Tilde333

120 days after interview no decision or RFE?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

So it has now been 121 days since our interview at the Washington DC field office.  It went really well, lots of evidence, had to bring the baby, not very many questions from the officer, and he didn't want to see any more evidence.  He said we would hear about approval in 1-120 days and if we did not here in that time to file an inquiry. Well I have filed 2 inquiries and our Congressman has too.  We never received anything from them, one was over 30 days ago.  No infopasses are available.  What else can I do?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello sorry for the long wait I am in a similar situation at the Baltimore office (you can see it in my signature ) 

My suggestion would be to call, try to do it right at 8:01AM when they open and ask to be transferred to a level 2 officer because you filled out a service request and its been over 30 days with no answer and 120 days after interview with no communication so you would lile to schedule an Infopass. 

You may or may not be transferred, pleasemake sure you insist to be transferred once they do transfer you and you get the call back Hopefully the IO can tell schedule the Infopass or escalate your SR

Good luck 

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Timeline

Oh my goodness! Your timeline is horrible!! They just sent you an RFE after like a year post-interview!!! What was the RFE? Thank you for the advice, when my husband is finally home during their business hours we can call together because they won't talk to me about the I-485 without him, only the I-130.  Hopefully we can get an infopass.  Have you filed an OMBUDSMAN report yet? 

Filed: Timeline

Your best bet is to try to get an infopass. Some offices dont have infopass options and you have to call the 800 # to get an appt. If the office does have infopass scheduling but you just cant find any openings try early in the morning (4am ish) or around midnight. I believe there is some kind of chrome extension people used that refreshes the page (?) Use search on VJ. 

Since you had the interview your file is at the local office. Sometimes Officers need to get the case signed off by a supervisor for whatever reason. Sometimes they are waiting for background checks. If its a background check delay theres nothing you can do however if its a supervisor review prodding them at the local office can get it moving again. If you make a service request they will simply forward a note to the local office. Maybe you can make the service request online? But really the best thing to do is to go back to the local office where they can actually see where the file is and get it to the right person to finish the approval. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the "AOS from WST Visas" main forum to the Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:59 PM, Villanelle said:

Your best bet is to try to get an infopass. Some offices dont have infopass options and you have to call the 800 # to get an appt. If the office does have infopass scheduling but you just cant find any openings try early in the morning (4am ish) or around midnight. I believe there is some kind of chrome extension people used that refreshes the page (?) Use search on VJ. 

Since you had the interview your file is at the local office. Sometimes Officers need to get the case signed off by a supervisor for whatever reason. Sometimes they are waiting for background checks. If its a background check delay theres nothing you can do however if its a supervisor review prodding them at the local office can get it moving again. If you make a service request they will simply forward a note to the local office. Maybe you can make the service request online? But really the best thing to do is to go back to the local office where they can actually see where the file is and get it to the right person to finish the approval. 

I have been trying to get an infopass, but all the officers say that they won't schedule one and that tier 2 officers are not available.  The rep I spoke with today said that they are waiting on the I-130 approval from NBC so I could write NBC a letter asking what is going on.  All my SRs are pending over 30 days and the rep was extremely rude.  I have online and over the phone service requests, the senator and our congressional representative have inquired too.  

Filed: Timeline

Sounds like its a background check issue. Your last resort is the Ombudsman. Instructions on how to contact them are on VJ use search. But again if its background checks they can not help you either. You can also try doing a walk in for infopass if you are close enough to not have it be a major issue if they dont let you do a walk in. Finally you can try asking for a call back from a tier 2 or insist on them getting you an infopass through one. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got caught up on this thread and wanted to add my timeline on here, PD is March 7th and have been ready to be scheduled for an interview since April 8th. No update since then.. Fingers crossed everyone who has been waiting for an interview gets scheduled soon. Good luck to all of us :) 

and @Tilde333 I'm sorry to hear that you still have no news. I hope it gets resolved soon! Have you considered contacting your senator and representative about your case?

