araxoolie

Priority date could not be established

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We just got a "rejection notice" for our AOS, which was terrifying. The first problem was that we forgot to actually sign (ok, that is our mistake!) but they also said:

"Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to the address listed at the bottom of this notice."

Then there's a list of documents that may be provided, which include I-130, I-140, I-360 (none of which we have)

or an I-797 if one of those or an I-526 has already been filed or approved (they didn't mention k1 here)

But we filed a K-1, and submitted a copy of our I-797 for THAT in our package.

What are they asking for? 

50 minutes ago, araxoolie said:

We just got a "rejection notice" for our AOS, which was terrifying. The first problem was that we forgot to actually sign (ok, that is our mistake!) but they also said:

"Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to the address listed at the bottom of this notice."

Then there's a list of documents that may be provided, which include I-130, I-140, I-360 (none of which we have)

or an I-797 if one of those or an I-526 has already been filed or approved (they didn't mention k1 here)

But we filed a K-1, and submitted a copy of our I-797 for THAT in our package.

What are they asking for? 

What did you input into Page 4, Part 2, Question 3 & 4?

Timeline

We put the receipt number from our original I-129F, and left the priority date blank since I'd never heard of a priority date and it said (if any).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Priority date is "received" date on your NOA1 (Not notice date!). At least that is what is being used for 129F. I believe the way this is worded, they are saying since your document is not signed, they can't "receive it" and therefore THEY cannot establish priority date for it. 

5 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Priority date is "received" date on your NOA1 (Not notice date!). At least that is what is being used for 129F. I believe the way this is worded, they are saying since your document is not signed, they can't "receive it" and therefore THEY cannot establish priority date for it. 

I agree. OP, you should ask others what kind of letter others received who had their package refused.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Shiran said:

I'm a little confused by this. Are you saying I should put my I-129F NOA1 date in section 2 question 4, or that they are talking about the next NOA1 that would happen when they accept our AOS package (after it's properly signed)?

2 minutes ago, araxoolie said:

I'm a little confused by this. Are you saying I should put my I-129F NOA1 date in section 2 question 4, or that they are talking about the next NOA1 that would happen when they accept our AOS package (after it's properly signed)?

Original K1 I129F Noa1 Receipt number and receipt date. 

How could provide a new Noa1 receipt number and date for your AOS package being received on that form before you send it? You won't have that info....you need to send the I485 to get an Noa1...

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline

Right. That's why I was confused!

So, sign the thing, put the NOA1 date in that field, and that's what they need from us?

4 minutes ago, araxoolie said:

So, sign the thing, put the NOA1 date in that field, and that's what they need from us?

I cant be sure that 1) you filled everything out according to how you should have as a K1 which could have triggered them to respond the way they did and/but 2) I'm thinking on the same lines of the other commentor and to know for sure I would repost your question to ask others what THEIR letter stated when they had their applications refused from the get go just to be sure.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 minutes ago, araxoolie said:

In Part 2, Question 4 we put "Received date" from NOA1, form I-797C. You can do this too, but this is NOT what they are telling you.

What they are telling you I believe that since I-485 was not signed, THEY (USCIS) could not establish "priority date" for I-485. They will create one once you return it to them properly signed and money clears  from your cheque. 

Assuming you are submitting I-131 and I-765 as well, you should have 3 signatures by the petitioner and one signature by sponsor on I-864 (or possibly more if you have co-sponsors) 

I hope that clarifies. 

Edited by Shiran

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, araxoolie said:

YES, and include another copy of your 797

Edited by carmel34

We didn't put a priority date (since K1 doesn't have one by definition) on the I-485 either but signed everything and didnt have problems.

I agree with Shiran. They probably couldn't give you a date because of the missing signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.