6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

So, I have a question for anyone who has gotten married in Cuba or who is in the process of getting your documents certified, authenticated, and translated. I have gotten my divorce decree, birth certificate, and affidavit of single status certified as true by my Secretary of State, as well as authenticated by the US State Department. I am now getting those documents translated into Spanish.

As far as I was aware, I only needed to translate the papers that stated my documents were certified and authenticated - not the actual document itself (i.e. the actual birth certificate, divorce decree, etc). Can anyone validate me on this? Or do I need to have my entire divorce decree, birth certificate, and affidavit of single status translated in addition to the certificates of authentication? Any insight on this would be super helpful.

Thanks!! ❤️

9 minutes ago, CheneyAlva said:

Hi everyone,

So, I have a question for anyone who has gotten married in Cuba or who is in the process of getting your documents certified, authenticated, and translated. I have gotten my divorce decree, birth certificate, and affidavit of single status certified as true by my Secretary of State, as well as authenticated by the US State Department. I am now getting those documents translated into Spanish.

As far as I was aware, I only needed to translate the papers that stated my documents were certified and authenticated - not the actual document itself (i.e. the actual birth certificate, divorce decree, etc). Can anyone validate me on this? Or do I need to have my entire divorce decree, birth certificate, and affidavit of single status translated in addition to the certificates of authentication? Any insight on this would be super helpful.

Thanks!! ❤️

INTO Spanish....from English? Why?

2 minutes ago, CheneyAlva said:

It is required that I get my certified and authenticated documents translated in Spanish so that they can be authorized by the Cuban consulate.

Ohhhhh I see. Have you tagged "Cuba" on your post so ppl from that country's forum can answer? This really doesnt have much to do with immigration that anyone other than fellow Cuban Spousal Visa applicant would be able to answer because your answer is dependent on the process in Cuban prior to the immigration process.

1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Ohhhhh I see. Have you tagged "Cuba" on your post so ppl from that country's forum can answer? This really doesnt have much to do with immigration that anyone other than fellow Cuban Spousal Visa applicant would be able to answer because your answer is dependent on the process in Cuban prior to the immigration process.

Thanks for that suggestion. I am still trying to figure out how to make posts on this website. Thanks again. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

You need to have the documents themselves translated as well. It is a requirement. The notaria made sure I had that when we applied for our marriage license in 2016.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.