PP_2016

I-751 June 2019 Filers

1,144 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2020 at 8:58 PM, BosiBr said:

Hello Everyone,

I applied for my I-751 on 06/13/2019, and I have my "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" status since September 3rd, 2020. My 18 month period expires on 01/25/2020.

Do I have to request an extension if they do not schedule my interview before that date? If so, could someone point me in the right direction?

Is there any chance they are waiving interviews? My wife and I are in Hawaii now and it could be a hassle logistically to interview across the country.

Thank you! I appreciate any help!

Hi there, I also filed my I-751 in June 2019 and my 18 month period expires in early Feb 2021. You're legal visa status will not expire on 01/25/2020, just your evidence of it. Your visa status remains the same until they make a final decision on your case.

If you require evidence of your visa status (for work or to travel intentionally, for example) you will need to get an appointment to receive an I-555 stamp in your passport. You can do so by calling the USCIS Contact Center on 800-375-5283. I've read on these forums that they'll only schedule an appointment if the matter is urgent (impending travel that can't be avoided or a work visa issue, etc) and apparently it takes a while to get an appointment. Haven't called myself, but planning to do so closer to Feb.

Perhaps other folks on this forum can speak to the logistics of getting the I-555 stamp after their 18 month extension expired?...

Hope this is helpful. Good luck!

19 hours ago, rorymcguigan said:

Hi there, I also filed my I-751 in June 2019 and my 18 month period expires in early Feb 2021. You're legal visa status will not expire on 01/25/2020, just your evidence of it. Your visa status remains the same until they make a final decision on your case.

If you require evidence of your visa status (for work or to travel intentionally, for example) you will need to get an appointment to receive an I-555 stamp in your passport. You can do so by calling the USCIS Contact Center on 800-375-5283. I've read on these forums that they'll only schedule an appointment if the matter is urgent (impending travel that can't be avoided or a work visa issue, etc) and apparently it takes a while to get an appointment. Haven't called myself, but planning to do so closer to Feb.

Perhaps other folks on this forum can speak to the logistics of getting the I-555 stamp after their 18 month extension expired?...

Hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Thank you for the information! While I do not have any plans to travel internationally in the near future, I am looking for a different job, in which case new employers will ask me for evidence of work eligibility. I will give them a call. I appreciate your help!

Guys from Texas Service Center, I think a lot if you have cases officially outside of processing time, as based on uscis they begin to work already on the end of June 2029 cases. So, may be it is worth to submit an inquiry...

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I filed June 28, 2019 from Georgia. Had biometrics I’m Jacksonville, FL, in July 2019. Since 11 September 2019 the Status in my account was “ready to schedule interview”. 
In August 2020 I filed my N400, aside from the receipt notice - nothing. In September 2020 we moved to Kentucky. 
In January 2021 I did a case inquiry that found “your case is ready for interview” 🤦‍♀️   Then my case status went to “January 25, 2021: Ready to schedule interview”. I thought “uh-huh, sure”. Then I called them to see what’s up and apparently they are really in the process of scheduling my interview. Hopefully it won’t take them another 15 months to do that.. I also asked if that interview would include my citizenship application and the lady didn’t know, but she told me my biometrics for that were waived as well. Would’ve been nice to know. So I’m back to waiting -.-

2 minutes ago, VeronicaL said:

I filed June 28, 2019 from Georgia. Had biometrics I’m Jacksonville, FL, in July 2019. Since 11 September 2019 the Status in my account was “ready to schedule interview”. 
In August 2020 I filed my N400, aside from the receipt notice - nothing. In September 2020 we moved to Kentucky. 
In January 2021 I did a case inquiry that found “your case is ready for interview” 🤦‍♀️   Then my case status went to “January 25, 2021: Ready to schedule interview”. I thought “uh-huh, sure”. Then I called them to see what’s up and apparently they are really in the process of scheduling my interview. Hopefully it won’t take them another 15 months to do that.. I also asked if that interview would include my citizenship application and the lady didn’t know, but she told me my biometrics for that were waived as well. Would’ve been nice to know. So I’m back to waiting -.-

If your I-751 is still pending at the time of your N400 interview being scheduled and confirmed, then you're going to be doing what they call a "combo interview" which means you'll be doing both I-751 and N400 and you're gonna need your spouse with you there. 

All the best and I hope you hear from them soon!

