Rrrr

Please help with the right order of the next steps [merged threads]

49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 5/3/2019 at 7:16 AM, Kristina0394 said:

4) If we cannot schedule the interview due to lack of the dates, and petition expires, do they extend it automatically? Hoping for your answers and thank you so much for your help.

Petition can be extended 3 times max. To do that you should write a message in the feedback section in your profile on traveldocs and attach the copy of NOA-2. Please note, that sometimes due to overall workload at the Embassy they might take two weeks to respond so you should ask for extension in advance, 2-3 weeks prior expiry date.

Timeline
On 5/7/2019 at 4:38 AM, Kristina0394 said:

Please help. Our Case status has changed to Ready at the consulate in Moscow, Russia, but we have not received any Packet 3 yet. Can you please tell how long did it take for you? and what can be done about it? Is it possible to appoint the interview without waiting for it?

For some cases Packet 3 never arrives, you do not need to wait for it to go ahead with the embassy related procedures: 1) pay visa fee 2) register your profile on travels docs (in case you have it already - you should use the existing one) 3) wait for the calendar to open up

My personal advice would be to do medical too, while you are waiting for the interview dates. It happened a few times in the end of March and April that the dates opened up literally for the following days, so whoever was able to grab it, got really lucky. Although you can have the interview before the medical, I wouldn't recommend it coz it slows down the visa issue process. One thing to keep in mind - the visa will be issued from the date of the medical for 6 months, but usually, even if you do your medical 1 month before the interview, it gives more than enough time to wrap up everything and travel.

Edited by Helena_Siberia

Timeline
1 hour ago, Helena_Siberia said:

For some cases Packet 3 never arrives, you do not need to wait for it to go ahead with the embassy related procedures: 1) pay visa fee 2) register your profile on travels docs (in case you have it already - you should use the existing one) 3) wait for the calendar to open up

But I heard that I should scan specific documents and send them to the embassy scanned version before the interview. Is it true?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 5/8/2019 at 8:27 PM, Helena_Siberia said:

My personal advice would be to do medical too, while you are waiting for the interview dates. It happened a few times in the end of March and April that the dates opened up literally for the following days, so whoever was able to grab it, got really lucky. 

Hello, I'm a little confused about how you sign up for the interview dates at the American Consulate in Moscow. Can you see the dates that are open? Because just recently, 2 days ago, we signed up for an interview on the U.S. Visa Moscow website and we got a message to wait for an email to be sent regarding the appointment date and time. I thought we could see a calendar and see what dates are open and closed. Can you please let me know how the interview system works? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, margaritavictoria said:

Hello, I'm a little confused about how you sign up for the interview dates at the American Consulate in Moscow. Can you see the dates that are open? Because just recently, 2 days ago, we signed up for an interview on the U.S. Visa Moscow website and we got a message to wait for an email to be sent regarding the appointment date and time. I thought we could see a calendar and see what dates are open and closed. Can you please let me know how the interview system works? 

You need to pay fees first

Timeline
6 hours ago, margaritavictoria said:

we signed up for an interview on the U.S. Visa Moscow website and we got a message to wait for an email to be sent regarding the appointment date and time. I thought we could see a calendar and see what dates are open and closed. Can you please let me know how the interview system works? 

maybe you mean packet 3 that embassy is supposed to send to everybody by email? Our case shows ready for a week but yet no packet 3 yet. I do not understand when it is the time to schedule that interview because nobody explains anything.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Kristina0394 said:

You need to pay fees first

We paid the fee already. I think our problem is that our packet hasn't arrived at the Consulate in Moscow - therefore we're getting a message that they'll email us.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Kristina0394 said:

maybe you mean packet 3 that embassy is supposed to send to everybody by email? Our case shows ready for a week but yet no packet 3 yet. I do not understand when it is the time to schedule that interview because nobody explains anything.

We got our DS-160 and Interview fees submitted just the other day even thought the Embassy in Moscow hasn't received our documents; it's still at the NVC office but should be leaving any day now. We thought we could speed up the registration for the interview, but it looks like we must wait until the Embassy in Moscow receives our  NVC packet.

Timeline
5 hours ago, margaritavictoria said:

We got our DS-160 and Interview fees submitted just the other day even thought the Embassy in Moscow hasn't received our documents; it's still at the NVC office but should be leaving any day now. We thought we could speed up the registration for the interview, but it looks like we must wait until the Embassy in Moscow receives our  NVC packet.

You know something about Packet 3? Is it necessary to wait for it before appointing the interview? What do you think?

Timeline
On 5/9/2019 at 12:35 AM, Kristina0394 said:

But I heard that I should scan specific documents and send them to the embassy scanned version before the interview. Is it true?

Prior to the interview you should email the Embassy your passport scan (1st page), birth certificate, divorce certificates (if you have any), police certificate from every country you lived in for more than 6 months over the age of 18.

Timeline
On 5/10/2019 at 6:17 PM, margaritavictoria said:

After you submit the request for the calendar to open up on travel docs it usually takes from 2 to 14 work days for it to be processed by the Embassy. Once it's done you will receive an email from the Embassy and you will be able to see the calendar with the dates or the message saying that at this point of time there are no dates available. Please note that the Embassy will resume work after holidays on Monday, May 13th

Timeline
6 hours ago, margaritavictoria said:

NVC sends cases twice a month, so once you have "ready" and "in transit" status you can start tracking via DHL. It's not possible to check exact cases that have been handed over, it's always a bit of "guesstimation". 

We've got a WhatsApp group with girls waiting, it's always helpful to see how other cases are moving along. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kristina0394 said:

You know something about Packet 3? Is it necessary to wait for it before appointing the interview? What do you think?

Well, I heard that some people never even get the Packet 3. But, if you know your NVC packet has arrived at the Embassy already, I would say you can go ahead and submit the DS-160, pay the interview fee and then even try to book the actual interview (and do the medical a few days or couple of week in advance). I don't think it's necessary to wait for Packet 3 to start doing all of this stuff... you can get a head start.

Timeline
1 hour ago, margaritavictoria said:

Well, I heard that some people never even get the Packet 3. But, if you know your NVC packet has arrived at the Embassy already, I would say you can go ahead and submit the DS-160, pay the interview fee and then even try to book the actual interview (and do the medical a few days or couple of week in advance). I don't think it's necessary to wait for Packet 3 to start doing all of this stuff... you can get a head start.

What I heard is that the embassy wants every document scanned and emailed to them before going to the interview. Have you heard of that?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kristina0394 said:

What I heard is that the embassy wants every document scanned and emailed to them before going to the interview. Have you heard of that?

I think the beneficiary needs to bring all the scanned and/or original documents with them on the interview date (like the original i-129 form, i-134 (affidavit of support), birth certificate or divorce certificate, more evidence of your ongoing relationship, DS-160 confirmation page, police report(s), etc. But, I never heard that the Embassy wants everything before hand. Each Embassy is different though and I don’t know specifically what the one in Moscow requires. I think each Embassy at least needs your Medical  report and interview fee? But maybe they’ll need more??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.