Jump to content
Zodos

no A# on my fiancee visa.

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

hello everyone as title stated my fiancee has no A#. instead she has (Exemption under proclamation).

First: what does that mean? my fiance is Syrian origin but holds a Turkish passport/nationality of which i applied through

Second: how would that affect my application for AoS which i am asked about the A#?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Zodos said:

hello everyone as title stated my fiancee has no A#. instead she has (Exemption under proclamation).

First: what does that mean? my fiance is Syrian origin but holds a Turkish passport/nationality of which i applied through

Second: how would that affect my application for AoS which i am asked about the A#?

Thank you

You're reading this information from where?

You sure it doesn't say exemption FROM Proclamation?

Anyhow. Where are you reading this from...her Visa sticker...her Noa2?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You're reading this information from where?

You sure it doesn't say exemption FROM Proclamation?

Anyhow. Where are you reading this from...her Visa sticker...her Noa2?

hy. it is exemption UNDER proclamation and i am reading it on her Visa sticker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Zodos said:

hello everyone as title stated my fiancee has no A#. instead she has (Exemption under proclamation).Sorry, I am a bit confused. The (now cancelled) K1 visa that is in my wife's passport does not have have a printed field "Proclamation" or an "Exemption" statement. Perhaps they have changed things since July2012 (when she got her visa)?

First: what does that mean? my fiance is Syrian origin but holds a Turkish passport/nationality of which i applied through Since I don't know where you are talking about, I cannot answer this question.

Second: how would that affect my application for AoS which i am asked about the A#? She has to have an Alien # (A#). To proceed with the AOS she will need her A# It is continually being asked for in numerous USCIS forms/applications/petitiions.

Thank you

As noted by the previous postings, my wife's Alien # or A# is located in a box (third box down from the top, located on the right hand side of the form) with the printed term "BENEFICIARY" and the Alien# is printed (in the format of Axxx xxx-xxx) to the right of that term, on the next line down in that box her name is printed. This is found on the Form I-797, Notice of Action, Visa petition approval form (NOA2).

 

Good luck on your immigration journey.

  


Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

_______________________

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zodos said:

hy. it is exemption UNDER proclamation and i am reading it on her Visa sticker.

Most visa stickers will not display the alien number on them. As above, its on the Noa2. The statement you were referring to has to do with your beneficiary's country being excluded from receiving non-immigrant visas due to the presidential ban on several countries. The CO at her interview declared that she was exempt from the Proclamation which is why she was issued the Visa and why that statement is placed on her visa sticker as a CBP officer can see that she is from Syria and would likely have not been issued a non-immigrant Visa because of the proclamation.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all. i have been looking on the passport since every google search indicated that. I did found it just like Pitaya said. 

40 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

As noted by the previous postings, my wife's Alien # or A# is located in a box (third box down from the top, located on the right hand side of the form) with the printed term "BENEFICIARY" and the Alien# is printed (in the format of Axxx xxx-xxx) to the right of that term, on the next line down in that box her name is printed. This is found on the Form I-797, Notice of Action, Visa petition approval form (NOA2).

 

Good luck on your immigration journey.

  

thanks for detailed location. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...