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

Timeline

Hey everyone! Great newssss!!!! Yesterday we went to the very last day of online scheduled infopass appointments at the Washington DC office.  Now any appointments have to be requested by a Tier 2 officer over the phone.  We found out that the officer who interviewed us "is no longer an employee of USCIS" and had thousandsss of cases pending waiting to be reassigned in order of priority date not interview date.  The lovely lady at the Infopass desk said that it didn't really matter that our case had been pending after interview for 143 days because a supervisor or new agent needed to get the file.  She let us fill out a form for a supervisor because they were all busy.

We left kinda disappointed, but happy to know that there was nothing wrong with the file and that we had passed background checks already.  a few hours later "CARD BEING PRODUCED!!!!" yayyyyyyyyyyy

So if your stuck like this, make an infopass! It may be some weird situation. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, AOSFairfax said:

Just got caught up on this thread and wanted to add my timeline on here, PD is March 7th and have been ready to be scheduled for an interview since April 8th. No update since then.. Fingers crossed everyone who has been waiting for an interview gets scheduled soon. Good luck to all of us :) 

and @Tilde333 I'm sorry to hear that you still have no news. I hope it gets resolved soon! Have you considered contacting your senator and representative about your case?

we got the ready to schedule 4 months before we got the "interview has been scheduled" and then another month until the interview date.  

On 6/22/2019 at 3:25 PM, Tilde333 said:

Hey everyone! Great newssss!!!! Yesterday we went to the very last day of online scheduled infopass appointments at the Washington DC office.  Now any appointments have to be requested by a Tier 2 officer over the phone.  We found out that the officer who interviewed us "is no longer an employee of USCIS" and had thousandsss of cases pending waiting to be reassigned in order of priority date not interview date.  The lovely lady at the Infopass desk said that it didn't really matter that our case had been pending after interview for 143 days because a supervisor or new agent needed to get the file.  She let us fill out a form for a supervisor because they were all busy.

We left kinda disappointed, but happy to know that there was nothing wrong with the file and that we had passed background checks already.  a few hours later "CARD BEING PRODUCED!!!!" yayyyyyyyyyyy

So if your stuck like this, make an infopass! It may be some weird situation. 

Congratulations!!!! Glad everything got resolved :) 

It's so crazy though that such a big backlog was created just because of that one officer leaving USCIS.. 

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

• 2 years later...
On 6/22/2019 at 12:25 PM, Tilde333 said:

Hey everyone! Great newssss!!!! Yesterday we went to the very last day of online scheduled infopass appointments at the Washington DC office.  Now any appointments have to be requested by a Tier 2 officer over the phone.  We found out that the officer who interviewed us "is no longer an employee of USCIS" and had thousandsss of cases pending waiting to be reassigned in order of priority date not interview date.  The lovely lady at the Infopass desk said that it didn't really matter that our case had been pending after interview for 143 days because a supervisor or new agent needed to get the file.

Can you elaborate on how you were able to talk to someone during the infopass appointment. I myself am 150+ post interview and it seems to be in background processing, but they also said they might just schedule another interview. My I-551 stamps is nearing expiration in less than a month so I'd like to get that re-stamped (via infopass appointment) and while I'm there I'd like to request an update on the case.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:09 PM, Villanelle said:

Sounds like its a background check issue. Your last resort is the Ombudsman. Instructions on how to contact them are on VJ use search. But again if its background checks they can not help you either. You can also try doing a walk in for infopass if you are close enough to not have it be a major issue if they dont let you do a walk in. Finally you can try asking for a call back from a tier 2 or insist on them getting you an infopass through one. 

I myself seem to be in a background check issue post interview (its been 5 months now). Do you know how long it can take if its background check issues post interview? Like could they possibly drag this out another 6 months? I ask because I need to weigh paying $5k for a lawyer to file a mandamus case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.