Jump to content
Taygi

i-130 sent to chicago with belgian postal service

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

We sent our I-130 two weeks ago by Belgian mail. I checked the delivery status and I got the message that the address was incorrect and it's being shipped back. 

 

I sent it to:

USCIS
P.O. Box 804625
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

 

If this is not the correct address than what is the correct one...?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Taygi said:

Hi,

 

We sent our I-130 two weeks ago by Belgian mail. I checked the delivery status and I got the message that the address was incorrect and it's being shipped back. 

 

I sent it to:

USCIS
P.O. Box 804625
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

 

If this is not the correct address than what is the correct one...?

 

Thanks

what service did you use to send it? IE USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Taygi said:

No idea, I don't know what mail company Bpost goes to in the US. 

I would check on that here is what the instructions say if you are filing from outside of USA.

 

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS
P.O. Box 804625
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

 

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: I-130
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

 

* If you reside outside of the United States where USCIS has an international office, you may file at the USCIS Chicago Lockbox facility or at the USCIS international office in the country in which you reside. If you reside outside of the United States where USCIS does not have an international office, you may file at the U.S. Embassy or consulate having jurisdiction over the area where you live only if exceptional circumstances exist and the USCIS Field Office Director with jurisdiction over that location determines that the Embassy or consulate may accept and adjudicate the case. For a list of USCIS international offices and filing instructions please visit www.uscis.gov/international.

Edited by Khallaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

 

Thanks, that's where I got the original address from.

 

I was hoping a Belgian could tell me what address they used. I've contacted the Belgian mailing company to check which service they use, but their website and customer service for questions seems surprisingly unhelpful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Taygi said:

Thanks, that's where I got the original address from.

 

I was hoping a Belgian could tell me what address they used. I've contacted the Belgian mailing company to check which service they use, but their website and customer service for questions seems surprisingly unhelpful. 

there are a few members you can send messages to and ask that were out of the country of Belgium

@FrancoisKaren

@SimonMahieu

@cabak

@EandD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a national postal carrier, BPost would deliver to the national postal carrier in the US, ie. the USPS.  BPost is the designated Universal Postal Union member for Belgium, which predicates delivery through the US equivalent, ie. the United States Postal Service (USPS).

 

My guess is that somewhere they had an address coding error - does your tracking indicate that it traversed the Atlantic at all, or was it bounced locally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 8:24 PM, jkstark said:

As a national postal carrier, BPost would deliver to the national postal carrier in the US, ie. the USPS.  BPost is the designated Universal Postal Union member for Belgium, which predicates delivery through the US equivalent, ie. the United States Postal Service (USPS).

 

My guess is that somewhere they had an address coding error - does your tracking indicate that it traversed the Atlantic at all, or was it bounced locally?

Hey! Thanks for your response though I seemed to have missed it entirely :P

The Bpost tracking indicated it crossed the atlantic and was then sent back. However Bpost responded to my email saying it was delivered and eventually provided a USPS code to track. USPS confirmed it was delivered.

 

We received the NOA1 finally so everything ended well :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×