TBoneTX

I-751 April 2018 Filers (Part 2)

722 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, longuscisprocess said:
30 minutes ago, LoveWarrior said:

@longuscisprocess

I was in the same boat as you and got my biometrics done last Monday. I got the appointment for biometrics with code 5 sent to the old address, luckily since I had mail forwarding on the address it came to my new home.  I had submitted an AR-11 and received the notification of change to new address. I called and verified with USCIS that the new address was file. I even received the biometrics waiver on Feb-22nd at the new address. I am still puzzled why the fingerprint notice dated May-17th was sent to my old address.  Most of the uscis systems give conflicting information.

Sorry don't know if this was not of much help to you, since our timelines are very similar I thought you might want to know. 

15 minutes ago, rv2018 said:

@longuscisprocess

I was in the same boat as you and got my biometrics done last Monday. I got the appointment for biometrics with code 5 sent to the old address, luckily since I had mail forwarding on the address it came to my new home.  I had submitted an AR-11 and received the notification of change to new address. I called and verified with USCIS that the new address was file. I even received the biometrics waiver on Feb-22nd at the new address. I am still puzzled why the fingerprint notice dated May-17th was sent to my old address.  Most of the uscis systems give conflicting information.

Sorry don't know if this was not of much help to you, since our timelines are very similar I thought you might want to know. 

Got also code 5 on mine.

Nothing I say should in any way be construed as a breach of VJ TOS. http://www.visajourn...m/content/terms

All my comments regarding any visa's or routes to obtaining one are subject to their individual terms and conditions, the full extent of which can not possibly be fully detailed in any reply on a forum such as this.

In particular but not limited to condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

If you read it that way please re read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote. Or what somebody could misconstrue that I wrote.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 hours ago, rv2018 said:

@longuscisprocess

Thank you for the info. I guess I will call uscis and find out if they ever send me second copy of biometrics ever. Also, my case status tells received in local uscis at april 12, its almost two months now and I was hoping to hear from them soon.

On 6/6/2019 at 12:50 PM, Wadihadippa said:

Does anyone have experience with how long it takes to get a correction green card from USCIS? I received my GC yesterday but the resident since date is wrong. I have to travel soon and dont know how long it takes them to send a corrected one

To request "any" correction on the current GC you have to file a I-90. It's a slow process and you can check the timeline on USCIS site like all other forms. Here is my ques: If the incorrect date is not causing you any issue (like, filing for naturalization) then why do you even need to correct that before your travel? Immigration officers care less when you became resident. All it matters that it's valid and current. The "resident since" date is not a critical field for any of that.

7 minutes ago, SCCH said:

To request "any" correction on the current GC you have to file a I-90. It's a slow process and you can check the timeline on USCIS site like all other forms. Here is my ques: If the incorrect date is not causing you any issue (like, filing for naturalization) then why do you even need to correct that before your travel? Immigration officers care less when you became resident. All it matters that it's valid and current. The "resident since" date is not a critical field for any of that.

Hi SCCH,

The incorrect date only delays my filing by 13 days which doesn't bother me. I don't want to go to my naturalization interview and get rejected based on that date. Hence I was wondering if it makes any difference if this date is correct or not.

Thank you for replying to my post

56 minutes ago, Wadihadippa said:

Hi SCCH,

The incorrect date only delays my filing by 13 days which doesn't bother me. I don't want to go to my naturalization interview and get rejected based on that date. Hence I was wondering if it makes any difference if this date is correct or not.

Thank you for replying to my post

There is 0 chance you will be rejected at the nat. interview for anything related to that incorrect date.  If during the online nat. application you are putting in the incorrect date as the actual date and going on from there then all that matters is that you are being delayed for a few days for your nat. application. Remember you always have your old GC in case you want to put your correct "resident since" date and go from there on the nat. application. None of this should be an issue imho. You can schedule an infopass appointment to discuss this too. I am pretty sure they will tell you any correction regarding this is your "discretion", i.e. this is not critical. Remember if in doubt they will send an RFE 1st before rejecting anything.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, Peter123456 said:

My first 6 digits are WAC181805. I had a biometrics appointment on Tuesday (5/21) after receiving the biometrics waiver letter back in February. It's has been 3 weeks since my biometrics appointment and I still haven't get any update from USCIS yet. Does anyone experience the same or longer wait time. Thank you. 

Similar situation here. I'm WAC181925, biometric waiver February. Biometrics appointment 5/20. No updates since then.

Checked out couple of timelines here, I see it differs between 15-25 days. Check your mail this week see if you get any updates..

Nothing I say should in any way be construed as a breach of VJ TOS. http://www.visajourn...m/content/terms

All my comments regarding any visa's or routes to obtaining one are subject to their individual terms and conditions, the full extent of which can not possibly be fully detailed in any reply on a forum such as this.

In particular but not limited to condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

If you read it that way please re read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote. Or what somebody could misconstrue that I wrote.

YAY!! How exciting I got an email form USCIS this morning.

Open it and

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Gizzmondo said:

Open it and

LOL that might mean they are ACTUALLY REVIEWING IT!!!! - but your message is hilarious lol. I think working with USCIS (oh wait - waiting for THEM TO WORK) - has improved my sense of humor for suuureeee LOL.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Gizzmondo said:

Open it and

I received the same email yesterday. Some more disappointing emails and disappointing weeks. Well!!

I wonder whos decision its is / was to transfer cases from Vermont to Texas, (and how many), only for those that are transferred to then be pilled up in a dark corner, all the while the original ones that remained at VSC are seeing the light of day together with May and June filers.   Makes absolutely no sense

5 hours ago, Peter123456 said:

My first 6 digits are WAC181805. I had a biometrics appointment on Tuesday (5/21) after receiving the biometrics waiver letter back in February. It's has been 3 weeks since my biometrics appointment and I still haven't get any update from USCIS yet. Does anyone experience the same or longer wait time. Thank you. 

My receipt# is WAC181805**** applied on 04/16/2018 and have only received biometrics waiver notice on 02/27/2019. I have not received a revised biometrics appointment since then.

However, I became eligible to file for N-400 earlier this year and I have filed my petition. Wonder what's going on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.