26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi. I attended my interview at the US embassy in Ghana regarding my Fiancé Visa on March 14th and was approved and was asked to pick my passport from DHL in 2 weeks. I checked my status and it said ISSUED. It's been showing as ISSUED since March 28th 2019. Been going to the DHL office since March 28th but they said it's not with them. I called the embassy and they said when it's ready for pickup I'll be notified by email. They said it's a good sign once it's showing ISSUED, but I been wondering why it's still not been given to me.

After my interview on March 14th 2019, the ceac.state.gov website shows my case was created on March 19th 2019 and was last updated on March 26th 2019. So between the last update and today, I've still not heard anything. It's had me very worried and anxious and I dunno what to do. Has someone been through this long wait or experiencing something similar? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
40 minutes ago, GeorgeBrock said:

Hi. I attended my interview at the US embassy in Ghana regarding my Fiancé Visa on March 14th and was approved and was asked to pick my passport from DHL in 2 weeks. I checked my status and it said ISSUED. It's been showing as ISSUED since March 28th 2019. Been going to the DHL office since March 28th but they said it's not with them. I called the embassy and they said when it's ready for pickup I'll be notified by email. They said it's a good sign once it's showing ISSUED, but I been wondering why it's still not been given to me.

After my interview on March 14th 2019, the ceac.state.gov website shows my case was created on March 19th 2019 and was last updated on March 26th 2019. So between the last update and today, I've still not heard anything. It's had me very worried and anxious and I dunno what to do. Has someone been through this long wait or experiencing something similar? 

Have you tried to login on ustraveldocs to see if your passport is still at the embassy? Once issued they release the passport so I don't think it's normal that your visa has been issued and your passport is still at the embassy without any concrete reason.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

Have you tried to login on ustraveldocs to see if your passport is still at the embassy? Once issued they release the passport so I don't think it's normal that your visa has been issued and your passport is still at the embassy without any concrete reason.

Yes I have. I logged on to ustraveldocs.com and it just showed "Document Delivery Information:"

There was no information attached to it.

I also did the passport tracking on the ustraveldocs.com website using my passport number, and it said there's no status update available for the passport number submitted 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
29 minutes ago, GeorgeBrock said:

Yes I have. I logged on to ustraveldocs.com and it just showed "Document Delivery Information:"

There was no information attached to it.

I also did the passport tracking on the ustraveldocs.com website using my passport number, and it said there's no status update available for the passport number submitted 

This is strange, maybe you should keep calling the embassy you may be lucky to have someone who will be willing to help. Goodluck.

Edited by mniceguy16

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 4/9/2019 at 5:32 AM, GeorgeBrock said:

Question: how long did it take before you got the interview set up

Timeline
1 minute ago, GeorgeBrock said:

About a month after the case got to Ghana, they sent me an email to complete the date schedule 

Were there a lot of available dates for an interview or did you have to schedule for one that was weeks ahead? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gods love 80897 said:

Were there a lot of available dates for an interview or did you have to schedule for one that was weeks ahead? 

There was only one date available for scheduling. It was three weeks away

Timeline
11 minutes ago, GeorgeBrock said:

11 minutes ago, GeorgeBrock said:

On  CEAC website, case was created March 15, and last updated april 7, so is it a month away from March 15 or April 7? Concerning the interview date 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, GeorgeBrock said:

A month away from March 15

8 minutes ago, GeorgeBrock said:

A month away from March 15

Oh okay. So I should be expecting to hear from them soon 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, GeorgeBrock said:

Yeah, I hope so. The wait can be worrying, but you'll pull through

It showed as issued on ceac right?

Nope still shows as “Ready”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.