12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just had an update that they have mailed to request for initial evidence of petition for my son. What could they be asking for, I remember I didn't attach a photograph because it was not asked for. This child was born out of wedlock but I have my name on his birth certificate. Getting confused.

6 minutes ago, DeepGaga said:

Just had an update that they have mailed to request for initial evidence of petition for my son. What could they be asking for, I remember I didn't attach a photograph because it was not asked for. This child was born out of wedlock but I have my name on his birth certificate. Getting confused.

No way to know until it arrives in the mail.

10 hours ago, DeepGaga said:

Aug filer...PD 8/8/18 TSC. Received same notification today. From what I’m seeing, TSC is blasting people with RFE’s. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
2 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Aug filer...PD 8/8/18 TSC. Received same notification today. From what I’m seeing, TSC is blasting people with RFE’s. 

You're right! I got one too on monday. Am a July 27,2018 filer, Just waiting on my mail since I thought I sent everything when I filed.

6 hours ago, chiblosom said:

You're right! I got one too on monday. Am a July 27,2018 filer, Just waiting on my mail since I thought I sent everything when I filed.

Me too...our lawyer sent everything off and I received a copy of the entire packet and it was all there...more than enough. But from what I’m seeing in my searches they are losing stuff...so we just wait and see. The waiting game is a killer.

Timeline
2 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Me too...our lawyer sent everything off and I received a copy of the entire packet and it was all there...more than enough. But from what I’m seeing in my searches they are losing stuff...so we just wait and see. The waiting game is a killer.

How long did it take to get the mail if you have received it? I hear after they receive the evidence,the approvalois within 3 weeks.

Timeline
5 hours ago, geoako2121 said:

Well I had an RFE in October, 2018. U just have to provide them more evidence as proof of ur son. A DNA test won't be a bad idea though

How long before you got the mail? I hope  they are not asking for a DNA test because my son is light skinned and my husband and I aren't.

Edited by chiblosom

1 hour ago, chiblosom said:

How long did it take to get the mail if you have received it? I hear after they receive the evidence,the approvalois within 3 weeks.

I haven’t received it yet. They mailed it yesterday. I will let you when I get it. I heard they approve pretty fast afterwards but then again I saw someone yesterday that waited 3 months after they sent back RFE response. Brought me down a bit. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 hours ago, geoako2121 said:

Well I had an RFE in October, 2018. U just have to provide them more evidence as proof of ur son. A DNA test won't be a bad idea though

Can I volunteer to do the DNA? I think unless they have to ask for it. Let me know if I would be able to do it without being authorized. 

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.