TBoneTX

I-751 October 2017 Filers -- Part II

253 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, I751_HK said:

Did you talk to Tier 2 officer ? Call them and ask them. Hope they will let you know some thing 

about case inquiry, I didn't call them, just took a few minutes to fill in the inquiry online on Tue and get respond by mail on Friday. they didn't say anything about the background check, just very official statement says: " on xxxxx date we received your request about xxxxx because you believe your case is out of normal processing time, we are still reviewing your case, we will mail you a notice when we make a decision". don't be panic, they told you background check sounds like another official statement too, how difficult is that for them to run a background check? maybe a few minutes. I went to get my passport stamp on Friday, after they got my documents then told me to wait, they are going to pull out my info and do a background check, it just took a little while. 

46 minutes ago, Megan zhang said:

about case inquiry, I didn't call them, just took a few minutes to fill in the inquiry online on Tue and get respond by mail on Friday. they didn't say anything about the background check, just very official statement says: " on xxxxx date we received your request about xxxxx because you believe your case is out of normal processing time, we are still reviewing your case, we will mail you a notice when we make a decision". don't be panic, they told you background check sounds like another official statement too, how difficult is that for them to run a background check? maybe a few minutes. I went to get my passport stamp on Friday, after they got my documents then told me to wait, they are going to pull out my info and do a background check, it just took a little while. 

How many days before I should schedule my infopass in order to get stamp ?Mine 18 months ext will be expiring in July 2019

49 minutes ago, I751_HK said:

How many days before I should schedule my infopass in order to get stamp ?Mine 18 months ext will be expiring in July 2019

The earliest is 30 days before the expiration date of the 18month extension. I just called this morning and scheduled mine (it expires on June 18th).

11 minutes ago, vvp said:

The earliest is 30 days before the expiration date of the 18month extension. I just called this morning and scheduled mine (it expires on June 18th).

Thanks for replying . Quick question . So my card expiry date was Jan 19th 2018. So I am calculating 18 months from Jan 19th 2018 which will be July 18th 2019 right ?

2 hours ago, I751_HK said:

Yes as vvp said, they can schedule for you only if your's expired within 30 days, when I called while mine is 34 days til expired they can't do it for me. 

3 hours ago, Megan zhang said:

Yes as vvp said, they can schedule for you only if your's expired within 30 days, when I called while mine is 34 days til expired they can't do it for me. 

So what did he tell on your status when you went for stamping? 

7 minutes ago, I751_HK said:

So what did he tell on your status when you went for stamping? 

she said usually case has been transferred takes longer to process (my case was transferred to my local office in Hawaii in last Nov), and my local office now is field office, right now the I-751 EST processing time for all filed office is 23-45months. since she says so, I assume I should just forget about it, do whatever I need to, get another stamp next year lol !!!???

my headache is I need to relocate to  California next month for good, I don't know if I should change my address at this point. 

Edited by Megan zhang

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Megan zhang said:

she said usually case has been transferred takes longer to process (my case was transferred to my local office in Hawaii in last Nov), and my local office now is field office, right now the I-751 EST processing time for all filed office is 23-45months. since she says so, I assume I should just forget about it, do whatever I need to, get another stamp next year lol !!!???

my headache is I need to relocate to  California next month for good, I don't know if I should change my address at this point. 

Please excuse my interruption, did a USCIS rep tell you that ROC adjudications are currently running in the 23 to 45 month range?.....WOW !!! that is astounding !

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

8 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Please excuse my interruption, did a USCIS rep tell you that ROC adjudications are currently running in the 23 to 45 month range.....WOW !!! that is astounding !

I asked her what's going on that I have been waiting for 19.5 months already, she said that's the general waiting time for the i751 application, and then she checked on her computer said the field offices take 23-45 months now. but for VSC is 15-19.5 months, CSC is 14-19 months, we probably don't have to wait that long (trying to be optimistic lol), because last Tue when I sent case inquiry, the auto email says expected to respond by 6/5, but they responded me  3 days later...

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Edited by Megan zhang

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the info. I thought our wait time was protracted back in 2012. USCIS seems to be running in slow-motion.....

Best wishes for a prompt conclusion to your waiting.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

So my n400 was updated today:

On May 21, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IO........ We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

A couple questions I have for those who got this already,

1. How long after this UI update do you receive it in the the mail and how many weeks in advance is the interview notice when you saw it online or snail mail.

2. How many here got this but was sent home on interview day because 751 was still pending

3. How many got to sit for n400 interview only and never got called back for 751?

4. How many took n400 and never head bake

Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, David1987 said:

So my n400 was updated today:

On May 21, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IO........ We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

A couple questions I have for those who got this already,

1. How long after this UI update do you receive it in the the mail and how many weeks in advance is the interview notice when you saw it online or snail mail.

2. How many here got this but was sent home on interview day because 751 was still pending

3. How many got to sit for n400 interview only and never got called back for 751?

4. How many took n400 and never head bake

Dave

Dave- I am also Philadelphia local office- online application.  Interview letter appeared in online document in two days and got  mailed copy in five days.  Applied Nov 25, 2018 ( N-400), still pending I-751 ( Nov 27, 2017).  No mention of combo interview.  Interview June 28, 2019 for N-400.  So you will get one and half months before your interview to prepare and ask for your I-751 situation.

Edited by dilip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
55 minutes ago, dilip said:

Dave- I am also Philadelphia local office- online application.  Interview letter appeared in online document in two days and got  mailed copy in five days.  Applied Nov 25, 2018 ( N-400), still pending I-751 ( Nov 27, 2017).  No mention of combo interview.  Interview June 28, 2019 for N-400.  So you will get one and half months before your interview to prepare and ask for your I-751 situation.

Dave,  you are out of processing time and so you can ask for the status. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.