CheneyAlva

I-129f Consular Processing Information for Cuba fiance

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am SUPER new to this, so sorry if I seem...well...like a newbie. I am working on the I-129f form. My fiance lives in Cuba, and I know that interviews are now required to be held in Georgetown, Guyana, therefore I am assuming that I would need to specify that in the Consular Processing Information section of the form. Can anyone validate me on this? I just want to make sure that I do not make any mistakes. 

Also, I am very confused on how he is supposed to apply for a visa in Guyana. Do I apply on his behalf? Or does he have to travel to Guyana, apply in person, and then return for an interview if they grant him one? Any clarification on this process would be really helpful. There is so much information and it is overwhelming as I am sure you all know and have experienced.

Best,

CA

8 minutes ago, CheneyAlva said:

Hi everyone,

I am SUPER new to this, so sorry if I seem...well...like a newbie. I am working on the I-129f form. My fiance lives in Cuba, and I know that interviews are now required to be held in Georgetown, Guyana, therefore I am assuming that I would need to specify that in the Consular Processing Information section of the form. Can anyone validate me on this? I just want to make sure that I do not make any mistakes. 

Also, I am very confused on how he is supposed to apply for a visa in Guyana. Do I apply on his behalf? Or does he have to travel to Guyana, apply in person, and then return for an interview if they grant him one? Any clarification on this process would be really helpful. There is so much information and it is overwhelming as I am sure you all know and have experienced.

Best,

CA

Once his I129F is approved through USCIS it will be sent to the NVC. The NVC will then send it to his embassy. 

Yes. Cuban K1 visa applicants are interviewed in Guyana. Once his petition reaches his embassy he will be contacted within one to 8 weeks and told to proceed with applying for the Visa. He will fill out a DS160 and submit it to his embassy and will be required to travel to Guyana for the medical exam and interview. Generally at his embassy they tell Visa applicants to plan on being in Guyana for at least two weeks for the Visa application process.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

33 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Once his I129F is approved through USCIS it will be sent to the NVC. The NVC will then be sent to his embassy. 

Yes. Cuban K1 visa applicants are interviewed in Guyana. Once his petition reaches his embassy he will be contacted within one to 8 weeks and told to proceed with applying for the Visa. He will fill out a DS160 and submit it to his embassy and will be required to travel to Guyana for the medical exam and interview. Generally at his embassy they tell Visa applicants to plan on being in Guyana for at least two weeks for the Visa application process.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I guess I am confused about how he goes about applying for the visa once he is instructed to do so. Does he apply for the visa in Guyana or in Cuba? Again, I am sorry for being so uninformed. 

20 minutes ago, CheneyAlva said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I guess I am confused about how he goes about applying for the visa once he is instructed to do so. Does he apply for the visa in Guyana or in Cuba? Again, I am sorry for being so uninformed. 

He will be sent instructions on how to process his Visa application directly from his embassy either by mail or email. They will tell him when to fill out the DS160 online and when to submit that. The DS160 IS the Visa application. Then he will schedule his interview by registering online when told to by the embassy. He will be applying for everything ONLINE to physically take place in Guyana.

*** Moved from  Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas to "K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures". OP is not at the AOS stage yet. ***

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

All of your other posts indicate you are getting married in Cuba, so you would apply for a spousal visa not a fiancé visa. The form for that is I-130. And yes, your fiancé (by then spouse) has to go to Guyana for the interview.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.