ausmad

Is My Application Too Small?

10 posts in this topic

We're about to file our I-751 and I have what I thought was a lot of stuff put together to mail off and reading this forum about binder clips and boxes I'm worrying I haven't got nearly enough! I have included our cover letter here (pertinent info removed) to see what y'all think and if we can add any more (and no, we don't have any joint bank accounts because it was something that we completely lapsed on聽馃槕)

May 7th 2019

I-751 Joint Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

Name USCIS #1234

US Citizen Spouse: 聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Husband聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 SSN: 聽聽聽1234

Conditional Resident Spouse: 聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Wife聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 SSN:聽聽聽 1234

Please find attached Form I-751 and materials to support removal of conditions on residence for Wife. USCIS granted Wife conditional residence on August 31st 2017.

The materials enclosed show a merging of personal and financial lives since marriage - March 10th 2017

Contents of Packet Include:

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Personal Check Payment in the amount of $680.00 for I-751 Petition & Biometrics Fee

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 G-1145 e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Form I-751

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Copies of Front & Back of wife鈥檚 Permanent Resident Card

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage including the following:

o聽聽 Copy of Marriage License from the State of Missouri

o聽聽 Copy of Home Deed showing Shared Property Ownership

o聽聽 Copy of Mortgage Interest Statement 1098

Explanation letter of wife鈥檚 name not on Mortgage Statement

o聽聽 Copy of shared Homeowners Insurance

o聽聽 Copies of Joint Car Insurance

o聽聽 Copies of 2018 Tax Documents

Personal Property Tax Receipt showing shared Personal Property Taxes

Husband 1st W2

Husband 2nd W2

Husband 3rd W2

Husband 1099-G

Husband 1095-B showing wife as a covered individual

Wife W2

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Copy of Vehicle Title for showing wifer as Husband鈥檚 TOD

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Copy of Wife鈥檚 NSW Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages certificate showing official change of name in Australia

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Copy of Board of Zoning Adjustment Application for construction at shared residence with shared applicant names

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Copy of husband & wife health insurance cards showing shared insurance coverage

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Copy of husband & wife drivers license showing shared address

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Copy of current Veterinary Records showing husband and wife shared pet ownership

聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Copies of Utilities Invoices addressed to husband and wife for shared home address

5/8/2016: Entered US on J-1 Visa

3/10/2017 : 鈾 Married! 鈾 St Louis, MO

3/29/2017 :聽AOS,聽EAD, AP mailed to Chicago, IL聽

4/11/2017 :聽AOS,聽EAD, AP delivered to聽Chicago, IL

5/3/2017 : Received RFIE letter, further evidence needed (dumb me forgot to put copy of W2's in...)

5/4/2017 : Biometrics Appointment completed in 10 mins

5/7/2017 : RFIE Response sent with copy of petitioners W2's

5/10/2017 : Status for聽AOS聽updated, RFIE response received

7/4/2017 : Notification EAD card in production

7/6/2017 : Notification: EAD card mailed聽

7/14/2017 : EAD card received

7/20/2017 : Interview scheduled for 8/31

8/31/2017 :聽AOS Interview:聽Saint Louis, MO

8/31/2017 : Received notification of approval (20 mins after interview!) & Card in production

9/5/2017 : AOS changed status to card mailed

9/7/2017 :聽Green card received!

5/6/2019聽: Received I-797C Notice of Action聽letter - time to file I-751!

I have also included our 2018 Federal & State Tax Returns I just forgot to put them on the cover letter

5/3/2017 : Received RFIE letter, further evidence needed (dumb me forgot to put copy of W2's in...)

8/31/2017 : Received notification of approval (20 mins after interview!) & Card in production

I think it鈥檚 expected that there be some sort of shared banking or credit accounts with this petition. 聽

You can鈥檛 provide what you don鈥檛 have, so at this time, I would go open a joint account and both of you start using it right away. 聽

You can explain this plan in the cover letter, and then by the time an interview comes, you鈥檒l have 10+ months of shared financial documents to be added at that time.

