Mena & Mirette

K1 Visa - Bilingual Birth certificate from Egypt

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello, 

my Fiance got letter from EU embassy in Egypt, with all they documents they asked to send it to the embassy Prior the interview, 

they asked for a bilingual birth certificated. does anyone know where i can get a bilingual birth certificate from Egypt

Please send me instruction of how to get it. i've the separate English certificate and one Arabic certificate. 

Thanks,   

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Birth Certificates

Available

Fees: No fee for the first version that parents receive (green).  Computerized copy: 15 Egyptian Pounds (LE).  New English- Arabic translated certificate: 100 Egyptian Pounds (LE).

Document Name:  Birth Certificate

Issuing Authority: Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs / Ministry of Health and Population

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Birth Certificates are bilingual: Arabic-language section fades (left to right) from teal to orange to red to teal. The English-language section fades (left to right) from blue to purple to blue. The birth certificates contain an official eagle stamp in the top left corner.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: The issuing authority is listed at the bottom of the document, under the title, “Medical Office.”

Registration Criteria: Once the birth has been registered with the appropriate Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs office, the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs office registers the information with the Ministry of Interior Civil Status Organization (CSO) in Cairo.  Births must be registered within 14 days.

Procedure for Obtaining: Egyptian birth certificates may be obtained from the local Public Health Office of the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs with jurisdiction over the place the birth occurred.

Certified Copies Available: Egyptians can obtain multiple prints of an original birth certificate from local CSO offices. Each print cost 7 Egyptian Pounds (LE).

Alternate Documents:  There are no alternate documents.

Exceptions: None

Comments: Applicants must provide a copy of their Official bilingual Birth/Marriage/Death or Divorce     certificates from the Civil Status Organization headquarters. Certificates are usually issued within one week period.

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes! I am an Egyptian and I got this new BC .. he will need to go to Abbaseya in Cairo "this is the only place in Egypt to get the new BC" he will need his national ID and his mother's name in English like in her passport. It costs 150 EGP! 

Good luck in your interview!

Edited by Nody

Timeline
14 hours ago, Nody said:

Yes! I am an Egyptian and I got this new BC .. he will need to go to Abbaseya in Cairo "this is the only place in Egypt to get the new BC" he will need his national ID and his mother's name in English like in her passport. It costs 150 EGP! 

Thanks, That was really helpful!  

Timeline
21 hours ago, Nody said:

Hi Nody,

Can you give any more details on where to go to get the new BC in Cairo?  El-Abbaseya is what exactly?  Is this a new requirement, since the information that is on the state department webpage says "Procedure for Obtaining: Egyptian birth certificates may be obtained from the local Public Health Office of the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs with jurisdiction over the place the birth occurred."  To me that means you could get it locally.   I mean for a BC that is in both Arabic and English.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, virgie6810 said:

Hi Nody,

Can you give any more details on where to go to get the new BC in Cairo?  El-Abbaseya is what exactly?  Is this a new requirement, since the information that is on the state department webpage says "Procedure for Obtaining: Egyptian birth certificates may be obtained from the local Public Health Office of the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs with jurisdiction over the place the birth occurred."  To me that means you could get it locally.   I mean for a BC that is in both Arabic and English.

Al-Abbaseya is a very famous building to get any civil documents you need. The easiest way to go there is to take the subway to Al-Abbaseya. Go to this building then count 3 or 4 buildings you will find an orange building, tell them that you need the translation section, go to the 3rd floor. All you need is the national ID and the mother's name exactly as in her passport. It costs 150 EGP and you will get it. It's one document in Arabic and English..

The same for the new marriage certificate, but for the marriage certificate they need the Arabic marriage certificate, your names in English and your mothers names in English.

If you want to notarize them from the foreign affairs you should go to the main building there to the officer to sign and stamp onn the back then you can notarize them.. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Nody said:

Al-Abbaseya is a very famous building to get any civil documents you need. The easiest way to go there is to take the subway to Al-Abbaseya. Go to this building then count 3 or 4 buildings you will find an orange building, tell them that you need the translation section, go to the 3rd floor. All you need is the national ID and the mother's name exactly as in her passport. It costs 150 EGP and you will get it. It's one document in Arabic and English..

The same for the new marriage certificate, but for the marriage certificate they need the Arabic marriage certificate, your names in English and your mothers names in English.

If you want to notarize them from the foreign affairs you should go to the main building there to the officer to sign and stamp onn the back then you can notarize them.. 

Nody,

Thanks for the details and the directions--this is very helpful!

Virgie

Timeline
5 minutes ago, virgie6810 said:

Nody,

Thanks for the details and the directions--this is very helpful!

Virgie

You're welcome Virgie!

Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Progress Reports to MENA regional forum; topic is Egypt specific.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 4 months later...
On 4/21/2019 at 2:01 PM, Nody said:

So I am a born and raised American US citizen and my parents are full Egyptian American from 40 plus years and my wife lives in Egypt and I got to where the NVC didn’t approve my marriage certificate and my wife birth certificate. What are the steps that I need to take and do I need her go to the US embassy for any approval or stamps or notarization?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Anthony Ghattas said:

So I am a born and raised American US citizen and my parents are full Egyptian American from 40 plus years and my wife lives in Egypt and I got to where the NVC didn’t approve my marriage certificate and my wife birth certificate. What are the steps that I need to take and do I need her go to the US embassy for any approval or stamps or notarization?

Which marriage and birth certificates did the NVC reject ?

I uploaded the bilingual certificates and they were approved..

I got my marriage certificate notarized from the embassy but never used it cause the only accepted one is the bilingual.. 

If she lives in Cairo I can tell you how I got them..

10 minutes ago, Nody said:

Which marriage and birth certificates did the NVC reject ?

I uploaded the bilingual certificates and they were approved..

I got my marriage certificate notarized from the embassy but never used it cause the only accepted one is the bilingual.. 

If she lives in Cairo I can tell you how I got them..

Is it possible to call me my number is+1 (561) 876-1697 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
7 hours ago, Husam Attalla said:

Would you happen to know the name of the building? Is it the Ministry of Interior by any chance?

Yes it's the ministry of interior for civil affairs..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.