algeria2019

need filling i-130 form and sending cr1/package to USCIS

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, algeria2019 said:

hello guys , is there anyone can help me with starting cr1 visa process from beginning ( step by step and without making mistakes....etc),

https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

https://www.visajourney.com/content/nvc-case-status

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Before you send any of the above documents , make a copy of all for yourself 

best to send return receipt for your records also 

and next question you will ask "Do i need a lawyer?"

no,  unless there are special circumstances to overcome 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, algeria2019 said:

hello guys , is there anyone can help me with starting cr1 visa process from beginning ( step by step and without making mistakes....etc),

I haven't sent in my Cr-1 visa package yet, I'm still assembling and obtaining all the pieces but here's where I started:

Step 1, obtain your marriage certificate and make two photocopies...1 photocopy for yourself, 1 photocopy for NSCIS, and keep the original. (you should honestly make more copies that 2 because you never know when you will need more copies but 2 is a minimum). If your marriage certificate is in another language, make sure you have it translated. I used RushTranslate and paid about $60, because I paid for the version where I have a hardcopy as well as the downloadable copy. To me, it's worth it for the convenience and the time in which they translated my document (less than 24 hours). However, anyone can translate your document as long as they know the language. All they have to do is translate every word of the document and then add this: https://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary/certificate-translation

Step 2, decide whether or not you want to go about filling your petition yourself, with an agency or with a lawyer. Filing with a lawyer is only necessary if you have any legal matter that might be an issue (for example: has your spouse ever obtained a visa for the USA before but overstayed their visa?) in this case, you would probably better off filling with a lawyer. If you don't need have any legal issues, you can file by yourself, using this wonderful forum, Visa Journey. You can find pretty much everything and any question you could possibly have about the filling for your Cr1 visa. However, if hunting through tons of information and researching every bit of the cr1 process overwhelms you, use a visa agency. I personally am using Rapid Visa to file for my cr1 visa with my husband. They take all the fear and stress out of worrying about whether or not you will make a mistake. Of course they are humans too and they can make mistakes but it is a lot less likely to make mistake on your petition if you file with a professional who deal with these things on a daily basis. They have experience, and they are their for you any time you need to call and ask a question about your petition. I'm still early in the process but I have found them very helpful thus far. 

Step 3, answer all the questions on I-130 and I-130A form. If you use rapid visa, they have you fill out all this information online, which makes it easier in my opinion. However if you use VisaJourney to help you, just search through the forums, you will find anything you need to know about filling out your answers correctly on these forms. 

**Step 4, one of the most important steps. Gather all your evidence of a bona fide relationship with your spouse. This is where it takes some time to gather all your evidence. Be patient and don't rush this step, because this step will prove that your relationship with your spouse is real and not just entered into for immigration reasons. This is a list of things I have/am in the processing of getting for my husband and I:

• 2 sworn affidavits from family stating that our relationship is genuine and out of love (1 from my mom, 1 from my husband's brother). Some say these affidavits don't help, but they are on the list of recommended things to include in your bona fide evidence from NSCIS so just include them anyway if you don't have a lot of evidence. More will not hurt you.  
  • A letter from my work stating that my husband is listed as my beneficiary on my life insurance
  • The document proving my husband is my health care proxy. (I did mine on legal zoom for about $50)
  • A letter stating that my husband is an authorized user on my credit card
  • A photocopy of the forms stating that my husband is allowed to have access to my health information (HIPPA release form) and that my husband is my emergency contact at my doctor's office 
  • A letter stating why my husband and I can not have joint bank accounts at this time (my husband and I do not live together yet and we cannot open a joint bank account if he doesn't have a US social security number)
  • A copy of my bank summary showing that I nicknamed my account with my husband and my name together (This is secondary evidence but I explained in the letter above that since I was unable to open a joint bank account together, I nicknamed one of my savings accounts with my husband's and my name and I use this account to save money for the both of us when we live together)
  • Copies of Receipts from wedding rings/dresses
  • Copies of personal letters from me and my husband that we have sent to each other through out our relationship
  • Copies of my flight tickets to my husband
  • About 12 pictures of me and my husband together, some pictures of us with our families during our trips together

That's all the evidence I can gather at this time. Other examples would be copies of both you and your spouses IDs showing that you live at the same address, copy of birth certificate of your child if have had a child together, bank statements with you and spouses name on it, bank joint accounts. Most of these things are difficult to have if you're not living together. Don't worry though, it's normal. Just assemble what you do have and NEVER try to make up any evidence just for the sake of the visa. 

Step 5 Obtain all the other documents required to send along with your petition (passport sized pictures...2 of your spouse and 2 of you,  copy of your proof of US citizenship, your payment...either a check or money order, etc.) This complete list can be found on USCIS website or it can be found on this Visa Journey website as well. 

Step 6 Assemble your petition. Make sure you have everything, check over all your answers on the forms to ensure they are correct. I will be assembling my package with a 3-tab pressboard fastener folder from Staples, a two whole puncher that I will be whole punching the tops of all my papers  as it suggests on the USCIS website (https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips), zip lock bags for our passport pictures, paper clips for some papers from our bona fide evidence that need to stay together, some sticky notes to explain some papers, binder clips to attach the ziplock bags with our passport pictures as well as the check to the actual stack of papers. 

Good luck filling! This website is SO helpful and the community is wonderful. They are always here to help if you have questions. Just take your time and as much as we all want to, don't rush the process. Take all the time you need to ensure that you make no mistakes, this will save you time in the future, God willing! 

