bandito

I-129F circumstances of meeting 54.

9 posts in this topic

For this section I wrote the following, however, I want to know if it is good enough or if I should attach a sheet and write more. The two things I think may need to be added are the second meeting we had in the US, and the fact that we started dating online before meeting. Do I need to include these details?

AFTER MEETING (partner name) ONLINE IN NOVEMBER 2017, WE MET IN PERSON FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE USA IN JULY 2018. I AM NOW VISITING (partner name) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. I ENTERED IN DECEMBER 2018 AND HAVE SPENT 5 MONTHS WITH HER.

Edited by bandito

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
22 minutes ago, bandito said:

For this section I wrote the following, however, I want to know if it is good enough or if I should attach a sheet and write more. The two things I think may need to be added are the second meeting we had in the US, and the fact that we started dating online before meeting. Do I need to include these details?

AFTER MEETING (partner name) ONLINE IN NOVEMBER 2017, WE MET IN PERSON FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE USA IN JULY 2018. I AM NOW VISITING (partner name) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. I ENTERED IN DECEMBER 2018 AND HAVE SPENT 5 MONTHS WITH HER.

I go along with payxibka.

The instructions say:

Item Numbers 53. - 54. Have you and your fiancé ancé(e) met in person during the two years immediately before filing this petition? Indicate whether you and your fiancé ancé(e) have seen each other in person during the two year period immediately before to filing your petition. Select “N/A” if the beneficiary is your spouse. 

If you respond “Yes” to Item Number 53., use Item Number 54. to describe the circumstances of your in-person meeting. Attach evidence to demonstrate that you were in each other's physical presence during the required two year period.  

WE MET IN PERSON FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE USA IN JULY 2018... when [name] visited me at my home in [city, state].

You have to meet the requirement of seeing each other face to face, not tell a love story.

11 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I go along with payxibka.

The instructions say:

Item Numbers 53. - 54. Have you and your fiancé ancé(e) met in person during the two years immediately before filing this petition? Indicate whether you and your fiancé ancé(e) have seen each other in person during the two year period immediately before to filing your petition. Select “N/A” if the beneficiary is your spouse. 

If you respond “Yes” to Item Number 53., use Item Number 54. to describe the circumstances of your in-person meeting. Attach evidence to demonstrate that you were in each other's physical presence during the required two year period.  

WE MET IN PERSON FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE USA IN JULY 2018... when [name] visited me at my home in [city, state].

You have to meet the requirement of seeing each other face to face, not tell a love story.

WE MET IN PERSON FOR THE FIRST TIME ON JULY 8TH 2018 WHEN (NAME) VISITED ME AT MY HOME IN (CITY STATE) USA. I AM NOW VISITING (NAME) AT HER HOME IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. I ENTERED IN DECEMBER 2018 AND HAVE SPENT 5 MONTHS WITH HER. 

Does this sound any better?

Edited by bandito

Timeline
17 minutes ago, bandito said:

WE MET IN PERSON FOR THE FIRST TIME ON JULY 8TH 2018 WHEN (NAME) VISITED ME AT MY HOME IN (CITY STATE) USA. I AM NOW VISITING (NAME) AT HER HOME IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. I ENTERED IN DECEMBER 2018 AND HAVE SPENT 5 MONTHS WITH HER. 

Does this sound any better?

Whatever pleases you. I look at the big picture in hindsight with much experience and realize for somebody from the UK, this is not as daunting as you imagine. The requirement is meet once in person. Staying five months does not enhance the fact and makes you sound unemployed. (You know you need an income for the affidavit of support?) But if you like it, go with it. It is short and fits the space.

I understand this is new and overwhelming. Do skip all the message logs/chats. Passport stamps, boarding passes, credit card or ATM transactions putting you in the UK or vice versa are proof of meeting. 

10 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Whatever pleases you. I look at the big picture in hindsight with much experience and realize for somebody from the UK, this is not as daunting as you imagine. The requirement is meet once in person. Staying five months does not enhance the fact and makes you sound unemployed. (You know you need an income for the affidavit of support?) But if you like it, go with it. It is short and fits the space.

I understand this is new and overwhelming. Do skip all the message logs/chats. Passport stamps, boarding passes, credit card or ATM transactions putting you in the UK or vice versa are proof of meeting. 

fair enough, but im actually unemployed and will be using a joint sponsor, so im not too concerned about looking unemployed when i am unemployed. thats just the truth. Thanks for your response, this was very useful to us!

Edited by bandito

This is just the petition. If you knew how much time USCIS has to process each one you’d keep it as brief as possible. 

All they are looking for is:

- proof you are a USC (copy of passport or birth certificate is enough, don’t need both, don’t need the family tree)

- proof you have met once (don’t need to show multiple meetings, there are no degrees of approval - it’s a yes or no situation. No bonus points for extended stays)

- proof any previous marriages ended lawfully (may not even apply to you)

- proof that you understand that the two of you must marry within 90 days (template letter of intent is enough). 

London is one of the easiest embassies to get through. I’ve just bought a house here - that was a million times more complex and involved far more paperwork than my entire IR-1 journey did. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
2 hours ago, bandito said:

fair enough, but im actually unemployed and will be using a joint sponsor, so im not too concerned about looking unemployed when i am unemployed. thats just the truth. Thanks for your response, this was very useful to us!

Being employed is not a petition requirement. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JFH said:

London is one of the easiest embassies to get through. I’ve just bought a house here - that was a million times more complex and involved far more paperwork than my entire IR-1 journey did. 

Amen! I'm a naturalised citizen now and I never submitted any application/evidence to immigration that wouldn't fit in one of these flat mailers. I read about people that send in a box full. What?!?

IMG_1721.JPG.4263bfc8a4723dff481ca920e11f4730.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.