8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi guys, looking for some advice. My wife and I got married via a K-1 Visa and are now doing the Adjustment of Status. As I understand, "K-1 Visa holders are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination."

Please see attached, form DS-3025: Vaccination Document Worksheet, from my wife's medical exam in her country.

Several shots were NOT given to her because she is very allergic and the shots contained egg, which she's extremely allergic to. It could send her to the emergency room or kill her.

However, the doctor checked the box for "K Visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements." That confuses me.

My question is: If I send a copy of her DS-3025, will her Adjustment of Status be approved even though she didn't get all the shots because of her extreme allergies? After all, it does say "K Visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements." Or will they say that she needs to get the shots? In which case, we would need to find a civil surgeon for form I-693.

DS-3025 - Vaccination document worksheetB.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ninja Joe said:

Hi guys, looking for some advice. My wife and I got married via a K-1 Visa and are now doing the Adjustment of Status. As I understand, "K-1 Visa holders are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination."

Please see attached, form DS-3025: Vaccination Document Worksheet, from my wife's medical exam in her country.

Several shots were NOT given to her because she is very allergic and the shots contained egg, which she's extremely allergic to. It could send her to the emergency room or kill her.

However, the doctor checked the box for "K Visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements." That confuses me.

My question is: If I send a copy of her DS-3025, will her Adjustment of Status be approved even though she didn't get all the shots because of her extreme allergies? After all, it does say "K Visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements." Or will they say that she needs to get the shots? In which case, we would need to find a civil surgeon for form I-693.

DS-3025 - Vaccination document worksheetB.jpg

She received waivers for the vaccinations she could not get due to her allergies. You will not need any other shots nor a new medical or I693. She has completed the medical requirements at her overseas medical exam. Just submit a photo copy of the DS3025 with her I485 and bring your copy of it to the interview. They will pull your overseas medical exam that was submitted in your K1 sealed packet at your POE at your AOS interview and see you completed everything. 

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 3/31/2019 at 11:04 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

She received waivers for the vaccinations she could not get due to her allergies. You will not need any other shots nor a new medical or I693. She has completed the medical requirements at her overseas medical exam. Just submit a photo copy of the DS3025 with her I485 and bring your copy of it to the interview. They will pull your overseas medical exam that was submitted in your K1 sealed packet at your POE at your AOS interview and see you completed everything. 

I have a question please I have the same sheet but I don’t have the last thing checked the one that says k1 applicants voluntarily completed vaccination..etc !? Do I need to do another exam for my aos interview ?! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarah22 said:

I have a question please I have the same sheet but I don’t have the last thing checked the one that says k1 applicants voluntarily completed vaccination..etc !? Do I need to do another exam for my aos interview ?! 

Do you know why the doctor in your home country didn't mark it as completed. What did they select?

You are not required to redo the whole medical if you file for AOS within 1 year of the date of the foreign medical. You can only take the vaccines, and find a doctor to fill out only the vaccination part of the 693. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Do you know why the doctor in your home country didn't mark it as completed. What did they select?

You are not required to redo the whole medical if you file for AOS within 1 year of the date of the foreign medical. You can only take the vaccines, and find a doctor to fill out only the vaccination part of the 693. 

Thank you for responding, no he didn’t tell me why 

4 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Thank you for responding and no he didn’t tell me the reasons, but I can’t remember none of my friends got that marked down , 

this is my form , cuz I don’t know what vaccination I need to take or how !? 

49778B06-1FDB-4DDB-9502-D407BAB0A38E.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Sarah22 said:

Thank you for responding and no he didn’t tell me the reasons, but I can’t remember none of my friends got that marked down , 

It looks like your doctor just forget to mark you completed it. Since your interview is close, just wait to see if the IO will accept it.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

It looks like your doctor just forget to mark you completed it. Since your interview is close, just wait to see if the IO will accept 

It looks like your doctor just forget to mark you completed it. Since your interview is close, just wait to see if the IO will accept it.

I have my interview on the 20th of may , I just hope I don’t get asked for it , I’m sure the doctor had to mark it 🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by Sarah22

• 3 months later...
On 4/28/2021 at 7:08 AM, Sarah22 said:

You only got one page? Since it says 1 of 2.??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.