AmyOlivia

London Embassy: The Interview

29 posts in this topic

Thank you everybody for your responses and insight! ❤️ I hope that my outlined experience here has helped people in their own journey, too.

My current course of action is to hand in my notice at work at my next shift this Tuesday, and because of my technical 0 hour contract (got to love restaurant work and waitressing!!), a week of notice is perfectly ample before taking my leave of that employment. I will also request a written, sealed reference from my employer in the same fell swoop!

Then, my last shift will be either Saturday or Sunday of this week and I will have a solid week or almost two weeks to get all of my affairs in order. My current projection based on the waiting times of others here is for everything to be back with me by the end of April, which means that my hopeful 7th May/ 8th May departure date remains on the table! Amazingly exciting.

In regards to tracking your case online using the facility provided on the Visa receipt paper (the same place where you book the appointment), my case status still claims that it's at the interview stage. Is this a delay in administration, or a cause for concern? I know that things will be moving a bit slower, what with the bank holiday eating into precious work days, but it was strange to see it on that status even after my appointment and approval.

12 hours ago, AmyOlivia said:

Thank you everybody for your responses and insight! ❤️ I hope that my outlined experience here has helped people in their own journey, too.

My current course of action is to hand in my notice at work at my next shift this Tuesday, and because of my technical 0 hour contract (got to love restaurant work and waitressing!!), a week of notice is perfectly ample before taking my leave of that employment. I will also request a written, sealed reference from my employer in the same fell swoop!

Then, my last shift will be either Saturday or Sunday of this week and I will have a solid week or almost two weeks to get all of my affairs in order. My current projection based on the waiting times of others here is for everything to be back with me by the end of April, which means that my hopeful 7th May/ 8th May departure date remains on the table! Amazingly exciting.

In regards to tracking your case online using the facility provided on the Visa receipt paper (the same place where you book the appointment), my case status still claims that it's at the interview stage. Is this a delay in administration, or a cause for concern? I know that things will be moving a bit slower, what with the bank holiday eating into precious work days, but it was strange to see it on that status even after my appointment and approval.

After your interview go back to using the CEAC website, the same one where you tracked your case using the LDN number :)

This will change between "Ready" "Administrative Process" and then (hopefully) swiftly on to "Issued". 

Initially when you tracked the case it'll be have "Immigrant" annotated at the top. Once this changes to "Non-immigrant" you're pretty close, obviously then it'll say "Issued" with the nonimmigrant notation at the top and that's when the cartwheeling commences. 

Very similar departure date as my own, everyone likes leaving in may! :)

Edited by LukeU

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

4 hours ago, LukeU said:

After your interview go back to using the CEAC website, the same one where you tracked your case using the LDN number :)

This will change between "Ready" "Administrative Process" and then (hopefully) swiftly on to "Issued". 

Initially when you tracked the case it'll be have "Immigrant" annotated at the top. Once this changes to "Non-immigrant" you're pretty close, obviously then it'll say "Issued" with the nonimmigrant notation at the top and that's when the cartwheeling commences. 

Very similar departure date as my own, everyone likes leaving in may! :)

I certainly will when CEAC decides to work for me!! The little piece of paper the interview gave to me has the website for where I booked the appointment, which is why I tried checking that one.

Hopefully CEAC fixes itself soon and I can track it all properly to keep an eye on the Visa's process.

Haha, I primarily want to head out ASAP, and May seems to be the safest time in regards to getting all documents back!!

Fantastic though, thank you for the insight!

24 minutes ago, AmyOlivia said:

I certainly will when CEAC decides to work for me!! The little piece of paper the interview gave to me has the website for where I booked the appointment, which is why I tried checking that one.

Hopefully CEAC fixes itself soon and I can track it all properly to keep an eye on the Visa's process.

Haha, I primarily want to head out ASAP, and May seems to be the safest time in regards to getting all documents back!!

Fantastic though, thank you for the insight!

The CEAC can take like 10-15 attempts, you'll time out a lot and I have no idea why. I very often had to walk away and calm myself down as it would just sit loading forever and a day. 

The pain only got worse as it said Issued and I got really excited and then it took so much time to find it again lol!! 

May is definitely a logical departure date all been well for sure 

Edited by LukeU

Summary:

Had my interview today got approved !! 

Only issue is they kept my ACRO (original) ?

Is this normal ? If so, no worries.

I do have a copy of it, should i send off for another one ? Or maybe i get it back with passport....? Do i even need it anymore ?

Its been a tiring day so dont really have the energy to trawl through the forum looking it up, so if anyone knows that would be fab!

6 hours ago, skjourney said:

Had my interview today got approved !! 

Only issue is they kept my ACRO (original) ?

Is this normal ? If so, no worries.

I do have a copy of it, should i send off for another one ? Or maybe i get it back with passport....? Do i even need it anymore ?

Its been a tiring day so dont really have the energy to trawl through the forum looking it up, so if anyone knows that would be fab!

It seems normal; they kept my ACRO, too. By all accounts, you should get it back in your packet of documents when they arrive with you!

And congratulations on the approval!

On 4/22/2019 at 6:05 PM, LukeU said:

The CEAC can take like 10-15 attempts, you'll time out a lot and I have no idea why. I very often had to walk away and calm myself down as it would just sit loading forever and a day. 

The pain only got worse as it said Issued and I got really excited and then it took so much time to find it again lol!! 

May is definitely a logical departure date all been well for sure 

CEAC finally decided to work for me today, just as I'm heading to bed, and it says that the status is Issued!!

Ahhhh, so exciting!

By all accounts, this means that the documents' arrival should be pretty darn soon, correct? I have the courier service to be delivered direct to my door and all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
57 minutes ago, AmyOlivia said:

CEAC finally decided to work for me today, just as I'm heading to bed, and it says that the status is Issued!!

Ahhhh, so exciting!

By all accounts, this means that the documents' arrival should be pretty darn soon, correct? I have the courier service to be delivered direct to my door and all.

You'll get an email when the visa gets turned over to the courier.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@AmyOlivia do you mind if i ask when your medical was? My fiancée wants to chance leaving 12 days between medical and interview but I’ve been telling her that the general recommendation from the forum is 14 days (2 full weeks).

7 hours ago, AmyOlivia said:

Ahhhh, so exciting!

Perfecto, you'll receive an email/text when the courier receives your documents :)  

Congratulations! :)

Summary:

5 hours ago, Kdunn said:

@AmyOlivia do you mind if i ask when your medical was? My fiancée wants to chance leaving 12 days between medical and interview but I’ve been telling her that the general recommendation from the forum is 14 days (2 full weeks).

My medical was the 30th of March, which the doctors' office praised as being a good space of time between the medical and my Visa interview (15th of April), so I'd recommend the 14 day sort of gap just to make sure. :) 

11 hours ago, VanillaCats said:

I rescheduled my interview so now it's tomorrow XD Ahhhh, nervous

Don't fret!! It's honestly not that bad at all ❤️ 

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Congrats Amy, so happy your interview went so well and your visa is already marked as issued, exciting times ahead, best of luck lass.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.