Laura Hartman

Do I have to get an updated medical examination (form i-693) for AOS interview?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I read the instructions for i-693 and it states on page 7: C.You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:(1)You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination. I called USCIS and they said the medical examination I got overseas when applied for a K1 visa is only valid for a year. I got my medical examination on May 23rd, 2017 and I applied for AOS on October 24th, 2017. I recently got my interview appointment for April 16th giving me only 30 days to get all the paperwork needed for the interview. I scheduled a medical exam just in case but I'm still unsure whether I have to get it done or not. I only have my vaccination records and chest X-rays from the last medical exam since the results of the medical exam overseas was given in a sealed envelope to an IO when going through customs after landing to the states in order to be admitted to the country (July 19th, 2017). What are your thoughts? My interview is in 18 days.

2 minutes ago, Laura Hartman said:

I read the instructions for i-693 and it states on page 7: C.You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:(1)You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination. I called USCIS and they said the medical examination I got overseas when applied for a K1 visa is only valid for a year. I got my medical examination on May 23rd, 2017 and I applied for AOS on October 24th, 2017. I recently got my interview appointment for April 16th giving me only 30 days to get all the paperwork needed for the interview. I scheduled a medical exam just in case but I'm still unsure whether I have to get it done or not. I only have my vaccination records and chest X-rays from the last medical exam since the results of the medical exam overseas was given in a sealed envelope to an IO when going through customs after landing to the states in order to be admitted to the country (July 19th, 2017). What are your thoughts? My interview is in 18 days.

No you dont need one. You applied for AOS within one year of your overseas medical date.

Bring your DS3025 Vaccination Record to the interview and they will pull your overseas medical exam docs from your A-file.

The agents at USCIS arent the most knowledgeable sometimes.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You're right. I went to the appointment and the doctor advised me to not get it because it is around $500 and I may not need it. He said that I most likely won't need it and worst case scenario I can always come back and get it done if the IO requires it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.