Edited by Kani2015

• 2 years later...
Filed: Other Timeline
On 4/16/2019 at 11:49 AM, Kani2015 said:

I haven't sent in my Cr-1 visa package yet, I'm still assembling and obtaining all the pieces but here's where I started:

Step 1, obtain your marriage certificate and make two photocopies...1 photocopy for yourself, 1 photocopy for NSCIS, and keep the original. (you should honestly make more copies that 2 because you never know when you will need more copies but 2 is a minimum). If your marriage certificate is in another language, make sure you have it translated. I used RushTranslate and paid about $60, because I paid for the version where I have a hardcopy as well as the downloadable copy. To me, it's worth it for the convenience and the time in which they translated my document (less than 24 hours). However, anyone can translate your document as long as they know the language. All they have to do is translate every word of the document and then add this: https://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary/certificate-translation

Step 2, decide whether or not you want to go about filling your petition yourself, with an agency or with a lawyer. Filing with a lawyer is only necessary if you have any legal matter that might be an issue (for example: has your spouse ever obtained a visa for the USA before but overstayed their visa?) in this case, you would probably better off filling with a lawyer. If you don't need have any legal issues, you can file by yourself, using this wonderful forum, Visa Journey. You can find pretty much everything and any question you could possibly have about the filling for your Cr1 visa. However, if hunting through tons of information and researching every bit of the cr1 process overwhelms you, use a visa agency. I personally am using Rapid Visa to file for my cr1 visa with my husband. They take all the fear and stress out of worrying about whether or not you will make a mistake. Of course they are humans too and they can make mistakes but it is a lot less likely to make mistake on your petition if you file with a professional who deal with these things on a daily basis. They have experience, and they are their for you any time you need to call and ask a question about your petition. I'm still early in the process but I have found them very helpful thus far. 

Step 3, answer all the questions on I-130 and I-130A form. If you use rapid visa, they have you fill out all this information online, which makes it easier in my opinion. However if you use VisaJourney to help you, just search through the forums, you will find anything you need to know about filling out your answers correctly on these forms. 

**Step 4, one of the most important steps. Gather all your evidence of a bona fide relationship with your spouse. This is where it takes some time to gather all your evidence. Be patient and don't rush this step, because this step will prove that your relationship with your spouse is real and not just entered into for immigration reasons. This is a list of things I have/am in the processing of getting for my husband and I:

• 2 sworn affidavits from family stating that our relationship is genuine and out of love (1 from my mom, 1 from my husband's brother). Some say these affidavits don't help, but they are on the list of recommended things to include in your bona fide evidence from NSCIS so just include them anyway if you don't have a lot of evidence. More will not hurt you.  
  • A letter from my work stating that my husband is listed as my beneficiary on my life insurance
  • The document proving my husband is my health care proxy. (I did mine on legal zoom for about $50)
  • A letter stating that my husband is an authorized user on my credit card
  • A photocopy of the forms stating that my husband is allowed to have access to my health information (HIPPA release form) and that my husband is my emergency contact at my doctor's office 
  • A letter stating why my husband and I can not have joint bank accounts at this time (my husband and I do not live together yet and we cannot open a joint bank account if he doesn't have a US social security number)
  • A copy of my bank summary showing that I nicknamed my account with my husband and my name together (This is secondary evidence but I explained in the letter above that since I was unable to open a joint bank account together, I nicknamed one of my savings accounts with my husband's and my name and I use this account to save money for the both of us when we live together)
  • Copies of Receipts from wedding rings/dresses
  • Copies of personal letters from me and my husband that we have sent to each other through out our relationship
  • Copies of my flight tickets to my husband
  • About 12 pictures of me and my husband together, some pictures of us with our families during our trips together

That's all the evidence I can gather at this time. Other examples would be copies of both you and your spouses IDs showing that you live at the same address, copy of birth certificate of your child if have had a child together, bank statements with you and spouses name on it, bank joint accounts. Most of these things are difficult to have if you're not living together. Don't worry though, it's normal. Just assemble what you do have and NEVER try to make up any evidence just for the sake of the visa. 

Step 5 Obtain all the other documents required to send along with your petition (passport sized pictures...2 of your spouse and 2 of you,  copy of your proof of US citizenship, your payment...either a check or money order, etc.) This complete list can be found on USCIS website or it can be found on this Visa Journey website as well. 

Step 6 Assemble your petition. Make sure you have everything, check over all your answers on the forms to ensure they are correct. I will be assembling my package with a 3-tab pressboard fastener folder from Staples, a two whole puncher that I will be whole punching the tops of all my papers  as it suggests on the USCIS website (https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips), zip lock bags for our passport pictures, paper clips for some papers from our bona fide evidence that need to stay together, some sticky notes to explain some papers, binder clips to attach the ziplock bags with our passport pictures as well as the check to the actual stack of papers. 

Good luck filling! This website is SO helpful and the community is wonderful. They are always here to help if you have questions. Just take your time and as much as we all want to, don't rush the process. Take all the time you need to ensure that you make no mistakes, this will save you time in the future, God willing! 

Does the affidavit have to be notarized 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Happy43 said:

Does the affidavit have to be notarized 

Yes, since it says “sworn”, it means it should be notarized. I’m going to be honest and say that I don’t think they did anything to help our case. But like I said, it can’t hurt and the more you can add to your petition, the better. Just make sure you have really good pieces of evidence like the above listed, and not only rely on the affidavits 

Filed: Other Timeline
6 hours ago, Kani2015 said:

Yes, since it says “sworn”, it means it should be notarized. I’m going to be honest and say that I don’t think they did anything to help our case. But like I said, it can’t hurt and the more you can add to your petition, the better. Just make sure you have really good pieces of evidence like the above listed, and not only rely on the affidavits 

Did you had a cover sheet and said like attach are documents my husband/wife is added to 

like how did you word it ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.