Shawn and Mercy

221G after Interview

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance and her son were interviewed in Manila today, and she received a 221G.  She had left a couple of documents in the hotel and it seems to have bitten us.

The 221G form has the following checked:

- Please submit all the documents listed below plus your passport at any 2GO drop off branch...

- Birth certificate (LCR) - direct submit - "for child" handwritten besides

- Marriage documentation - Certificate of No Marriage on record - "direct submit" handwritten besides

- Other - "baptismal certificate for child" handwritten 

I'm a little flustered at the moment and am under the impression that this is not an outright denial but just a request for needed documents.

CEAC status lists "Administrative Processing"

I have seen similar threads in the Philippines section that leads me to believe this is just a temporary delay.  Is that a correct assumption?

Can someone give us some guidance on the timeline going forward.  I know this introduces a delay - and since she actually has these documents on hand will deliver them to 2GO ASAP (and get the CENOMAR issued directly to the embassy.)

Does she have to reinterview?  How much of a delay are we looking at?

She is scheduled for CFO in 2 days...

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Shawn and Mercy

Just a delay. CFO is okay to do even without visa. She will not have a 2nd interview unless they request it. They will just review the submitted documents and then either ask for more documentation or deny or approve the application based on their evidence. 

Follow the directions given to you and submit via 2 go exactly how they want it. There is a form you get off the 2go site you have to print out and use, including sending the 221g paper back. Make a copy of the 221g for your own records.

Edited by coa24

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Shawn and Mercy said:

Hello,

My fiance and her son were interviewed in Manila today, and she received a 221G.  She had left a couple of documents in the hotel and it seems to have bitten us.

The 221G form has the following checked:

- Please submit all the documents listed below plus your passport at any 2GO drop off branch...

- Birth certificate (LCR) - direct submit - "for child" handwritten besides

- Marriage documentation - Certificate of No Marriage on record - "direct submit" handwritten besides

- Other - "baptismal certificate for child" handwritten 

I'm a little flustered at the moment and am under the impression that this is not an outright denial but just a request for needed documents.

CEAC status lists "Administrative Processing"

I have seen similar threads in the Philippines section that leads me to believe this is just a temporary delay.  Is that a correct assumption?

Can someone give us some guidance on the timeline going forward.  I know this introduces a delay - and since she actually has these documents on hand will deliver them to 2GO ASAP (and get the CENOMAR issued directly to the embassy.)

Does she have to reinterview?  How much of a delay are we looking at?

She is scheduled for CFO in 2 days...

Thank you in advance.

AP is standard.  Deliver the documents and the CO will complete their review of her application 

No one  can tell you exactly how long it will take. 

A second interview is not likely if the documents are provided 

Timeline

Thank for the replies.

I was able to talk to my fiance and get more details...

The only document that she did not have to present to them was the child's baptismal certificate.  She didn't think that was required so it was left at the hotel.

Her CENOMAR dated from Dec 2018, and they want a newer version, as well as another version of his birth certificate directly from PSA, although the version presented was from PSA...

Her interview sounds like it was brief.  She was asked several detailed questions about my previous marriages, and basic questions about when we met and how many times I had visited (4) and what I did for a living.  They did not ask for pictures or any of the other supporting evidence that we had for our engagement...

We will jump through these hoops and hope for the best...

Edited by Shawn and Mercy

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shawn and Mercy said:

Thank for the replies.

I was able to talk to my fiance and get more details...

The only document that she did not have to present to them was the child's baptismal certificate.  She didn't think that was required so it was left at the hotel.

Her CENOMAR dated from Dec 2018, and they want a newer version, as well as another version of his birth certificate directly from PSA, although the version presented was from PSA...

Her interview sounds like it was brief.  She was asked several detailed questions about my previous marriages, and basic questions about when we met and how many times I had visited (4) and what I did for a living.  They did not ask for pictures or any of the other supporting evidence that we had for our engagement...

We will jump through these hoops and hope for the best...

Very common for the embassy to request new PSA documents if the ones presented are over 6 months old.      And yes I am aware that most documents state they are valid for one year, still the embassy has a long history of not wanting any documents older than 6 mos.

Give the embassy what they requested in the 221g letter.  Make copies of the 221g letter, return the original letter (it should state this in the 221g) with the requested documents.

While at it, get a few extra copies of the birth certificate for both to bring to the USA as you will need one from time to time.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 5/7/2019 at 4:27 AM, Hank_ said:

Very common for the embassy to request new PSA documents if the ones presented are over 6 months old.      And yes I am aware that most documents state they are valid for one year, still the embassy has a long history of not wanting any documents older than 6 mos.

Give the embassy what they requested in the 221g letter.  Make copies of the 221g letter, return the original letter (it should state this in the 221g) with the requested documents.

While at it, get a few extra copies of the birth certificate for both to bring to the USA as you will need one from time to time.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

So she was able to get everything they wanted as of this morning.  There'll be some lead time with 2go and PSA delivery/pickup, I'm sure.

Hank, do you have any input on the timeline going forward with this, assuming that it's only just the document issues at play?

Thanks in advance, your guides have been very helpful to us in this process.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Shawn and Mercy said:

So she was able to get everything they wanted as of this morning.  There'll be some lead time with 2go and PSA delivery/pickup, I'm sure.

Hank, do you have any input on the timeline going forward with this, assuming that it's only just the document issues at play?

Thanks in advance, your guides have been very helpful to us in this process.

If you read the embassy website, they state missing documents can add weeks to the process.   Normally what I see is maybe 2 additional weeks once they receive the documents.   

Just a little more patience ..

Glad the guide helps.  :) 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So I was able to (finally) get something back from the CEAC page, and both K1 and K2 have gone from Immigrant to NonImmigrant - one is in Administrative Processing and the other is in Application Received.  I take it from reading other threads that this is a good sign.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I was able to (finally) get something back from the CEAC page, and both K1 and K2 have gone from Immigrant to NonImmigrant - one is in Administrative Processing and the other is in Application Received.  I take it from reading other threads that this is a good sign.

Yes, a good sign

YMMV

Timeline

Yup .. absolutely!  :thumbs:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Is the baptismal certificate required?  I don't recall ever seeing that on the list.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Is the baptismal certificate required?  I don't recall ever seeing that on the list.

Nope, not required.    PSA BC  .. as you already know.  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Nope, not required.    PSA BC  .. as you already know.  ;)  

Indeed I do!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Shawn and Mercy said:

We weren't expecting it, but they requested it on our 221G.  Luckily my fiance had a copy handy.

That is very unusual for sure.   But that request wouldn't show up until the embassy issues a 221G .. 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.