suhridkhan

2018 Tax Return and Affidavit of Support

21 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Dinheru said:

Medical got approved. Got w2 and 1040.

Irs is possibly on its way. Interview in 1.5 week, so not sure. We added a joint. 2017 transcript. 2018 w2 and 1040 rdy. Transcript is requested.

Current income more than sufficient.

Is it true that 1040 is approximately 75 pages?

Sounds like you have it under control.  The 1040 is only 2 pages.  The tax return may be 75 pages depending on what schedules and forms are required.  Ours was 4 pages.  The 1040, W7 and W2.  That is all I needed.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi, I'm getting ready to start the process to bring my husband. i have a question about the taxes. I know it's a long ways from now, but i want to be prepared. How many years back are really required? I recently found out the IRS does not have my 2016 taxes (long story, they were done by someone else i thought i could trust). Will this be an issue for us? please advise. Thank you.

p.s. i have a pretty good salary and i can prove that other ways.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 4/2/2019 at 1:36 PM, pushbrk said:

Correct for the NVC stage. Have the transcript at the interview.  Note that unless you are self employed you do not qualify or not qualify based on 2018 income.  You qualify based on current income, which DOES NOT come from a a tax return.  2018 ended three months in the past.  

"Current income"comes from and is documented with a pay stub.

Am I able to use my employment letter and income from a room that I’m renting out in my home as income? 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Gojo said:

Am I able to use my employment letter and income from a room that I’m renting out in my home as income? 

Actually, no.  Income from a room you rent in your house would only be "income" AFTER it is reported on a tax return.  Rental income is "self employment income", sp it is only "business revenue" until it shows on a tax return.  If you have a regular paystub, that's better than an employer letter.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
7 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Actually, no.  Income from a room you rent in your house would only be "income" AFTER it is reported on a tax return.  Rental income is "self employment income", sp it is only "business revenue" until it shows on a tax return.  If you have a regular paystub, that's better than an employer letter.

Thanks for the response 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.