steve55

IMBRA Waiver Approved!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WOW! I was worried based on other posts in here that maybe they started enforcing the IMBRA more strictly now. BUt, I just got my waiver approved without being asked for RFE or intent to deny. This fiance is my 3rd in 4 years, AND, I have not had 2 years elapse since my last approval. My case is pretty IMBRA hard core all around, but its approved. For those who want to know, I filed Feb 1, 2006, it went t o CSC, and just today I got a plain letter on white paper notifying me of the approval. Usually, I just got a NOA2. BUt not this time.

And funny thing is, when I go to the USCIS case status online, it still comes up as in processing. Anyways, this letter states the national visa center has recently recieved an approved I-129F petition, and its from the bureau of counsular affairs, whatever that is.

I wonder whatever happened to the NOA2?? Strange.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

third in four years? lol

i dont feel so bad now...

Im on my second k-1 application in four years.

WOW! I was worried based on other posts in here that maybe they started enforcing the IMBRA more strictly now. BUt, I just got my waiver approved without being asked for RFE or intent to deny. This fiance is my 3rd in 4 years, AND, I have not had 2 years elapse since my last approval. My case is pretty IMBRA hard core all around, but its approved. For those who want to know, I filed Feb 1, 2006, it went t o CSC, and just today I got a plain letter on white paper notifying me of the approval. Usually, I just got a NOA2. BUt not this time.

And funny thing is, when I go to the USCIS case status online, it still comes up as in processing. Anyways, this letter states the national visa center has recently recieved an approved I-129F petition, and its from the bureau of counsular affairs, whatever that is.

Filed: Timeline
third in four years? lol

i dont feel so bad now...

Im on my second k-1 application in four years.

I finally got my imbra waiver approved to but got married so now I have to start over again with the k3 and ANOTHER 129f. I am nottttttttttttttttttttttt happy

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I am getting read to under go the same issue with visa request. I am in the process of filing a 129f, which I had one approved last Dec, but it didn't workout so she returned home. Can you reply with what format you used for the waiver and the process you used?

Thanks!!!!

Timeline

I am getting read to under go the same issue with visa request. I am in the process of filing a 129f, which I had one approved last Dec, but it didn't workout so she returned home. Can you reply with what format you used for the waiver and the process you used?

Thanks!!!!

You just type up a letter with "IMBRA Wiaver Request" as the subject title. Explain what happened and if possible, provide evidence supporting what happned and why it didnt work out. I provided all my x fiances namd am email and ph# and their emails and yahoo chats of them admitting to backing out on me. IMBRA is looking ofrr guys who abuse the system. If you show you acted in good faith and things just didnt work out, you are fine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That's a bit of good news to those of us who have been through at least one other I-129f. Good job. Also, is it possible that only your waiver was approved and not the I-129f yet?? If that makes any sense. :blink:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Keep us posted how it is going but my bet is that it will go into Administrative Review while it is at NVC. I hope not but you should know soon.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline
Keep us posted how it is going but my bet is that it will go into Administrative Review while it is at NVC. I hope not but you should know soon.

Well, looks like it sailed right through. My fiance had her interview yesterday. They gave her the standard pink slip and adviseed he r to pay at the counter. She does need to come back with a updated NBI and passport. I think its because she did a name change years ago from genicel to jeanizle and perhaps not everything matched up.

If they admin reviewed her, I would have thought she would have been advised something like" wait till you hear from us" and would have been given a 2nd slip(white one from what I hear) I think.

They didnt say anything to indicate she was going in review. We both think she only needs to send them the updated stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

You stated you filed feb 2006 and your posting is dated may 2007, so this means it had taken over a year to get your I 129F approved?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations to you, Steve55, and your fiance.

A pretty long road.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline
That's a bit of good news to those of us who have been through at least one other I-129f. Good job. Also, is it possible that only your waiver was approved and not the I-129f yet?? If that makes any sense. :blink:

Could be but I doubt it. My waiver approval for exactly the same thing was concurrent with the I129F approval.....one and all the same. :pop:

Hope you have better luck with this fiancee too. It must be getting a bit costly.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

You stated you filed feb 2006 and your posting is dated may 2007, so this means it had taken over a year to get your I 129F approved?

Oops, that should have said Feb 2007. My bad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.