Camandjam

CFO GCP in Clark- Walk-ins?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What is worse is one of her Aunts is going there April 21 and she wants to wait to fly back with her on May 9. So I guess the wait could be longer. I hate to stop her from flying with someone as I know I prefer to be with someone.

Is the CFO of any concern? Should I wait for her sticker to book or is there a 99% chance she gets her sticker? I was planning April 20 which is more than enough time after her GCP.

1 hour ago, Camandjam said:

What is worse is one of her Aunts is going there April 21 and she wants to wait to fly back with her on May 9. So I guess the wait could be longer. I hate to stop her from flying with someone as I know I prefer to be with someone.

Is the CFO of any concern? Should I wait for her sticker to book or is there a 99% chance she gets her sticker? I was planning April 20 which is more than enough time after her GCP.

If you went to through the old threads on CFO, you will find that there is generally not an issue if she is confident and prepared.  However if she is shy, timid, and won't make eye contact, they become circling "sharks" causing all kinds if problems. 

Finally done.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If your fiancee is a confident, self-assured person no issue.   CFO goes after the meek and timid .. that is when they start asking for "other documents" and such.

Read through the guide I linked to you earlier .. be prepared.

How old is your fiancee, have you been married before?    Those draw attention also.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

If your fiancee is a confident, self-assured person no issue.   CFO goes after the meek and timid .. that is when they start asking for "other documents" and such.

Read through the guide I linked to you earlier .. be prepared.

How old is your fiancee, have you been married before?    Those draw attention also.

She is 22 and I am 27. Should she bring a written consent from her mother too since she is close to 21?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Talako said:

If you went to through the old threads on CFO, you will find that there is generally not an issue if she is confident and prepared.  However if she is shy, timid, and won't make eye contact, they become circling "sharks" causing all kinds if problems. 

She can be shy in certain situations like talking to my family she hasn't met yet but mostly she is pretty outgoing. She has a Bachelor's in Finance so she is intelligent, hopefully she will pick up on anything like that.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Camandjam said:

She is 22 and I am 27. Should she bring a written consent from her mother too since she is close to 21?

To "Be Prepared"  ... I would  (ya I was a Boy Scout once).   

There is a good chance they won't ... CFO only goes for the "other documents" when they smell blood in the water.   Like said if your fiancee isn't timid or meek .. more of the self-assured and confident type

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

To "Be Prepared"  ... I would  (ya I was a Boy Scout once).   

There is a good chance they won't ... CFO only goes for the "other documents" when they smell blood in the water.   Like said if your fiancee isn't timid or meek .. more of the self-assured and confident type

I would imagine her mom will go with her so hopefully her being relatively nearby will also help although she has no problem going to Manila alone.

Her Dad works overseas so we cant get written consent from him or at least very easy.

I would imagine everything goes fine but I like to over prepare because I hate delays.

Timeline

I would imagine her mom will go with her so hopefully her being relatively nearby will also help although she has no problem going to Manila alone.

Her Dad works overseas so we cant get written consent from him or at least very easy.

I would imagine everything goes fine but I like to over prepare because I hate delays.

Mom being there is like money in the bank ;)     Mom won't be allowed in but .. it isn't too bad sitting outside (yup did that too)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Mom being there is like money in the bank ;)     Mom won't be allowed in but .. it isn't too bad sitting outside (yup did that 

How far in are they allowed to go?

Timeline
15 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Guard will not let anyone but the attendees to enter the building.

Ahh so it's just more of moral support but that should help.

I have some more questions

1. How strict are they about the maximum number of attendees? Is it possible to pay for an extra slot? I know you can pay to get things done there faster for many things so it seems this shouldn't be different.

2. If they ask for "additional documents" would that mean she would need another appointment?

3. Is it possible to book 2 appointments basically a spare appointment. I'm not really fond of the idea because it gets in others way of getting their's done. I would probably book it at Clark so at the very least someone could be a walk-in and of course cancel the appointment as soon as we dont need it.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Camandjam said:

Ahh so it's just more of moral support but that should help.   Yes .. and if the consent issue comes up, she could quickly reply - my mom is outside waiting.  TaaDaa!

I have some more questions

1. How strict are they about the maximum number of attendees? Is it possible to pay for an extra slot? I know you can pay to get things done there faster for many things so it seems this shouldn't be different.

Manila is very strict on the numbers.

2. If they ask for "additional documents" would that mean she would need another appointment?

No additional appt needed if they ask for something you don't have.   But if you follow the guide you should be well covered.

3. Is it possible to book 2 appointments basically a spare appointment. I'm not really fond of the idea because it gets in others way of getting their's done. I would probably book it at Clark so at the very least someone could be a walk-in and of course cancel the appointment as soon as we dont need it.

Don't know how that works, but being it is two different locations I would almost think you could pull that off .. but why?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

So maybe Clark will accept an "extra seat"? 

I have read the guide a little bit. I will have her look at it soon as she needs to read it.

The only reason I think of it is I plan for the worst hope for the best. If she somehow fails her first GCP then we have one available much sooner than if we did not. I dont like the idea much though as I said before it kinda gets in others way.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Camandjam said:

So maybe Clark will accept an "extra seat"? 

I have read the guide a little bit. I will have her look at it soon as she needs to read it.

The only reason I think of it is I plan for the worst hope for the best. If she somehow fails her first GCP then we have one available much sooner than if we did not. I dont like the idea much though as I said before it kinda gets in others way.

GCP isn't so much a "fail" thing ..   

Best way to handle CFO is to be self-assured and confident during the one on one interview, look 'em in the eyes .. and lay it on thick!  :lol:  

Ya I like that motto    Plan for the worst ~ Hope for the best

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

GCP isn't so much a "fail" thing ..   

Best way to handle CFO is to be self-assured and confident during the one on one interview, look 'em in the eyes .. and lay it on thick!  :lol:  

Ya I like that motto    Plan for the worst ~ Hope for the best

She did very well in her Embassy interview from what she said. I think like 5 questions they practically asked and her interview was far shorter than the others around her. So I guess that should be a good indication.

I'm still contemplating the Clark Walk-in maybe an extra $50 just to see if money can talk. I cant really see the issue since your just paying a premium for essentially expedited service but the CFO seems to be more like a toll road... stopping you and taking a small fee. I guess they probably get off knowing they are a roadblock lol.

Edited by Camandjam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.