2,900 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Goyo said:

When I filed the I485, I checked the box refusing to get C31 after Vawa approval so I did not get C31 work permit. Don’t ask me why I checkedΒ that box LOL🀣🀣🀣. I renewed withΒ C09 category.Β 

Ummm 😏 I have one question..WHY?😳 LMAOπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Goyo said:

When I filed the I485, I checked the box refusing to get C31 after Vawa approval so I did not get C31 work permit. Don’t ask me why I checkedΒ that box LOL🀣🀣🀣. I renewed withΒ C09 category.Β 

Oh, i think you should get the C31 EAD even though you didnt check that box. I also didnt check the box and i received one.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

I filed VAWA late 2017 and it was approved this spring. My AOS interview is in August and I haven't filed for divorce yet. I will submit on Monday.

Β 

Is this going to be a huge issue?

Can I request docs in my maiden name til the divorce is final?

No its not an issue at all. You will needΒ a divorce judgement stating your name restoration to be able to get your documents in your maiden name. I guess you will have to wait till your divorce is done to get that name change on your coming GREEN CARD. Best of luck at your interview and if you dont mind please share your timeline.Β 

17 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

I filed VAWA late 2017 and it was approved this spring. My AOS interview is in August and I haven't filed for divorce yet. I will submit on Monday.

Β 

You don'tΒ need to be divorce at the AOS interview date, divorce are complicated and can take sometimes they understand.Β  If you will submit divorce on Monday just make a copy of the documents you are submitting to the court, The court will issue anΒ index number for your divorce case if the courtΒ sent index # and documents to you before the interview you can take it, as proof the divorce has been filed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

Β 

I haven't filed mine yet looking forward to filling next week, though I have not gotten yet my interview letter but I think it's not a big deal, with me I just have fear of having to meet the man again!! Am scared to face him once again.Β 

Β 

By the way what's your field office

8 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

I haven't filed mine yet looking forward to filling next week, though I have not gotten yet my interview letter but I think it's not a big deal, with me I just have fear of having to meet the man again!! Am scared to face him once again.Β 

Β 

By the way what's your field office

I'm in Newark, NJ

Filed Wawa October '17

No word till approval April '19

Aos interview letter today. I am shocked!!!

Β 

I couldn't find my ex, he was in jail he only came out a a few months ago plus I didn't have the money and didn't have the courage to face him anyway.

Edited by Triumphant

2 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

I'm in Newark, NJ

Filed Wawa October '17

Β 

I couldn't find my ex, he was in jail he only came out a a few months ago plus I didn't have the money and didn't have the courage to face him anyway.

Wow! We have similar stories...anyway the wow was for how fast your interview was scheduled!!! Some folks have been waiting forever! When did you get courtesy letter?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

12 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

I'm in Newark, NJ

Filed Wawa October '17

Β 

I cant wait for mine.. we have same timeline except i live in LA. filed in Oct 17 and got my approval April 19 @Triumphant

Edited by blujewel

7 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

I'm in Newark, NJ

Filed Wawa October '17

Β 

Here's how long it's taking Newark NJ field office..and yet you got yours in 4months following i360 approval!😳 I'm done with processing times!😏😁

Β 

Β 

Processing time for Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (I-485) at Newark NJ

Estimated time range
Months
Β 
to
Β 
Months

Timeline
Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wow..so you're probably next! What state you at again...

amen for both of us girl! cant help it, i refresh my case tracker on my phone every sec of the day hoping to see some news lol

2 minutes ago, blujewel said:

amen for both of us girl! cant help it, i refresh my case tracker on my phone every sec of the day hoping to see some news lol

Β 

Just now, blujewel said:

CaliforniaΒ 

Lol..trust me I know the feeling...did you get courtesy letter yet? Looks like they're processing cases that were just recently approved faster...I mean how else can we explain this...also processing times doesn't always apply! πŸ˜•πŸ‘

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.