been separated. It's very unfortunate, that the system has to work this way. like you said Fernthony we just have to suck it up and fight through to the end. However, if I were you I would take back the word Necessary, I don't think it describes this process very well. 

But any way. Hope everything goes quick for you all. (still waiting from my side) 

I agree. I don't think it's necessary for it to take this long (I actually think it's really sad that we have to be apart from our spouses), I just think it's pretty expected when dealing with the government and when there are like 1.5 million petitions in limbo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.