sabrina2011

Re-Interview Islamabad Embassy for Father in Law (iR-5)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

So my father in law had his Ir-5 interview, petitioned by my husband, last year Feb 2018. He was given DS-5535 a day after the interview. They told him he doesn't need to submit any additional documentation. Within the last year, we were not requested to provide any updated documentation. 

We contacted our senator for a case update when we reached the one year AP mark on Feb 2019.

In the last 2 weeks, CEAC showed multiple updates. Today we received an email that my father in law has been requested to appear for a re-interview on April 24, 2019 and to print this letter as an appointment letter. The letter does not state if he needs to bring any updated documentation.

So anyone have any input what this can mean?

Should we b e proactive and have him do another medical, updated documents? If so, which ones?

26 minutes ago, sabrina2011 said:

Hi Everyone, 

So my father in law had his Ir-5 interview, petitioned by my husband, last year Feb 2018. He was given DS-5535 a day after the interview. They told him he doesn't need to submit any additional documentation. Within the last year, we were not requested to provide any updated documentation. 

We contacted our senator for a case update when we reached the one year AP mark on Feb 2019.

In the last 2 weeks, CEAC showed multiple updates. Today we received an email that my father in law has been requested to appear for a re-interview on April 24, 2019 and to print this letter as an appointment letter. The letter does not state if he needs to bring any updated documentation.

So anyone have any input what this can mean?

Should we b e proactive and have him do another medical, updated documents? If so, which ones?

That's all that's needed. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

actually this should be good news 

hope he is well prepared with the new medical exam as the other has expired

if he has no notice to do one,,  you need to contact embassy for the letter to take to dr for the appointment

the time he travels to the US will be within 6 months of his new medical 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I hope its good news! It is just odd that they didnt request updated documents in the re-interview email. I saw some posts on here about marriage/fiance visa's getting asked for a second interview. I am yet to come across a genuine ir-5 re-interview. Based on that, people are advising us just to bring what they asked (only interview letter). But I think it doesn't hurt to be proactive and ask if they need us to bring any updated information. We are hoping the long road to ap is coming to an end!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.