TYNS REYES

made a terrible mistake in submitting form to nvc

10 posts in this topic

hi guys! made a terrible mistakes in submitting form to nvc because instead of I-864 it became I-864a because in the beginning its very confusing for us which form should we use. now that we already send I-864 to nvc, then after 2 weeks they replied and they said my wife is not qualified as household member. then the nvc said use I-864 not I-864a and upload again under her step fathers name which we followed. her step father is our sponsor in (AOS). now its about 5 months and 2 weeks still nvc has no reply.

hope someone will give us advice regarding this matter. thnks..

:(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

5 months seems excessive to be waiting for a response from them. Have you tried calling them to ask why your new uploaded forms haven't been reviewed in all this time?

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, TYNS REYES said:

hi guys! made a terrible mistakes in submitting form to nvc because instead of I-864 it became I-864a because in the beginning its very confusing for us which form should we use. now that we already send I-864 to nvc, then after 2 weeks they replied and they said my wife is not qualified as household member. then the nvc said use I-864 not I-864a and upload again under her step fathers name which we followed. her step father is our sponsor in (AOS). now its about 5 months and 2 weeks still nvc has no reply.

hope someone will give us advice regarding this matter. thnks..

:(

So you resubmitted the forms 5 months ago and didn't get accepted or rejected this whole time? Did you click the submit button? Thats an extremely long time to go without being reviewed considering they normally review documents within 1-3 weeks.

22 minutes ago, sherydenise said:

So you resubmitted the forms 5 months ago and didn't get accepted or rejected this whole time? Did you click the submit button? Thats an extremely long time to go without being reviewed considering they normally review documents within 1-3 weeks.

hi sherydenise! yes i didnt get any replies from the nvc since november but i already submitted new forms to nvc instead of I-864a i change it to I-864 which NVC said. but the status of my new forms which i uploaded are still "SUBMITTED" :( what do you think the reason why they didnt review my new uploaded forms.

1 hour ago, Apple Bee said:

5 months seems excessive to be waiting for a response from them. Have you tried calling them to ask why your new uploaded forms haven't been reviewed in all this time?

hi applybee! yes its been 5 months already since i uploaded it to nvc. but still no replies and the status are still "SUBMITTED" and  i didnt tried to call them ask them why my new uploaded forms not been reviewed yet. im just check every single day the status of my forms for 5 months. :( but until now still no news.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 minutes ago, TYNS REYES said:

hi applybee! yes its been 5 months already since i uploaded it to nvc. but still no replies and the status are still "SUBMITTED" and  i didnt tried to call them ask them why my new uploaded forms not been reviewed yet. im just check every single day the status of my forms for 5 months. :( but until now still no news.

You should definitely call. The NVC is moving a lot faster these days. I've been seeing many people get their documents reviewed within two weeks. Mine were reviewed and accepted after 10 days. You need to call. For all you know, your case could've fell under their radar somehow. Give them a little nudge. It's as simple as someone checking into your CEAC and seeing the newly submitted documents and accepting them. It should not be taking them 5 months.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

You should call them - I am not sure if it only happened to me but it only took 2-3 business days after I called (well, technically I yelled at they for rejecting my 1040 + W2 and asked for Transcript instead while the description said "Income Tax Return OR Transcript", they finally accepted my 1040 + W2).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ah yes, NVC, the "No Visa Center!"  The big black hole in this process that can be so frustrating.  It should be fast because they are basically just checking and processing digital documents--not making any decisions about your case.  Call until you get a person and explain your situation.  Every time I called, even though it took a very long time to finally speak to someone, they were very helpful. Good luck!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
10 hours ago, TYNS REYES said:

hi sherydenise! yes i didnt get any replies from the nvc since november but i already submitted new forms to nvc instead of I-864a i change it to I-864 which NVC said. but the status of my new forms which i uploaded are still "SUBMITTED" :( what do you think the reason why they didnt review my new uploaded forms.

Definitely call them and don't give up until you talk to a human, the wait is often over half an hour but this needs sorting out. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, nguoivietnam2019 said:

You should call them - I am not sure if it only happened to me but it only took 2-3 business days after I called (well, technically I yelled at they for rejecting my 1040 + W2 and asked for Transcript instead while the description said "Income Tax Return OR Transcript", they finally accepted my 1040 + W2).

hi i send my w2 in iam still waiting on my transcript i am hoping they accept my w2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.