To note: 聽I personally don鈥檛 see an issue with a husband and wife having separate accounts. 聽It鈥檚 2019, and that idea is archaic, but immigration doesn鈥檛 appear to take that view. 聽

Just now, Cryssiekins said:

To note: 聽I personally don鈥檛 see an issue with a husband and wife having separate accounts. 聽It鈥檚 2019, and that idea is archaic, but immigration doesn鈥檛 appear to take that view. 聽

Haha yeah and it was something we meant to do (purely for immigration) and then life happened聽馃樁聽will definitely go in this week and get one of us added to the other's account and a nice letter in there thanks!聽

Have you taken any trips together? Vacations together? Maybe you can find the itinerary sent to your email or any booking reservations in your credit statements?聽

If you find them - send it along with few photos of you together from that vacation.聽

Do you have any joint credit cards/store cards? With 1 spouse being an authorized user on the other spouse's account? If yes - make聽copies of both cards and send few months of credit card聽statements as well.

Good luck to both of you!

45 minutes ago, HeartNYC said:

Have you taken any trips together? Vacations together? Maybe you can find the itinerary sent to your email or any booking reservations in your credit statements?聽

If you find them - send it along with few photos of you together from that vacation.聽

Do you have any joint credit cards/store cards? With 1 spouse being an authorized user on the other spouse's account? If yes - make聽copies of both cards and send few months of credit card聽statements as well.

Good luck to both of you!

Vacations thankyou!聽
And I completely forgot about a credit card we only occasionally use but we're both on聽馃榿 better than nothing!聽

Posted (edited)

1) You can add life insurance beneficiary. It might take a few bucks added but it is totally doable. You can choose either term life insurance or permanent life insurance, but term life insurance would be definitely cheaper. Often time, it is 10-50$ per months, and you will gain strong evidence in financial comingling. I would recommend to do it at least until I 751 is completed and cancel the life insurance upon the approval. I think it is worth it albeit it depends on personal financial health. I have my work AD&D insurance (one that most employer automatically enroll for work-related death or disability) and personal life insurance, so I did include both.聽

2) If you have friends or family, just ask them to write statement that the relationship is genuine. To save the time, I did write affidavit for them based on my experience and interaction with them (things that I wished they would include in the affidavit to enhance my case聽albeit everything is truthful), and just emailed them to print, and sign on it with their driver license scanned all together (as a side note, this is how I was able to get the best recommendation letter to my graduate school, so it is not something I haven't done! "Professor XXX, I have completed recommendation letter, and please review it and feel free to edit it if things are not accurate, but please make sure you send it to the graduate school application. Thanks").

There are some formats that you can find.聽

It seems that affidavit is arguably considered less credible evidence, which would be true if it is just written essay that is not verifiable and just copied and pasted from online, but I do believe that with affidavit's originators' ID and signature as well as "Under the penalty of perjury" statement, it will really enhance the credibility as an evidence when IO is reviewing your case.聽

3) As a USC, if you write the 1-2 pages of essay describing how the relationship evolved from first to current and why you think your wife is an awesome person and you believe she is the ONE, that will also help a lot. USCIS generally tends to give credits to USC, rather than an immigrant, so your written testimony will boost a chance without RFE (of course your signature required!) This is something I noticed many I 751 filers forget to include.聽

Hope this helps!聽

Edited by xillini

I'd also suggest tax transcripts.聽 They are considerably better evidence than the returns themselves and then you don't need to send the W-2.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

May 18, 2016: Chicago Lockbox received package.

May 20, 2016: NOA1 Notice Date with priority date of May 18. Sent to Nebraska Service Center

May 23, 2016: NOA1 E-mail

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App

Nov 2, 2016: USCIS sent to NVC

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Nov 23, 2016: IV Fee Invoiced and paid

Nov 30, 2016: IV and AOS Packages Sent (EP)

Dec 4, 2016: DS-260 Submitted

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Dec 15, 2016: Found out interview date by phone

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Jan 30, 2017: POE Toronto Pearson Airport

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox

Nov 7, 2018: Apparent receipt date (SMS notification on 11/9)

Posted (edited)

Any individual retirement plans where the other spouse is listed the beneficiary?

Any wills, DPOAs, Living Wills drawn up listing each other as the beneficiary?

Be sure to include ALL months, since inception of the marriage, of any and all financial and bank statements. We got an RFE for only including the cumulative quarterly summaries. So we sent Everything!

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.