Jump to content
GeorgeBrock

My Passport Pickup

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi. I attended my interview at the US embassy in Ghana regarding my Fiancé Visa on March 14th and was approved and was asked to pick my passport from DHL in 2 weeks. I checked my status and it said ISSUED. It's been showing as ISSUED since March 28th 2019. Been going to the DHL office since March 28th but they said it's not with them. I called the embassy and they said when it's ready for pickup I'll be notified by email. They said it's a good sign once it's showing ISSUED, but I been wondering why it's still not been given to me.

After my interview on March 14th 2019, the ceac.state.gov website shows my case was created on March 19th 2019 and was last updated on March 26th 2019. So between the last update and today, I've still not heard anything. It's had me very worried and anxious and I dunno what to do. Has someone been through this long wait or experiencing something similar? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GeorgeBrock said:

Hi. I attended my interview at the US embassy in Ghana regarding my Fiancé Visa on March 14th and was approved and was asked to pick my passport from DHL in 2 weeks. I checked my status and it said ISSUED. It's been showing as ISSUED since March 28th 2019. Been going to the DHL office since March 28th but they said it's not with them. I called the embassy and they said when it's ready for pickup I'll be notified by email. They said it's a good sign once it's showing ISSUED, but I been wondering why it's still not been given to me.

After my interview on March 14th 2019, the ceac.state.gov website shows my case was created on March 19th 2019 and was last updated on March 26th 2019. So between the last update and today, I've still not heard anything. It's had me very worried and anxious and I dunno what to do. Has someone been through this long wait or experiencing something similar? 

Have you tried to login on ustraveldocs to see if your passport is still at the embassy? Once issued they release the passport so I don't think it's normal that your visa has been issued and your passport is still at the embassy without any concrete reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

Have you tried to login on ustraveldocs to see if your passport is still at the embassy? Once issued they release the passport so I don't think it's normal that your visa has been issued and your passport is still at the embassy without any concrete reason.

Yes I have. I logged on to ustraveldocs.com and it just showed "Document Delivery Information:"

There was no information attached to it.

I also did the passport tracking on the ustraveldocs.com website using my passport number, and it said there's no status update available for the passport number submitted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, GeorgeBrock said:

Yes I have. I logged on to ustraveldocs.com and it just showed "Document Delivery Information:"

There was no information attached to it.

I also did the passport tracking on the ustraveldocs.com website using my passport number, and it said there's no status update available for the passport number submitted 

This is strange, maybe you should keep calling the embassy you may be lucky to have someone who will be willing to help. Goodluck.

Edited by mniceguy16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 5:32 AM, GeorgeBrock said:

Hi. I attended my interview at the US embassy in Ghana regarding my Fiancé Visa on March 14th and was approved and was asked to pick my passport from DHL in 2 weeks. I checked my status and it said ISSUED. It's been showing as ISSUED since March 28th 2019. Been going to the DHL office since March 28th but they said it's not with them. I called the embassy and they said when it's ready for pickup I'll be notified by email. They said it's a good sign once it's showing ISSUED, but I been wondering why it's still not been given to me.

After my interview on March 14th 2019, the ceac.state.gov website shows my case was created on March 19th 2019 and was last updated on March 26th 2019. So between the last update and today, I've still not heard anything. It's had me very worried and anxious and I dunno what to do. Has someone been through this long wait or experiencing something similar? 

 

 

 

 

Question: how long did it take before you got the interview set up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeorgeBrock said:

About a month after the case got to Ghana, they sent me an email to complete the date schedule 

 

 

 

 

Were there a lot of available dates for an interview or did you have to schedule for one that was weeks ahead? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gods love 80897 said:

 

 

 

 

Were there a lot of available dates for an interview or did you have to schedule for one that was weeks ahead? 

There was only one date available for scheduling. It was three weeks away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GeorgeBrock said:

There was only one date available for scheduling. It was three weeks away

 

11 minutes ago, GeorgeBrock said:

There was only one date available for scheduling. It was three weeks away

 

 

 

On  CEAC website, case was created March 15, and last updated april 7, so is it a month away from March 15 or April 7? Concerning the interview date 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gods love 80897 said:

 

 

 

 

On  CEAC website, case was created March 15, and last updated april 7, so is it a month away from March 15 or April 7? Concerning the interview date 

A month away from March 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×