Jump to content

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am currently staying in the Philippines for almost a year now because i got pregnant and I just gave birth. I am US citizen. My husband’s petition is on hold because I am here. However, I just recently asked my aunt if she can be my co sponsor since I dont have income. And also i didnt file tax for 2018 since i dont have anything to file. I am unemployed the whole year? Would that be a problem? My aunt is planning to submit the paperworks to NVC herself. She doesnt want me to see her form I-864. Can i just send her my I-864 form? And she will send it along with her proof of income to NVC? she is in the US.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AlexKissley said:

I am currently staying in the Philippines for almost a year now because i got pregnant and I just gave birth. I am US citizen. My husband’s petition is on hold because I am here. However, I just recently asked my aunt if she can be my co sponsor since I dont have income. And also i didnt file tax for 2018 since i dont have anything to file. I am unemployed the whole year? Would that be a problem? My aunt is planning to submit the paperworks to NVC herself. She doesnt want me to see her form I-864. Can i just send her my I-864 form? And she will send it along with her proof of income to NVC? she is in the US.  

 

Your husband will need to bring a copy of your aunt's I-864 and tax transcripts to his CR1/IR1 interview.  I suggest you make your aunt aware of that requirement if she intends to keep her financials a secret from you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ate said:

 

Your husband will need to bring a copy of your aunt's I-864 and tax transcripts to his CR1/IR1 interview.  I suggest you make your aunt aware of that requirement if she intends to keep her financials a secret from you.

 

While that is correct, she can ask him to keep it in a sealed envelope and hand it over that way.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

While that is correct, she can ask him to keep it in a sealed envelope and hand it over that way.

At the same time, I would be kinda wary of handing over anything to the CO without seeing it first. I doubt they would do anything, but knowing what you submit is a good rule of thumb too.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

At the same time, I would be kinda wary of handing over anything to the CO without seeing it first. I doubt they would do anything, but knowing what you submit is a good rule of thumb too.

Yes, and I would worry it's not correct or complete, but if the aunt is the only option and cannot be persuaded otherwise, you do the best you can.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ate said:

 

Your husband will need to bring a copy of your aunt's I-864 and tax transcripts to his CR1/IR1 interview.  I suggest you make your aunt aware of that requirement if she intends to keep her financials a secret from you.

 

Oh ok. I will let her know! Thanks

6 hours ago, pushbrk said:

While that is correct, she can ask him to keep it in a sealed envelope and hand it over that way.

Maybe thats what im gonna do if she didnt agree.

5 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, and I would worry it's not correct or complete, but if the aunt is the only option and cannot be persuaded otherwise, you do the best you can.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though my question is can i just give her my forms and she’ll send it to NVC? Is that gonna be a problem if i didnt send it myself? And what kind I-864 do i need to sign if im having a co sponsor? What else documents do i need to submit? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlexKissley said:

Though my question is can i just give her my forms and she’ll send it to NVC? Is that gonna be a problem if i didnt send it myself? And what kind I-864 do i need to sign if im having a co sponsor? What else documents do i need to submit? Thank you.

Time to study the I-864 instructions very well.  Your joint sponsor needs to do the same.  What you send, depends on your circumstances and your joint sponsor's circumstances.  Match the instructions to the circumstances.

 

Is your joint sponsor married?


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Time to study the I-864 instructions very well.  Your joint sponsor needs to do the same.  What you send, depends on your circumstances and your joint sponsor's circumstances.  Match the instructions to the circumstances.

 

Is your joint sponsor married?

Yes she is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

*OP, you'll complete I-864

*Your married joint sponsor aunt will complete I-864

*Aunt's husband may have to also complete I-864A

Because there could several moving parts on this you should be taking the lead on this so your aunt doesn't screw up, otherwise you'll be in for a long ride with RFEs.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

 

Aren't you uploading your documents online through CEAC? If so, your aunt has to be familiar with CEAC  how it works to submit online, not that it's difficult.

 

Edited by nastra30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, AlexKissley said:

Though my question is can i just give her my forms and she’ll send it to NVC? Is that gonna be a problem if i didnt send it myself? And what kind I-864 do i need to sign if im having a co sponsor? What else documents do i need to submit? Thank you.

Aren't you submitting online? If so, you can give your details to her to submit the documents online.

Edited by nastra30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

*OP, you'll complete I-864

*Your married joint sponsor aunt will complete I-864

*Aunt's husband may have to also complete I-864A

 

It is the best practice for a married joint sponsor's spouse to submit an I-864a.  If he doesn't, and it is asked for by the Consular Officer, there will be a delay.

 

The affidavit of support is the most complicated combination of form(s) and supporting documentation to get right.  While you may be able to avoid SEEING the actual numbers on the affidavit, and still be successful, you MUST take responsibility for making certain it is done correctly and that the necessary supporting documentation is submitted as well.

 

If either Aunt or Aunt's husband are self-employed, that further complicates the issue.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, pushbrk said:

It is the best practice for a married joint sponsor's spouse to submit an I-864a.  If he doesn't, and it is asked for by the Consular Officer, there will be a delay.

 

The affidavit of support is the most complicated combination of form(s) and supporting documentation to get right.  While you may be able to avoid SEEING the actual numbers on the affidavit, and still be successful, you MUST take responsibility for making certain it is done correctly and that the necessary supporting documentation is submitted as well.

 

If either Aunt or Aunt's husband are self-employed, that further complicates the issue.

They are not self employed. 

 

Also, i didnt know you’re supposed to submit it online. Do you submit it with DS-260?

 

And do i have to submit federal tax returns, paystub, 3 year of tax transcript if im having joint sponsor? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AlexKissley said:

They are not self employed. 

 

Also, i didnt know you’re supposed to submit it online. Do you submit it with DS-260?

 

And do i have to submit federal tax returns, paystub, 3 year of tax transcript if im having joint sponsor? Thank you.

Study the I-864 instructions.  Whether you submit it online or not is country specific.  You do not submit it WITH the DS260 but it is often about the same time.

 


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Study the I-864 instructions.  Whether you submit it online or not is country specific.  You do not submit it WITH the DS260 but it is often about the same time.

 

Do i need to submit my husband’s nbi clearance, police certificate? 

 

Do i have to submit social security earnings if i didnt make anything this year? And with joint sponsor? If so, how can i get social security earnings while im here in the Philippines? I just recently gave birth almost 2 months ago. I cant come back yet to US. 

 

Please explain to me the one year contract for termination if you dont have contact with NVC. My husband got approved around May. However, we completed visa application and paid immigration visa around october. Does that mean were still good until october? Or we have to act fast and complete everything by May? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×