2,900 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ilo said:

Never received courtesy letter or transfer notice, my local office is Houston Tx

Oh wow! They really gone full blown crazy...no more pattern! Just how they please! But it's all good just be sure to go with updated i693! God is with you all the way! Blessings!🙏

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

Congratulations on your interview @NICOLA2017

Now i am so concerned about my case 

NYC Queens

File in May 25th 2017 

Approved September 14th 2018 

Local office September 25th 2018 

Courtesy letter February 5th 2019 

But no interview as yet praying its on it way i dont have a lawyer i did everything my self with the help of the forum 

Who can u reach out too for assistance 

Thanks for all the advice 

Edited by MAYgirl

1 hour ago, MAYgirl said:

NYC Queens

File in May 25th 2017 

But no interview as yet praying its on it way i dont have a lawyer i did everything my self with the help of the forum 

I am sorry for late reply i am at work...i got no update online ...i just got a call from my lawyer today ..i applied April 2017 but had a RFE August 2018 ..so initially i applied before you 

7 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

I am sorry for late reply i am at work...i got no update online ...i just got a call from my lawyer today ..i applied April 2017 but had a RFE August 2018 ..so initially i applied before you 

Hey Nikky is your field office Queens too? Truly no one can say for sure how USCIS operates..I've see very unusual situations/cases...also I don't pay much attention to the processing times no more...they're not working according to them... @MAYgirl I believe strongly you'll be notified shortly! Don't be distressed! Nikky was worried as well next thing you know..the letter showed up! Keep cool God is in total control!🙏😊

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey Nikky is your field office Queens too? Truly no one can say for sure how USCIS operates..I've see very unusual situations/cases...also I don't pay much attention to the processing times no more...they're not working according to them... @MAYgirl I believe strongly you'll be notified shortly! Don't be distressed! Nikky was worried as well next thing you know..the letter showed up! Keep cool God is in total control!🙏😊

Thank you for the uplifing words @Stillwinning!!!😊 your the best cheerleader in this group always have the best words to reassure we are on the right track.

2 hours ago, MAYgirl said:

NYC Queens

File in May 25th 2017 

Same here MAYgirl. Queens NYC, approved VAWA October 2018, no CL, waiting for interview letter 

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, FeDaniela said:

I have never got the courage to stay for more than a week or 12 days.... is also a nerve racking experience on coming back but I also always come back with no problem. 

Hello .. were you out of status at any point ?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Absolutely NOT!!! someone here I can't remember who..posted not long ago about still being married even though they just had their interview..and received their Greencard! I'm in no rush myself to file for divorce! 

@Stillwinning!!!😊Kudos to your energy, positivity and kindness. Stay blessed always.

Since the point has come up, let me seek some more enlightenment on this topic.

Is it not absolutely necessary to have divorce petition started by the time we attend GC interview? Is there any chance that CIS raises question in interview why it’s not initiated since the ground for vawa is abuse? If we don’t initiate divorce is it going to have bad impact on interview?

For some, divorce process amplifies stress levels as one needs extra time, energy, savings and emotional strength to face it .it might negatively impact the job too as the process can be traumatic. if one is already separated from spouse they may not want to face them and disturb current peace.

Does CIS take such factors into consideration? Is that why divorce is not a requirement for vawa based GC interview? Kindly advise 🙏

Good night everyone!!

5 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Yes 10years i have travelled 2x next week 3rd time :) God first 

do you mean you were out of status for 10years?  what country are u from?  I received my AP and I want to travel but I am worried because I was out of status for a year. Please advise .

Thank you .

6 minutes ago, Texas Girl said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊Kudos to your energy, positivity and kindness. Stay blessed always.

Since the point has come up, let me seek some more enlightenment on this topic.

Is it not absolutely necessary to have divorce petition started by the time we attend GC interview? Is there any chance that CIS raises question in interview why it’s not initiated since the ground for vawa is abuse? If we don’t initiate divorce is it going to have bad impact on interview?

For some, divorce process amplifies stress levels as one needs extra time, energy, savings and emotional strength to face it .it might negatively impact the job too as the process can be traumatic. if one is already separated from spouse they may not want to face them and disturb current peace.

Does CIS take such factors into consideration? Is that why divorce is not a requirement for vawa based GC interview? Kindly advise 🙏

Good night everyone!!

Goodnight hun and thanks😊 not been divorced does not impact negatively on your case at all...sure few officers may ask why you're still married to your abuser but it doesn't look any type of way at all....you can state the reasons you mentioned in your post...it's really stressful! I'm not ready for that yet...one day at a time! Don't worry about it too much..it's not a requirement for approval at all! We good!🙌😊👍

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Goodnight hun and thanks😊 not been divorced does not impact negatively on your case at all...sure few officers may ask why you're still married to your abuser but it doesn't look any type of way at all....you can state the reasons you mentioned in your post...it's really stressful! I'm not ready for that yet...one day at a time! Don't worry about it too much..it's not a requirement for approval at all! We good!🙌😊👍

Appreciate the quick clarification !! You are indeed quicker than a squirrel 👏🙏  😍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.