Phillygirl

N-400 Expedited Naturalization (319b)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hello guys I just received a letter from USCIS about the Biometric appointment schedule for finger prints. Sigh. The 2 finger print cards were already included in my application package.

Has anybody experience here. What I'm gonna do?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

seniding in your fingerprints does not prove you are the person doing this application

immigration will always have the person come and redo the biometrics to match their computer prints to the person doing each and every step of the process

6 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

seniding in your fingerprints does not prove you are the person doing this application

immigration will always have the person come and redo the biometrics to match their computer prints to the person doing each and every step of the process

Not true exactly. 

If OP is applying from overseas (military?) Then for RoC and N400 its allowed to send in biometric cards done on military posts.  I assume that's what OP did? Did you include biometric fee in the packet? 

I'd say maybe call USCIS and explain the situation. 

Edit. Was it generic looking letter? Or did it have actually scheduled interview ? 

Edited by Roel

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Roel said:

Not true exactly. 

If OP is applying from overseas (military?) Then for RoC and N400 its allowed to send in biometric cards done on military posts.  I assume that's what OP did? Did you include biometric fee in the packet? 

I'd say maybe call USCIS and explain the situation. 

Edit. Was it generic looking letter? Or did it have actually scheduled interview ? 

Yes I sent $725 by money order. I include FBI FD 258 card finger done in US Military base in Kuwait. The letter said, didn’t receive No form of FBI  card on the N-400 application 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline
19 hours ago, Phillygirl said:

No form of FBI  card

Is this the original wording?

When I received the RFE regarding fingerprint cards, there were actual cards and an envelope enclosed. Also, the RFE asked for 2 photos again, which I have sent.   Did you get those? 

Otherwise, maybe call the military hotline?

Expeditious Naturalization 319B (Experience Report)

CR1 I-130 NOA1: Apr 17 2017

Naturalization: Apr 11 2019  

US passport in hand: Apr 18 2019 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Qian said:

Is this the original wording?

When I received the RFE regarding fingerprint cards, there were actual cards and an envelope enclosed. Also, the RFE asked for 2 photos again, which I have sent.   Did you get those? 

Otherwise, maybe call the military hotline?

No I didn’t received FBI card. Please check letter I uploaded it. I’m applying 319 b spouse regularly working abroad. I think I message you in your fb

C3228FDF-F751-4B5E-8B26-DCC6B48C36D9.jpeg

Timeline

Hmm

Strange. I could only think of

- The letter was generic 

The cards were not good enough (not clear, no signatures, no seal, etc)

- The issuing body was not appropriate (I'm not sure military contractor would be considered as military personnel or USC employed abroad. My husband is a US private company employee working aboard, so we used the embassy route to get fingerprinted)

Either way, I would suggest call military hotline or USCIS (request for T2 officer) to find out. Or simply get another two cards and send again.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Qian said:

Hmm

Strange. I could only think of

- The letter was generic 

The cards were not good enough (not clear, no signatures, no seal, etc)

- The issuing body was not appropriate (I'm not sure military contractor would be considered as military personnel or USC employed abroad. My husband is a US private company employee working aboard, so we used the embassy route to get fingerprinted)

Either way, I would suggest call military hotline or USCIS (request for T2 officer) to find out. Or simply get another two cards and send again.

Yes I will get another one in US military base. What size of photo? And how many?

Timeline

Two US passport sized photos, with name and A number written on the back. 

Maybe it was the photo actually are missing and triggered the generic RFE?

Let me know how it goes, I'm curious. Thanks!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Qian said:

Two US passport sized photos, with name and A number written on the back. 

Maybe it was the photo actually are missing and triggered the generic RFE?

Let me know how it goes, I'm curious. Thanks!

OK. I will. Just sent 3 sets FBI FD 258 cards and 2 passport size photos. Hopefully they will I accept it. 

Yes I did, I already sent photos with my N-400 package. 

1 hour ago, Phillygirl said:

OK. I will. Just sent 3 sets FBI FD 258 cards and 2 passport size photos. Hopefully they will I accept it. 

1 hour ago, Phillygirl said:

I don't see on the letter you uploaded anywhere asking for photos!! But, I see they asking you  to take photo Identification ( passport , driver license or military ID ..etc ) to you biometric appointment ! 

Timeline

11 hours ago, johnnyI129F said:

Just sent 3 sets FBI FD 258 cards and 2 passport size photos

I think it's the best.

Somehow I sense the photos and FD258 should always be in the same mail. I got the same RFE for FD 258, so I mailed the FD258 only, because I have sent photos originally and RFE didn't ask for photos. I ended up get RFE2 for photos. I guess biometrics are sent to a different location to get processed, if they are not together, no one is going to looking them for you from the package. 

Hope this time goes through!

Edited by Qian

Timeline
22 hours ago, johnnyI129F said:

I don't see on the letter you uploaded anywhere asking for photos!! But, I see they asking you  to take photo Identification ( passport , driver license or military ID ..etc ) to you biometric appointment ! 

OMG! you right...i didn't include my photo ID...I MISSED IT! what I'm gonna do now, already mailed it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.