Qwerty87

Medical help!

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So my doctors surgery are being incredibly difficult and I’m struggling to get my medical documents. Aside from the required docs, as I already have these (ie police certification etc), is there anything else I can take with me for medical evidence? 

Has anyone here taken anything else that has been beneficial?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Qwerty87 said:

So my doctors surgery are being incredibly difficult and I’m struggling to get my medical documents. Aside from the required docs, as I already have these (ie police certification etc), is there anything else I can take with me for medical evidence? 

I'm in the same boat! All we need his my fiance's medial summary and they keep giving us the run around. My fiance is going to register with the local doctors and then actual schedule an appointment to try and get them. Hopefully this will work!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pooley said:

I'm in the same boat! All we need his my fiance's medial summary and they keep giving us the run around. My fiance is going to register with the local doctors and then actual schedule an appointment to try and get them. Hopefully this will work!

They’re so difficult aren’t they! For some reason my doctors are having trouble accessing my records from the central record store. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Qwerty87 said:

They’re so difficult aren’t they! For some reason my doctors are having trouble accessing my records from the central record store. 

Yes, they are incredibly difficult!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Not sure if this is helpful because it sounds like some people have a hard time and others not, but my fiance simply went to the surgery next door to his flat and asked the receptionist to print out his patient record summary. They did it no problem, no questions asks. However, first he tried to call NHS and ask for this and they told him he had to submit a formal request and all that jazz. So I would recommend going and person and asking for a print out! You shouldn't even have to say why! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Qwerty87 said:

Your GP have no right to refuse to give you any of your medical records. If you put it in writing then they have to give them to you. Hope you get it sorted! 

On 3/22/2019 at 12:55 PM, Qwerty87 said:

On 3/22/2019 at 2:05 PM, Pooley said:

On 3/22/2019 at 7:41 PM, Paigepaige said:

Your GP have no right to refuse to give you any of your medical records. If you put it in writing then they have to give them to you. Hope you get it sorted! 

I was just going to throw my 2cents (geez that sounds corny on a US Immigration forum...2 pence?) in here but Paigepaige beat me to it. 

They technically cannot refuse to give you your medical records and/or summary as legally speaking, it is your documentation. The online NHS service that most GP surgeries are enrolled in can give you a very brief patient summary also but it takes 2 weeks or so to register and again, has to be done through your GP. 

Majority of the ones I've seen the receptionists can print this off, just take your driving license or passport in and request it :) They may look at your a little weird as they don't all know what you need but 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Hi @Qwerty87 and @Pooley,

If it helps, I joined a new doctor recently and I got this in my welcome pack - it actually says under ‘Is it possible for me to see the information in my Summary Care Record?’ - You can ask your GP Practice to print out a copy of your Summary Care Record from their computer system.

This is a Department of Health document, not specify to my medical surgery - it applies to all NHS GP practices.

I’ve just taken pics on my phone - but if you like, I can scan it in at work tomorrow, then upload it, so you have a printable of the full page?

EDIT: struggling to upload the pics, says they’re too big. Will try below.

Unfortunately, even when I try retaking, it’s saying the photo is too big. I’ll scan it in and upload it as a PDF for you tomorrow - it’s a Department of Health document, entitled ‘Summary Care Records - Frequently Asked Questions’. It gives lots of details such as what is one, what info is included, who can see it, and, most importantly for us, how you obtain a copy.

I’ve never been given one of these before, so good timing changing doctors I guess! 🙃

Timeline
8 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Unfortunately, even when I try retaking, it’s saying the photo is too big. I’ll scan it in and upload it as a PDF for you tomorrow - it’s a Department of Health document, entitled ‘Summary Care Records - Frequently Asked Questions’. It gives lots of details such as what is one, what info is included, who can see it, and, most importantly for us, how you obtain a copy.

I’ve never been given one of these before, so good timing changing doctors I guess! 🙃

That would be so great thank you! It’s so hard to know if I’m asking for the right things 😂

9 hours ago, LukeU said:

I was just going to throw my 2cents (geez that sounds corny on a US Immigration forum...2 pence?) in here but Paigepaige beat me to it. 

They technically cannot refuse to give you your medical records and/or summary as legally speaking, it is your documentation. The online NHS service that most GP surgeries are enrolled in can give you a very brief patient summary also but it takes 2 weeks or so to register and again, has to be done through your GP. 

Majority of the ones I've seen the receptionists can print this off, just take your driving license or passport in and request it :) They may look at your a little weird as they don't all know what you need but 

Great thank you! I have an appointment tomorrow so let’s all hope I can get it sorted 😂

4 minutes ago, Qwerty87 said:

That would be so great thank you! It’s so hard to know if I’m asking for the right things 😂

No problem! I don’t have a scanner at home - but I’ll do it first thing when I get to work (8am) and will post it straight away - hopefully that’ll be early enough for your appointment!

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

No problem! I don’t have a scanner at home - but I’ll do it first thing when I get to work (8am) and will post it straight away - hopefully that’ll be early enough for your appointment!

thank you so much! if you're not comfortable posting it on here you can DM me ☺️

9 minutes ago, Qwerty87 said:

thank you so much! if you're not comfortable posting it on here you can DM me ☺️

Oh, I’ve no problems posting here - it’s not a personal letter, doesn’t even have my name on it - it’s just part of the welcome pack I was given - and like I said, it’s not even specific to my GP, it’s for all NHS GP practices.

I'm going to see if it will let me PM you a photo - it may allow for bigger sized images to be sent by PM. 

Hey @Qwerty87 and @Pooley - I think there may be some sort of issue with the visa-journey photo upload - as I’ve deleted several pics that I’d already uploaded, to make sure I have enough allowed media space to upload this one - and it still won’t let me - it seems to think it’s an enormous file, but it’s just a photo taken on my phone, same as the others.

Can’t send by private message either! 

As such, please DM me your email address (if you’d like to) and I’ll email the photo to you. I will still try scanning at work and uploading as a PDF, but as VJ seems to be playing up, can’t guarantee it will work! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Here you go @Qwerty87 and @Pooley - sorry for the delay, there was a crash on the motorway that meant I sat in traffic for an extra hour - and then had to run straight into a meeting!

Summary Care.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.