GemmaBruce99

Knightsbridge (self harm) review

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just a quick update to those who may have a similar situation to myself. I was SO nervous!

Im still on medication for anxiety and have self harmed in the past.  I went with a letter from my doctor which wasn't super detailed but stated i was not a threat to myself or others.

All the staff were lovely, i felt very comfortable and at ease.  The doctor i seen was DR Stephen and again he made me feel very relaxed.  The examination is not invasive whatsoever.

He seemed happy with my letter and said he didn't think it would be a problem but he couldn't promise anything...im still quite anxious that i will get a phonecall from them.

Overall it was a good experience and much better than i had anticipated.  Hopefully all is okay with my results!

*~*~*country-specific topic moved to United Kingdom regional forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Glad to hear it went well :) i know how worried you was, i can totally relate.

Fingers crossed for you! 

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Timeline
Just now, Meisha&Jake said:

Glad to hear it went well :) i know how worried you was, i can totally relate.

Fingers crossed for you! 

Thankyou!! im still anxiously waiting for the phone to ring! 

But it deffo wasnt as bad as i thought!

1 minute ago, GemmaBruce99 said:

Thankyou!! im still anxiously waiting for the phone to ring! 

But it deffo wasnt as bad as i thought!

Its the not knowing until you experience the situation yourself, i was feeling the exact same as you!

If you do get a call & they need more information, dont panic, just get in contact with your doctor ASAP & fulfill the requested information, i hounded my doctor until they provided the extra info LOL

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Its the not knowing until you experience the situation yourself, i was feeling the exact same as you!

If you do get a call & they need more information, dont panic, just get in contact with your doctor ASAP & fulfill the requested information, i hounded my doctor until they provided the extra info LOL

Yeah keep telling myself its okay if they call, i would of expected the doctor to ask me there and then for more but i guess they dont make the final decision.  Im sure the receptionists in my doctors see me coming lol 

On 4/9/2019 at 10:46 AM, GemmaBruce99 said:

Just a quick update to those who may have a similar situation to myself. I was SO nervous!

Im still on medication for anxiety and have self harmed in the past.  I went with a letter from my doctor which wasn't super detailed but stated i was not a threat to myself or others.

All the staff were lovely, i felt very comfortable and at ease.  The doctor i seen was DR Stephen and again he made me feel very relaxed.  The examination is not invasive whatsoever.

He seemed happy with my letter and said he didn't think it would be a problem but he couldn't promise anything...im still quite anxious that i will get a phonecall from them.

Overall it was a good experience and much better than i had anticipated.  Hopefully all is okay with my results!

Thank you for posting this, there are quite often posts questioning this sort of thing and it'll help someone for sure. 

With regards to waiting for the phone to ring, I did the same for 2 weeks straight (they said they'd be in touch within 5 working days, I worried for 10...) and had nothing on my medical record as such. 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Timeline
Just now, LukeU said:

Thank you for posting this, there are quite often posts questioning this sort of thing and it'll help someone for sure. 

With regards to waiting for the phone to ring, I did the same for 2 weeks straight (they said they'd be in touch within 5 working days, I worried for 10...) and had nothing on my medical record as such. 

I think i was expecting to either walk away feeling some sort of relief if not with a letter for my doctor so im still very much on edge lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
25 minutes ago, GemmaBruce99 said:

I think i was expecting to either walk away feeling some sort of relief if not with a letter for my doctor so im still very much on edge lol

I think the wait is for a doctor to review your x-ray for TB. That was a technician who took it, but he can't diagnose. And mostly for the bloodwork to come back from the lab which might reveal disease. The doctor who examined you and accepted your GP letter fills out your medical report and makes the decision. Your x-ray has probably already been reviewed and they would have already called if you had TB, OR some mass, or pneumonia that kept them from getting a good read for TB.

Timeline

My fiancée received her medical summary back with a note from 2005 saying “violent behavior (active)”. It related back to when she was a teen and her mom took her to the doctor because she would act out. That’s not the case now as she’s grown out of her teenage aggression as it’s been 14 years and people grow up, but it seems to never have gotten closed by the doctors. I’m worried this is going to cause issues with medical and visa approval. We’re going to ask for a letter from the doctor as well to try to add some more context and try to remove the “active” piece of the summary. How long did it take you to get the additional letter you requested? 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Kdunn said:

My fiancée received her medical summary back with a note from 2005 saying “violent behavior (active)”. It related back to when she was a teen and her mom took her to the doctor because she would act out. That’s not the case now as she’s grown out of her teenage aggression as it’s been 14 years and people grow up, but it seems to never have gotten closed by the doctors. I’m worried this is going to cause issues with medical and visa approval. We’re going to ask for a letter from the doctor as well to try to add some more context and try to remove the “active” piece of the summary. How long did it take you to get the additional letter you requested? 

It took me a week for my first letter but it was so brief i requested another and this took another week. I was never charged for my lettters but i know some places do.

I would definitely recommend a letter outlining that this is no longer an active issue, the reason behind the diagnosis, if she has ever self harmed/ attempted suicide, had counselling, medication?

The more detail the better!

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.