8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello everyone as title stated my fiancee has no A#. instead she has (Exemption under proclamation).

First: what does that mean? my fiance is Syrian origin but holds a Turkish passport/nationality of which i applied through

Second: how would that affect my application for AoS which i am asked about the A#?

Thank you

14 minutes ago, Zodos said:

hello everyone as title stated my fiancee has no A#. instead she has (Exemption under proclamation).

First: what does that mean? my fiance is Syrian origin but holds a Turkish passport/nationality of which i applied through

Second: how would that affect my application for AoS which i am asked about the A#?

Thank you

You're reading this information from where?

You sure it doesn't say exemption FROM Proclamation?

Anyhow. Where are you reading this from...her Visa sticker...her Noa2?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

8 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You're reading this information from where?

You sure it doesn't say exemption FROM Proclamation?

Anyhow. Where are you reading this from...her Visa sticker...her Noa2?

hy. it is exemption UNDER proclamation and i am reading it on her Visa sticker.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I haven’t got first hand experience of K1 so I may be wrong ....

I do not think that her A number is on the K1 visa itself ..   but it is on the NOA2 

https://www.k1only.com/alien-registration-number/

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I did a K1, and didn't see the A# until NOA 2. I just checked all my paperwork and her visa, and no A# before that that I could find.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Zodos said:

hello everyone as title stated my fiancee has no A#. instead she has (Exemption under proclamation).Sorry, I am a bit confused. The (now cancelled) K1 visa that is in my wife's passport does not have have a printed field "Proclamation" or an "Exemption" statement. Perhaps they have changed things since July2012 (when she got her visa)?

First: what does that mean? my fiance is Syrian origin but holds a Turkish passport/nationality of which i applied through Since I don't know where you are talking about, I cannot answer this question.

Second: how would that affect my application for AoS which i am asked about the A#? She has to have an Alien # (A#). To proceed with the AOS she will need her A# It is continually being asked for in numerous USCIS forms/applications/petitiions.

Thank you

As noted by the previous postings, my wife's Alien # or A# is located in a box (third box down from the top, located on the right hand side of the form) with the printed term "BENEFICIARY" and the Alien# is printed (in the format of Axxx xxx-xxx) to the right of that term, on the next line down in that box her name is printed. This is found on the Form I-797, Notice of Action, Visa petition approval form (NOA2).

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

1 hour ago, Zodos said:

hy. it is exemption UNDER proclamation and i am reading it on her Visa sticker.

Most visa stickers will not display the alien number on them. As above, its on the Noa2. The statement you were referring to has to do with your beneficiary's country being excluded from receiving non-immigrant visas due to the presidential ban on several countries. The CO at her interview declared that she was exempt from the Proclamation which is why she was issued the Visa and why that statement is placed on her visa sticker as a CBP officer can see that she is from Syria and would likely have not been issued a non-immigrant Visa because of the proclamation.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Thank you all. i have been looking on the passport since every google search indicated that. I did found it just like Pitaya said. 

40 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

As noted by the previous postings, my wife's Alien # or A# is located in a box (third box down from the top, located on the right hand side of the form) with the printed term "BENEFICIARY" and the Alien# is printed (in the format of Axxx xxx-xxx) to the right of that term, on the next line down in that box her name is printed. This is found on the Form I-797, Notice of Action, Visa petition approval form (NOA2).

Good luck on your immigration journey.

thanks for detailed location. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.