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Timeline
19 hours ago, TheSkywalkers said:

If your I-751 is still pending at the time of your N400 interview being scheduled and confirmed, then you're going to be doing what they call a "combo interview" which means you'll be doing both I-751 and N400 and you're gonna need your spouse with you there. 

All the best and I hope you hear from them soon!

I know about the combo interview, I hope so does my local USCIS office haha. If they really give me an appointment soon, I’ll have to take my husband’s orders for his current temporary assignment instead. Hopefully they are understanding

On 12/10/2020 at 8:17 PM, rorymcguigan said:

Hi, June 2019 I-751 filer here (SF, CA). My I-797 18-month ROC expires in Feb 2021.

Has anyone tried to get an I-551 stamp during Covid-times? 

Do y'all think I can schedule an appt two months in advance of expiry, or do you recommend waiting to closer to my expiry date?  Anyone with experience of appointments in San Francisco?  I've been reading lots of horror stories about no appointments being available for I-551 stamps (due to Covid) unless it's an "emergency".

Any suggestions very welcome!  Thank you!

My timeline:

• 6/2019 Filed/received Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence / Received I-797 Notice of action 18 month extension.
  • 1/2020 I-751 Biometrics appt
  • 6/2020 N-400 Submitted / received
  • 8/2020 Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another USCIS office.
  • 8/2020 I-751 Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction (Lee's Summit, MO)
  • 2/2021 I-797 Notice of action 18 month extension expires
Hi, I'm a July 2019 filer and my extension expired mid January. I called USICS in order to schedule the appointment. They took down my info and said there will be a call back within 7 business days to schedule the appointment. It took over 2 weeks until they finally called and the officer scheduled me to get the stamp within the same week. I went in and the line was extremely long! Took me over 2 hours of waiting, then the process went fast as they stamped my passport they took away my old green card but the lady told me to take a picture of it just in case. Overall, it was a good experience and I recommend to anyone getting it done. Mine wasn't super last minute, but it wasn't in advance as well. When I called to set up the appointment they asked when my extension is expiring, if its not close to 3 months they won't help. Also, just my advice get it later so if your case is taking a long time you won't need to go and renew it again much sooner! (They renewed my for a year)

On 12/27/2020 at 8:58 PM, BosiBr said:

Hello Everyone,

I applied for my I-751 on 06/13/2019, and I have my "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" status since September 3rd, 2020. My 18 month period expires on 01/25/2020.

Do I have to request an extension if they do not schedule my interview before that date? If so, could someone point me in the right direction?

Is there any chance they are waiving interviews? My wife and I are in Hawaii now and it could be a hassle logistically to interview across the country.

Thank you! I appreciate any help!

Hi, same here! July 2019 filer, case is ready to be scheduled for interview since Sept, 2020. I got a I-551 stamp few weeks ago in LA, the whole process took about 3 weeks.

3 hours ago, Lilly222 said:

Привет, такой же здесь! Заявитель на июль 2019 года, дело готово к собеседованию с сентября 2020 года. Несколько недель назад в Лос-Анджелесе я получил штамп I-551, весь процесс занял около 3 недель.

my forme I751 finish in March. 240 days status doesn't changet. If I stamp I-551 in passport can I fly outside the USA?

Timeline
11 hours ago, Lilly222 said:

You can only get the appointment for the stamp 30 days before the 797 expires. I called about 15 days too early and they said they couldn’t do anything. 

10 hours ago, nyoleg said:

my forme I751 finish in March. 240 days status doesn't changet. If I stamp I-551 in passport can I fly outside the USA?

Yes, you can definitely travel outside of the US with your passport stamped. Just get the stamp first before booking a flight as wait times can be different  for everyone.

11 minutes ago, VeronicaL said:

You can only get the appointment for the stamp 30 days before the 797 expires. I called about 15 days too early and they said they couldn’t do anything. 

Yeah, makes sense. They even pushed my further, so that I had a week left before I went ahead and got it stamped. They usually do it within 3 months of expiration I believe, but maybe because of COVID they changed it to much later. Regardless, its an easy process😊

Good morning all,

This room has been quiet for some days now , any update from anyone? 
Straight to the point , I filed my I751 on the 9th of July 2019, got NOA on 15th , on October 3rd, my case was updated to “Ready to be scheduled for an interview “ after I got an extension. 

Ever since then , My case status has been the same and my extension expired on 01/17/2021

Fast forward to two weeks ago, I called USCIS for infopass and I got a call back yesterday, my appointment for infopass is today by 11:15am.

cheers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.