todd1000

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi im just wondering about skype i see that its 2 cents to call usa from the philippines and it cost me 10 times that much to call the philippines does anybody know how i could have my fiance open an account on her computer and than a way for me to add money on her account from the usa or does she have to add the money from there ..thanks for your input

June 21, 2007 sent 129f to csc

Nov 8, 2007 noa2

Nov 12,2007 hardcopy received in mail

Nov 28, 2007 nvc received noa2 from uscis california

Nov 29, 2007 nvc sends case to manila case #mnl2007832xxx

feb 2 2008 flying to manila

feb 8 2008 interview.

feb 8 2008 approved

feb 17 we both arrive in san francisco yey!

mar 8 wedding

may 31 file for aos and ead

june28 biometrics appoinment

sept 15 recieved appt letter aos interview on oct..30

oct 30 passed interview for aos waiting for greencard in the mail !!!

nov 12 Greencard in hand woo hoo

august 3 2010 file for removal of conditional greencard

august 10 Noa1

Sep 9 Biometrics

Dec 1 approved

Dec 8 10 Year Greencard recieved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

It might be easier for you to create the account (using her info), load the money and just call her with the username and password. Since you created it you can always check the amount and add $ as needed.

hi im just wondering about skype i see that its 2 cents to call usa from the philippines and it cost me 10 times that much to call the philippines does anybody know how i could have my fiance open an account on her computer and than a way for me to add money on her account from the usa or does she have to add the money from there ..thanks for your input

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just add money in my skype and my fiance uses it to call me from Morocco. For him to call me it is .01 a min but .25 for me. Or you could add the money to her acct using your card. I have its no problem. Unless your talking about calling her with an account set up there...in rereading the post maybe that is what you mean...in which case my input was useless...sorry!

Edited by chasnik

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Sent I-129 f to csc on Dec 23,2006

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Case forwarded to Casa Nov 19, 2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-08-08 arrived in Atlanta

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

It might be easier for you to create the account (using her info), load the money and just call her with the username and password. Since you created it you can always check the amount and add $ as needed.

If you open the account here in the US, the rates will apply as you are calling from here I believe.

You can add money to her skype account via your credit card or paypal.

Just so you know, that this started with skype not to long ago... they charge a connection fee of like $0.039 cents per call :) Cell phone rates are always more. So if you are calling her cell phone you pay lots more, than her calling the US (our landline & cell phone rates are always cost the same to call)

12140.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sorry if I am not understanding something, but I use SKYPE everyday to see and talk to my fiance - and it is FREE computer to computer, with a webcam and microphone on each end (it has to be one of the best inventions on earth). You each need to install s/w on your respective machines and create an account... then call to your hearts content.

My belief is that you are only charged if you are making a call to a telephone.

My fiance actually paid to have a number in my area code of the US applied to his skype phone. It wasn't very expensive to do, I think. I call him from my regular house phone and it's just like dialing a local number. It's worked very well.

Real love stories never have endings...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Sorry if I am not understanding something, but I use SKYPE everyday to see and talk to my fiance - and it is FREE computer to computer, with a webcam and microphone on each end (it has to be one of the best inventions on earth). You each need to install s/w on your respective machines and create an account... then call to your hearts content.

My belief is that you are only charged if you are making a call to a telephone.

I am confused as well...$30 for a webcam with mic then see and talk to eachother every day for free. Definately the BEST invention ever...just like on the Jetson's.

Jan 5, 2007: I-129F sent

Jan 16, 2007: NOA1

April 9, 2007: touched (in the afternoon- Monday)

April 9, 2007: RFE notice via email (11:30pm- Monday)

April 12, 2007: RFE hardcopy received in post(Thursday)

April 14, 2007: touched (Saturday???)

April 16, 2007: Sent off more evidence to CSC (Monday)

April 17, 2007: Package arrives at CSC (10am Tuesday) (post office receipt...no notice of receipt from CSC)

April 24, 2007: email notification that CSC received my RFE reply on Apr. 24

April 24, 2007: touch

April 25, 2007: touch

April 27, 2007: touch

April 27: 2007: NOA2!!! (8:20pm email)

April 28, 2007: touch

May 2, 2007: NOA2 Hard copy received in snail mail

May 10, 2007: NVC received petition

May 30, 2007: Packet 3 received in post, scheduled medical appt.

June 12, 2007: London Medical

June 4, 2007: Packet 3 returned to Embassy

June 22, 2007: Packet 4 received

July 25, 2007: Interview!!! ...Approved!