15 posts in this topic

I am currently staying in the Philippines for almost a year now because i got pregnant and I just gave birth. I am US citizen. My husband’s petition is on hold because I am here. However, I just recently asked my aunt if she can be my co sponsor since I dont have income. And also i didnt file tax for 2018 since i dont have anything to file. I am unemployed the whole year? Would that be a problem? My aunt is planning to submit the paperworks to NVC herself. She doesnt want me to see her form I-864. Can i just send her my I-864 form? And she will send it along with her proof of income to NVC? she is in the US.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, AlexKissley said:

I am currently staying in the Philippines for almost a year now because i got pregnant and I just gave birth. I am US citizen. My husband’s petition is on hold because I am here. However, I just recently asked my aunt if she can be my co sponsor since I dont have income. And also i didnt file tax for 2018 since i dont have anything to file. I am unemployed the whole year? Would that be a problem? My aunt is planning to submit the paperworks to NVC herself. She doesnt want me to see her form I-864. Can i just send her my I-864 form? And she will send it along with her proof of income to NVC? she is in the US.  

Your husband will need to bring a copy of your aunt's I-864 and tax transcripts to his CR1/IR1 interview.  I suggest you make your aunt aware of that requirement if she intends to keep her financials a secret from you.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ate said:

Your husband will need to bring a copy of your aunt's I-864 and tax transcripts to his CR1/IR1 interview.  I suggest you make your aunt aware of that requirement if she intends to keep her financials a secret from you.

While that is correct, she can ask him to keep it in a sealed envelope and hand it over that way.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

41 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

While that is correct, she can ask him to keep it in a sealed envelope and hand it over that way.

At the same time, I would be kinda wary of handing over anything to the CO without seeing it first. I doubt they would do anything, but knowing what you submit is a good rule of thumb too.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

At the same time, I would be kinda wary of handing over anything to the CO without seeing it first. I doubt they would do anything, but knowing what you submit is a good rule of thumb too.

Yes, and I would worry it's not correct or complete, but if the aunt is the only option and cannot be persuaded otherwise, you do the best you can.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

8 hours ago, Ate said:

Oh ok. I will let her know! Thanks

6 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Maybe thats what im gonna do if she didnt agree.

5 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, and I would worry it's not correct or complete, but if the aunt is the only option and cannot be persuaded otherwise, you do the best you can.

Thank you

Though my question is can i just give her my forms and she’ll send it to NVC? Is that gonna be a problem if i didnt send it myself? And what kind I-864 do i need to sign if im having a co sponsor? What else documents do i need to submit? Thank you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexKissley said:

Though my question is can i just give her my forms and she’ll send it to NVC? Is that gonna be a problem if i didnt send it myself? And what kind I-864 do i need to sign if im having a co sponsor? What else documents do i need to submit? Thank you.

Time to study the I-864 instructions very well.  Your joint sponsor needs to do the same.  What you send, depends on your circumstances and your joint sponsor's circumstances.  Match the instructions to the circumstances.

Is your joint sponsor married?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

9 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Time to study the I-864 instructions very well.  Your joint sponsor needs to do the same.  What you send, depends on your circumstances and your joint sponsor's circumstances.  Match the instructions to the circumstances.

Is your joint sponsor married?

Yes she is. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

*OP, you'll complete I-864

*Your married joint sponsor aunt will complete I-864

*Aunt's husband may have to also complete I-864A

Because there could several moving parts on this you should be taking the lead on this so your aunt doesn't screw up, otherwise you'll be in for a long ride with RFEs.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

Aren't you uploading your documents online through CEAC? If so, your aunt has to be familiar with CEAC  how it works to submit online, not that it's difficult.

Edited by nastra30

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
12 hours ago, AlexKissley said:

Aren't you submitting online? If so, you can give your details to her to submit the documents online.

Edited by nastra30

Timeline
1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

*OP, you'll complete I-864

*Your married joint sponsor aunt will complete I-864

*Aunt's husband may have to also complete I-864A

It is the best practice for a married joint sponsor's spouse to submit an I-864a.  If he doesn't, and it is asked for by the Consular Officer, there will be a delay.

The affidavit of support is the most complicated combination of form(s) and supporting documentation to get right.  While you may be able to avoid SEEING the actual numbers on the affidavit, and still be successful, you MUST take responsibility for making certain it is done correctly and that the necessary supporting documentation is submitted as well.

If either Aunt or Aunt's husband are self-employed, that further complicates the issue.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

17 hours ago, pushbrk said:

It is the best practice for a married joint sponsor's spouse to submit an I-864a.  If he doesn't, and it is asked for by the Consular Officer, there will be a delay.

The affidavit of support is the most complicated combination of form(s) and supporting documentation to get right.  While you may be able to avoid SEEING the actual numbers on the affidavit, and still be successful, you MUST take responsibility for making certain it is done correctly and that the necessary supporting documentation is submitted as well.

If either Aunt or Aunt's husband are self-employed, that further complicates the issue.

They are not self employed. 

Also, i didnt know you’re supposed to submit it online. Do you submit it with DS-260?

And do i have to submit federal tax returns, paystub, 3 year of tax transcript if im having joint sponsor? Thank you.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, AlexKissley said:

They are not self employed. 

Also, i didnt know you’re supposed to submit it online. Do you submit it with DS-260?

And do i have to submit federal tax returns, paystub, 3 year of tax transcript if im having joint sponsor? Thank you.

Study the I-864 instructions.  Whether you submit it online or not is country specific.  You do not submit it WITH the DS260 but it is often about the same time.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

13 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Study the I-864 instructions.  Whether you submit it online or not is country specific.  You do not submit it WITH the DS260 but it is often about the same time.

Do i need to submit my husband’s nbi clearance, police certificate? 

Do i have to submit social security earnings if i didnt make anything this year? And with joint sponsor? If so, how can i get social security earnings while im here in the Philippines? I just recently gave birth almost 2 months ago. I cant come back yet to US. 

Please explain to me the one year contract for termination if you dont have contact with NVC. My husband got approved around May. However, we completed visa application and paid immigration visa around october. Does that mean were still good until october? Or we have to act fast and complete everything by May? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.