Jump to content
WilliamLXV

Documents needed for Form I-134 Affidavit of Support?

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone,

 

I filed my I-129f petition and I’d like to prepare my financial documents for the

I-134 affidavit of support. But I’m not sure what to submit with it. I’ve heard W2s, tax transcripts and pay stubs are some documents that are needed but I’ve never seen this on the USCIS website. All I see on the checklist are letters of employments, signed statements from a bank officer stating when an account was open etc.

 

What documents do I actually need to submit? And how would a joint sponsor submit employment letters if they are retired? Would they still be necessary?

 

I’d really love if I could get some help. Thank you everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WilliamLXV said:

Hey everyone,

 

I filed my I-129f petition and I’d like to prepare my financial documents for the

I-134 affidavit of support. But I’m not sure what to submit with it. I’ve heard W2s, tax transcripts and pay stubs are some documents that are needed but I’ve never seen this on the USCIS website. All I see on the checklist are letters of employments, signed statements from a bank officer stating when an account was open etc.

 

What documents do I actually need to submit? And how would a joint sponsor submit employment letters if they are retired? Would they still be necessary?

 

I’d really love if I could get some help. Thank you everyone!

First off, where are you in the I-129F process? Please fill out your timeline so people can assist you further.

 

Second, you do not submit the I-134 anywhere. Your fiance(e) physically brings it with them to the interview with supporting documents with paystubs, letter of employment, W2, etc.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

First off, where are you in the I-129F process? Please fill out your timeline so people can assist you further.

 

Second, you do not submit the I-134 anywhere. Your fiance(e) physically brings it with them to the interview with supporting documents with paystubs, letter of employment, W2, etc.

Sorry, didn't know how to create a timeline, but I just made one. I submitted the actual petition on the 03/29/2019. And it was received and signed for on April 1st. I haven't received the online notification that it was accepted though, I suppose it needs to be processed more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@WilliamLXV i think you better slow your roll a bit you have not even gotten your NOA1 yet. You have plenty of time to address the I-134, relax wait for your NOA1! head on over to the April 2019 I-129F thread

 

located here:    

 

Edited by Sarge2155

K1

I-129F Sent: 5/7/18

CSC Received: 5/8/18

NOA1: 5/11/18

NOA2: 3/6/19 (No RFE) (299 Days)

NVC Received: 3/20/19

Case Number Assigned: 3/26/19

NVC Left: 4/2/19

Consulate Received: 4/4/19



event.png

 

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


                                                             

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WilliamLXV said:

Sorry, didn't know how to create a timeline, but I just made one. I submitted the actual petition on the 03/29/2019. And it was received and signed for on April 1st. I haven't received the online notification that it was accepted though, I suppose it needs to be processed more.

Ah okay! Well congratulations on your engagement.

 

You're getting a bit ahead of yourself! I know you want to be prepared however it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soon to gather the I-134. They will need a more updated version by the time your interview rolls around. Once your petition reaches NVC (4-6 months from now), that is when you can start gathering documents for the I-134. For now, I wouldn't do anything but sit back and relax. 

 

As for your co-sponsor questions, they will need proof as well--bank assets, previous taxes, etc.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

Ah okay! Well congratulations on your engagement.

 

You're getting a bit ahead of yourself! I know you want to be prepared however it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soon to gather the I-134. They will need a more updated version by the time your interview rolls around. Once your petition reaches NVC (4-6 months from now), that is when you can start gathering documents for the I-134. For now, I wouldn't do anything but sit back and relax. 

 

As for your co-sponsor questions, they will need proof as well--bank assets, previous taxes, etc.

Oh, lol.

 

Okay, thank you! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

@WilliamLXV i think you better slow your roll a bit you have not even gotten your NOA1 yet. You have plenty of time to address the I-134, relax wait for your NOA1! head on over to the April 2019 I-129F thread

 

located here:    

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, WilliamLXV said:

Thanks!

Here is a bedtime story.

 

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form (https://www.uscis.gov/i-134) K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript Use this link to determine the income levels needed https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.
 

 


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 6:59 PM, Greenbaum said:

Here is a bedtime story.

 

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form (https://www.uscis.gov/i-134) K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript Use this link to determine the income levels needed https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.
 

 

Thank you! Very specific!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WilliamLXV said:

Thank you! Very specific!

I hope so that's the only way I roll. I'm not here to rain on anyone's parade and I'll give you links to my information when needed. Good luck.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×