VJmember2020

First time applier for k1 visa

19 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

this past December was a huge step in my life when I proposed to my fiance after 5.5 years of being "together". It was even harder for us because my fiance holds a passport from another country and got denied a visiting visa twice to the US. So we have only been able to see each other when I am free with school which is once a year. 

Now that we are finally engaged, we can finally move on to our fiance visa and hopefully she be able to move here by next year after i am finished with Dental school.

Not going to lie, I am pretty overwhelmed with ALLLLLLL the info on this site, but am very thankful. 

Does anyone have some good links on where to start? I watched a handful of youtube video's and I know the first part is mainly the petitoner's duty of filling the I-129f form. 

We don't want ANYYYY issues with this fiance visa, because honestly we have no idea what we would do if they somehow denied this. She gets anxiety going to the embassy now after getting denied twice for the visiting visa. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What is her nationality, why did she have to apply for a B Visa?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Click on the "Guides" tab at the top of this site! You will get pretty much all the information you need!

USCIS I-129F Petition:   image.png.5e26813a0fee6f4065ce829758e29731.png      

image.png.66176722dd07631b884c6730df9ff788.pngimage.png.63696e1e1440439256be59ac086d18bb.png

Dept of State K1 Visa:   image.png.9a78db6ac742a01a01d0b157963311c8.png       image.png.8b2371c75847cbfbc45e7dc896f8ba1f.pngimage.png.e0b583662f868174b3c52088da49263c.pngimage.png.7f70a1e5e353924875a93c2b082fbee0.png
USCIS I-485 Petition:   

image.png.465aaf5ca7c51799120b0fab7f99afe5.png

image.png.e0b583662f868174b3c52088da49263c.pngimage.png.7f70a1e5e353924875a93c2b082fbee0.png

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

What is her nationality, why did she have to apply for a B Visa?

Indian 

her family was living in india and her mom moved to the UK on a student visa after her mom paid the school almost 20k $... After moving to the UK and completing the first year of nursing school then my fiance, little brother and dad moved to the UK (this was almost 11 years ago)... While her mom was in school, somehow the school closed down and all students lost their tuition. They ended up overstaying for about 3 years due to a lack of information from their immigration lawyer at the time. But for the last 3 years they have a legal visa to live in the UK. They need to renew this visa for almost 7 more years to obtain a British passport. Whew long story. sorry for that 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
13 minutes ago, toothfixer said:

Hello all, 

this past December was a huge step in my life when I proposed to my fiance after 5.5 years of being "together". It was even harder for us because my fiance holds a passport from another country and got denied a visiting visa twice to the US. So we have only been able to see each other when I am free with school which is once a year. 

Now that we are finally engaged, we can finally move on to our fiance visa and hopefully she be able to move here by next year after i am finished with Dental school.

Not going to lie, I am pretty overwhelmed with ALLLLLLL the info on this site, but am very thankful. 

Does anyone have some good links on where to start? I watched a handful of youtube video's and I know the first part is mainly the petitoner's duty of filling the I-129f form. 

We don't want ANYYYY issues with this fiance visa, because honestly we have no idea what we would do if they somehow denied this. She gets anxiety going to the embassy now after getting denied twice for the visiting visa. 

Congrats on your engagement. You can find all the info on the immigration process via the guides on here (https://www.visajourney.com/k1-fiance-visa/) and the instructions on the USCIS website. And keep in mind, the instructions on the USCIS website are always leading. 

Try to avoid youtube videos. A lot of them are old and contain outdated or just wrong information. The guides on here and the USCIS website should be enough recourses to get you through this process fairly easy.

1 minute ago, C90 said:

Congrats on your engagement. You can find all the info on the immigration process via the guides on here (https://www.visajourney.com/k1-fiance-visa/) and the instructions on the USCIS website. And keep in mind, the instructions on the USCIS website are always leading. 

Try to avoid youtube videos. A lot of them are old and contain outdated or just wrong information. The guides on here and the USCIS website should be enough recourses to get you through this process fairly easy.

thank you for the tips, will keep those in mind for sure. :)

Timeline

Wouldn't her Parents want to attend the wedding?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, Boiler said:

Wouldn't her Parents want to attend the wedding?

We are just going to do a religious blessing in the UK and then get married in the US

Timeline

UK is easier than most but not a good idea. Do it the other way around.

Just now, Boiler said:

you are saying to get married in the UK and apply for a spouse visa?

Timeline
1 minute ago, toothfixer said:

you are saying to get married in the UK and apply for a spouse visa?

There is a lot to be said for that but no get married and then do the religious bit if you are going the K!.

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

There is a lot to be said for that but no get married and then do the religious bit if you are going the K!.

okay thanks for the input, will keep that in mind. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Agree to this! So many people have been denied K1 visas because they did some kind of religious ceremony, and USCIS considered them 'too married' for K1 but 'not married enough' for CR1. 

If you go for K1, let her enter the US on K1, marry in the US, wait for her AP (currently 5-7 months, but processing times could go up or down by the time she has her visa) and then fly back to the UK to do a religious blessing. 

3 minutes ago, C90 said:

Agree to this! So many people have been denied K1 visas because they did some kind of religious ceremony, and USCIS considered them 'too married' for K1 but 'not married enough' for CR1. 

If you go for K1, let her enter the US on K1, marry in the US, wait for her AP (currently 5-7 months, but processing times could go up or down by the time she has her visa) and then fly back to the UK to do a religious blessing. 

hmm I see, thank you for the input :)

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2019 at 10:37 PM, C90 said:

I have a question regarding this, 

if our interview is before the religious ceremony then how will they even know we had a religious ceremony? obviously if they ask we would tell them and we will never lie. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.