AMIT J

Processing Time Question and a lot of confusion

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am really confused about the Processing time that is posted on USCIS website and posted on VisaJourney website based on other members.. for K1 Visa (Fiance)

How can there be so much difference. The USCIS Website is showing that the case is currently being worked on is for July 26, 2018

6 Months to 8 Months
K-1/K-2 - Not yet married - fiancé(e) and/or dependent child
July 26, 2018

whereas, VisaJourney website is showing October 28, 2018

Can someone please explain this clearly?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, AMIT J said:

Hello,

I am really confused about the Processing time that is posted on USCIS website and posted on VisaJourney website based on other members.. for K1 Visa (Fiance)

How can there be so much difference. The USCIS Website is showing that the case is currently being worked on is for July 26, 2018

6 Months to 8 Months
K-1/K-2 - Not yet married - fiancé(e) and/or dependent child
July 26, 2018

whereas, VisaJourney website is showing October 28, 2018

Can someone please explain this clearly?

USCIS is based on where they report that they are. The Visa journey one is based on how good visajourney members are at updating their timelines and are therefore less accurate. 

9 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

USCIS is based on where they report that they are. The Visa journey one is based on how good visajourney members are at updating their timelines and are therefore less accurate. 

Thanks for your response. That I did know. I just wanted to confirm that, is that possible that the USCIS website timeline could be wrong based on the data provided by VJ members.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, AMIT J said:

Thanks for your response. That I did know. I just wanted to confirm that, is that possible that the USCIS website timeline could be wrong based on the data provided by VJ members.

It is completely normal for USCIS to show up as being several months behind. It is just because some people on VJ has been approved early. I would go with the date on USCIS and be pleasantly surprised if you get an approval around the time VJ says you should be approved. Just don't count on it or you'll most likely be disappointed and/or stressed out. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, AMIT J said:

USCIS is not wrong. It's their estimate and everything they do resolves around those estimates no matter what you've seen or heard from elsewhere.

VJ is crowdsourced so the higher the contribution the better we can have an idea when we'll get approved. But no matter what USCIS processing times are what you should be using when you are communicating with USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Unidentified said:

It is completely normal for USCIS to show up as being several months behind. It is just because some people on VJ has been approved early. I would go with the date on USCIS and be pleasantly surprised if you get an approval around the time VJ says you should be approved. Just don't count on it or you'll most likely be disappointed and/or stressed out. 

I have had hopes dashed by watching VJ estimates.  But, if you go by what USCIS tells you, you’ll find it is pretty accurate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.