TBoneTX

I-751 October 2017 Filers -- Part II

253 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, vvp said:

Hi everybody! I finally have news that I’m scheduled for I751 interview. It’s on November 21st. Haven’t filed n400. The news was given to me by my congressman after second congressional inquiry. Very symbolically that I got it today, exactly on the day that my i751 is pending for 2 years.

Finally. Glad to hear that.

let us know how it goes.

I am still waiting; 79 days.

How to find and contact my areas congressman?

1 hour ago, LampPost said:

Finally. Glad to hear that.

let us know how it goes.

I am still waiting; 79 days.

How to find and contact my areas congressman?

So, I’ve waited 210 days to actually get interview scheduled. That’s crazy long. Of course, I’ll write my experience to you guys who are still waiting.

You can look up who is your congressman based on your residence. They all have websites, go there and send him a message. Or there could be a mailing address and you can send a letter to him/her. Some people even visited to congressman office in person. Either way is ok. My congressman’s office was very helpful, they were always responding in the timely matter.

Hello all! I finally got my official interview notice in a mail. Exactly 2 weeks before the interview, I actually started worrying why I wasn’t receiving it. It looks really weird. Feels like they used somebody else’s letter and just entered my name in it.  The petition number is wrong, the c/o name is wrong. It’s a mess. At least date and time match.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 8:29 PM, vvp said:

Hello all! I finally got my official interview notice in a mail. Exactly 2 weeks before the interview, I actually started worrying why I wasn’t receiving it. It looks really weird. Feels like they used somebody else’s letter and just entered my name in it.  The petition number is wrong, the c/o name is wrong. It’s a mess. At least date and time match.

Good luck. You've got this 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Had combo interview on Nov 14th in New Orleans. Originally was scheduled for Sept 5th, but had to reschedule due to some job/moving changes that occurred right during then. That went pretty seamlessly and only set us back a couple of months. Started off with the N-400 interview with just my wife. She doesn’t remember all the questions she got but she got all 6 right. Called me in at the end mainly just to give me credit for showing up and the interviewing officer wanted to see our 2 year old daughter. So that portion of the interview basically just consisted of my daughter handing the officer toys and stickers while she tried to talk to me. She complimented us on the thoroughness of our file and said she didn’t need to see any of the new evidence that I had brought. Since we did move while the application was in progress she transferred the file to our new office to schedule the oath ceremony. That will probably cost us a couple of months I assume but we’ll see. At least we won’t have to travel 6 hours to New Orleans again. Glad to be (almost) done!

Ok, I guess today is my lucky day 🙂 . Had I-751 interview this morning at 7:30am in Baltimore, MD. I came there early around 7:05am. It was me and my lawyer, as I was recently divorced. We waited for around 1 hour to be called. My USCIS offices was a nice lady, she asked us in and asked where is my husband. My lawyer responded that we are a waiver case and my ex husband is not here. Officer was a little confused at first, as it was first time mention about the divorce to them. I gave her my divorce decree and explained that I was divorced 1 month ago and received my final decree only couple of weeks ago, so didn't have time to notify them. Officer was ok with it, he just made a copy and moved on. She put my case on the table and it was huge pile of papers. She asked if I want to add more evidence. I started scrambling all the bags, as I brought a lot of more evidence for recent months. As it was taking me too long to sort of put it all together, I passed all the folders to my lawyer and he was putting it all in one big pile while my interview started. I was asked simple questions from the petition: name, dob, citizenship, criminal history, etc. After that she asked couple of questions about my husband: where he lives now, his dob, his mother's name, daughter's name, etc. She asked how we met and how we broke up and why. It was a long speech for me, the officer stopped me couple of times, just to get further details in dates and places. Nothing too deep. Overall it was a pleasant experience. After that my lawyer put a consolidated pile of new evidence on her desk and she looked at it and said that she doesn't need it, as I already have a lot of evidence. On the way out, she gave a paper where it said: "Your case is being held for review. At this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. etc. etc. a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete." I felt like interview went well, it took about 15 min. 2 hours later, my case status was updated to "New Card is being produced". Finally!!! almost 25 months later. Exactly 24 months and 22 days. Thank you guys for all your support! If you are still waiting, please have hope and patience. 

• 2 weeks later...

Though I am done with my ROC, just hopping in to say good luck to my fellow October 2017 filers who are still in the process and waiting. I didn't know until today that the 1st thread was already closed and there's a new one for the continuation of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone 

my interview is going to be next Monday December 16th ... I do like only for now to share with who will have interview as me to try to use this app is so helpful I think 🤔... app name is : USCIS INTERVIEW PREP

good luck to all 

E5B2A5FA-D0B6-4A81-B425-0DF975DBB08B.png

Edited by Yd4ever

• 2 weeks later...

December 16th 2019 was my interview day and my happiness day ... my case was approved and will have my 10 years green card in next few days .

the officer was understanding person ... easy question as full names birthdays and our SS ... and then he said do we have questions for him ... I say what ? Is he not going to separate us ... no he is not 😂... he said we will mail you our decision... 4 hours later I got a lot SMS and email said that my new card being produced then others said case was approved ... 

i like to thank everyone here because we took a lot good information and make it so easy for me to understand all steps we needed to stay positive...

it’s over now and in next few months I will apply for my citizenship 

wish all of you wonderful life 

thank
🙏

Edited by Yd4ever

On 12/18/2019 at 10:59 AM, Yd4ever said:

December 16th 2019 was my interview day and my happiness day ... my case was approved and will have my 10 years green card in next few days .

the officer was understanding person ... easy question as full names birthdays and our SS ... and then he said do we have questions for him ... I say what ? Is he not going to separate us ... no he is not 😂... he said we will mail you our decision... 4 hours later I got a lot SMS and email said that my new card being produced then others said case was approved ... 

i like to thank everyone here because we took a lot good information and make it so easy for me to understand all steps we needed to stay positive...

it’s over now and in next few months I will apply for my citizenship 

wish all of you wonderful life 

thank
🙏

Congratulations! Very happy for you!

Edited by vvp

VVP ... thank you so much and I am also happy for you ... I and you had I think same frame time and it was around 26 months 😂😂😂... finally it’s over and we can now start our life without this long wait ... my new update today is NEW CARD WAS PICK UP BY POST OFFICE 

THANK YOU AGAIN FRIEND 

On 12/21/2019 at 9:24 AM, Yd4ever said:

VVP ... thank you so much and I am also happy for you ... I and you had I think same frame time and it was around 26 months 😂😂😂... finally it’s over and we can now start our life without this long wait ... my new update today is NEW CARD WAS PICK UP BY POST OFFICE 

THANK YOU AGAIN FRIEND 

Yey! I’m super excited for you! Yes, we got it the hardest way! Happy holidays to you and your family!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.