Seanandrach

Medical Interview- Drs form not ready advice

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi all, 

My medical is on 21st and embassy interview on 31st. My Dr's surgery called today and said they will have my brief history ready for the medical but not a letter about the depression/anxiety history. I'm not sure at this point how long it will take. Should I reschedule the medical or go along without the letter? I imagine if i reschedule the medical, i will have to reschedule the interview and the next available is an extra 2-3 weeks after :(

Edited by Seanandrach
date mistake

K1 Visa             

Sent - 26th Aug 2018

NOA1 -  6th Sept 2018

NOA2 -  23rd Feb 2019

NVC sent to embassy - 2nd April 2019

Medical - 21st May 2019

Interview - 31st May 2019

Approved! 

K-1 in hand - 10th June 2019

POE - 4th July 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

1 hour ago, Seanandrach said:

Hi all, 

My medical is on 21st and embassy interview on 31st. My Dr's surgery called today and said they will have my brief history ready for the medical but not a letter about the depression/anxiety history. I'm not sure at this point how long it will take. Should I reschedule the medical or go along without the letter? I imagine if i reschedule the medical, i will have to reschedule the interview and the next available is an extra 2-3 weeks after :(

Also got my interview on the 31st. Medical this Friday. The nerves are now kicking in. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Seanandrach said:

Hi all, 

If you attend the medical without the summary of your mental health status, they will provide written instructions of what they need from your doctor which you send in after the fact. Then you have an unknown time gap where you wait for your GP and  the clinic to get back to your case. And you're not present with the doctor to hear his evaluation such as "This sounds fine, no problem." So anxiety for a week or two. 

You can still attend the interview. They won't send you home if your medical hasn't arrived. Then you have an unknown time gap while you wait for the medical to arrive and for the embassy to get back to your case. 

Either, way your going to be delayed an extra 2-3 weeks. Your decision is simply how much waiting in a black hole can your endure. What's your anxiety level now? Would it suit you better to have your ducks in a row for each step? 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Carl. said:

Also got my interview on the 31st. Medical this Friday. The nerves are now kicking in. 

Mines at 10.30! Praying I wont have to change it, we really want a July wedding and i have to give 4 weeks notice at work. SO anxious especially with the worry of the GP letter hanging over me. I'm sitting here hitting refresh on my emails over and over waiting for them to reply..
Good luck! I think as long as all your paperwork is in order, you'll be fine. 

Edited by Seanandrach

K1 Visa             

Sent - 26th Aug 2018

NOA1 -  6th Sept 2018

NOA2 -  23rd Feb 2019

Medical - 21st May 2019

Approved! 

POE - 4th July 2019

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Seanandrach said:

Mines at 10.30! Praying I wont have to change it, we really want a July wedding and i have to give 4 weeks notice at work. SO anxious especially with the worry of the GP letter hanging over me. I'm sitting here hitting refresh on my emails over and over waiting for them to reply..
Good luck! I think as long as all your paperwork is in order, you'll be fine. 

Mines 11.30. Good luck with yours 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

If you attend the medical without the summary of your mental health status, they will provide written instructions of what they need from your doctor which you send in after the fact. Then you have an unknown time gap where you wait for your GP and  the clinic to get back to your case. And you're not present with the doctor to hear his evaluation such as "This sounds fine, no problem." So anxiety for a week or two. 

You can still attend the interview. They won't send you home if your medical hasn't arrived. Then you have an unknown time gap while you wait for the medical to arrive and for the embassy to get back to your case. 

Either, way your going to be delayed an extra 2-3 weeks. Your decision is simply how much waiting in a black hole can your endure. What's your anxiety level now? Would it suit you better to have your ducks in a row for each step? 

I previously asked for a detailed email of dates/meds/treatment which is why they said it will take awhile. I've just emailed to request that they just do me a basic "has had a history of depression/anxiety but is not and has never been a harm to herself or others". I'd be much happier having something to hand and if they request more, they request more. (worth a try, right? )

I would have preferred to know on the embassy interview day whether it is approved or not but if it'll just be a case of getting the interviews out the way and then waiting for everything to go through, I think I'd rather do that now its all booked. Last I looked the next embassy interview was June 10th, now it could be longer.

My anxiety was always work/bereavement related which is why its even more frustrating. arghh I'm so indecisive

K1 Visa             

Sent - 26th Aug 2018

NOA1 -  6th Sept 2018

NOA2 -  23rd Feb 2019

Medical - 21st May 2019

Approved! 

POE - 4th July 2019

Timeline
5 hours ago, Seanandrach said:

I previously asked for a detailed email of dates/meds/treatment which is why they said it will take awhile. I've just emailed to request that they just do me a basic "has had a history of depression/anxiety but is not and has never been a harm to herself or others". I'd be much happier having something to hand and if they request more, they request more. (worth a try, right? )

I would have preferred to know on the embassy interview day whether it is approved or not but if it'll just be a case of getting the interviews out the way and then waiting for everything to go through, I think I'd rather do that now its all booked. Last I looked the next embassy interview was June 10th, now it could be longer.

My anxiety was always work/bereavement related which is why its even more frustrating. arghh I'm so indecisive

Im with you too! My medical is also next Tuesday. I have requested a letter from my GP but have moved medical practices since my last anxiety issues! Mine are both work/bereavement as well and date back to either 2017 or 2014. No ongoing issues and separate occasions! It’s so frustrating that I’m so worried about this causing a problem at the medical! 

I would wait until you have the letter. My husband went with a medical history and no letter, and he didn't get medical approval on the spot. We had to send them the letter once we got it and that in itself was about a few weeks! 

31 minutes ago, EffyEngland said:

Im with you too! My medical is also next Tuesday. I have requested a letter from my GP but have moved medical practices since my last anxiety issues! Mine are both work/bereavement as well and date back to either 2017 or 2014. No ongoing issues and separate occasions! It’s so frustrating that I’m so worried about this causing a problem at the medical! 

Anxiety issues shouldn't really be a problem! They worry more about depression because they don't want you to be a danger to yourself.

Timeline

Update- medical done and currently no further info needed. The lovely admin lady at my GP couldn't get the Dr to write a letter in time however she printed all my consultation notes regarding anxiety so they were able to read all the notes and it was fine. Huge relief! So if anyone struggles with getting a letter to confirm anxiety/depression status, if it's only mild, your consultation notes might be enough. 

K1 Visa             

Sent - 26th Aug 2018

NOA1 -  6th Sept 2018

NOA2 -  23rd Feb 2019

Medical - 21st May 2019

Approved! 

POE - 4th July 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.