NilsaNAnil

Any visa approvals?

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone that has been on Administrative Processing been approved yet? And if so, how long were you on AP for?

My husband has been on AP for 10 months 😩 (Afghanistan) I can really use some good news.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, don't mean to be the bearer of the news but.... AP is open ended... can be 2-3 days, 2-3 week, 2-3 months, even 1-2+ years.. couple posters on here recently had hit 18+ months in AP.  There is no expedite or bypass of it, its simply the embassy trying to confirm and verify information, which in a lot of countries, is hard to do, hence the long AP times. You can contact your congress person, but they can't make the embassy do anything, only 'nudge' them.... you can do a "writ a mandamus" but usually in lengthy AP's, those just make the embassy deny the visa as far as I am aware.... so.. it's a tough spot you're in. 

Side note: as an Army vet, i've been to Afghanistan, and minus the wait for the visa, obviously you're worried about other things too. Hang in there.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

17 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

Well, don't mean to be the bearer of the news but.... AP is open ended... can be 2-3 days, 2-3 week, 2-3 months, even 1-2+ years.. couple posters on here recently had hit 18+ months in AP.  There is no expedite or bypass of it, its simply the embassy trying to confirm and verify information, which in a lot of countries, is hard to do, hence the long AP times. You can contact your congress person, but they can't make the embassy do anything, only 'nudge' them.... you can do a "writ a mandamus" but usually in lengthy AP's, those just make the embassy deny the visa as far as I am aware.... so.. it's a tough spot you're in. 

Side note: as an Army vet, i've been to Afghanistan, and minus the wait for the visa, obviously you're worried about other things too. Hang in there.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I’m aware of how AP can be. And how little help I can get to give the Embassy a nudge... but sometimes I feel like I must do something. Sitting and waiting is not good. So I did contact my local senator just to feel like I’m doing something... I won’t go the Writ a Mandamus route because #1 lawyer is charging an arm and a leg $3500.00 to do it and #2 there’s no guarantee 

youre right i do worry endless for my husbands well being everyday. Just with the recent bombing he was in the bank , in the building beside where the bombing occurred just half hour before it happened. It’s the 3rd close call he’s had in the 2 year of our marriage. 

I just want to hear good news from other people that have been in my shoes and have had their visa granted 😊

The Embassy kept my husband’s visa during the Interview... if we want to meet again, since this whole AP is taking so long... Will he requesting his passport back from the embassy in order to travel stop the process? 

19 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

The Embassy kept my husband’s visa during the Interview... if we want to meet again, since this whole AP is taking so long... Will he requesting his passport back from the embassy in order to travel stop the process? 

It may add to AP, because if he leaves the country they will have additional background checks to do related to that travel.

2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

It may add to AP, because if he leaves the country they will have additional background checks to do related to that travel.

Thanks for the reply 

i guess we just continue waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

We took the passport back, and the consular said we wouldn't have to fill out additional forms if we travel while in AP.  They also said that after the interview you are not required to turn in your passport and you can hold onto it until your visa is ready, but almost everyone in Afghanistan turns in their passport after the interview.  If you don't turn the passport in or take it back, it will delay the process when it comes time to place the visa in the passport because you will have to go back to the embassy and drop the passport.   A lot of people on this site were very negative when I asked about taking the passport back, but I had my friend who works at the Kabul embassy ask the deputy consular and they both said the same thing that the consular told us when we requested the passport back.

Let me know how it works out after your travel... I would love to travel in June to see my husband. But to be honest I’m afraid of the AP being more delayed

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
7 hours ago, Comanutd33 said:

Hey all! How many times did you travel to Kabul while engaged? It’s so hard to travel frequently due to security measures and im just paranoid it will impact our situation 

I traveled to Kabul one time since engaged.  I was going to travel there again in April  but was advised not to by my fiancé.  We meet outside of Afghanistan every four months instead.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Maddy R. said:

I traveled to Kabul one time since engaged.  I was going to travel there again in April  but was advised not to by my fiancé.  We meet outside of Afghanistan every four months instead.

Which country was he allowed to travel to?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Comanutd33 said:

Which country was he allowed to travel to?

Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Dubai, Viet Nam, Cambodia, Uzbekistan, and Seychelles are the places that we have traveled to over the past two years.

------

Since being in AP we went to Seychelles.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.