Chokchok

Indian Police clearance certificate for foreigners

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am a Korean national and I lived in India after age of 16 for almost 10 years. 

I am trying to get pcc from India but its very very difficult and I dont even remember the address i lived in, which is a requirement to get pcc from India as per the Indian embassy in Seoul. 

On USCIS site, it says Indian police certificates are not available for foreigne nationals applying outside India. 

Do I still have to get it to be safe??? 

Anyone with experience, please help and I will be grateful. 

Screenshot_20190427-152017_Samsung Internet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Similar happened to a Moroccan who worked in Saudi and could not get the PC from them as a non national

the case was retunred to the US for the AP process

DHS was in charge of getting the PC from Saudi

With no other issues,  it was reaffirmed after a year 

I am not sure how your embassy will handle this and i am not sure if immigration tells the embassy how to process 

I can't imagine if it takes a year that the embassy would want the case sitting there

I would advice anyone working or living in a foreign country to get a PC before leaving

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you look at the DOS document reciprocity site it says the same.  The embassy will waive this requirement due to its unavailability 

YMMV

• 4 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.