KK and UR

K1 Visa - How to begin?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi people we are Indo-American couple planning to start our K1 journey soon and are completely baffled by the process. What we understand so far is the US national will file I129F and submit some supporting documents, while the Indian partner has to wait and gather supporting documents for interview. I had some questions if anyone can answer and help us -

1. Intent of marriage letter , do we both need to write it? And if so then should we mail original copy to US or print copy will do?

2. What kind of support documents would you say from experience are good for the packet? We have a lot of travel proofs, pictures, a ring receipt, letters/cards we wrote each other. Would they suffice or we need to attach whatsapp, email and other historical data too?

3. We only fill I-129F and the G-1145 right? Or is there anything else needed for work authorization etc that needs to be taken care of at this point?

4. The section Beneficiary's employment history says give data for all employers for past 5 years, but if the person has been working at the same place for the past 6-7 years, is it ok to only give one employer's detail?

5. Section 47 - Beneficiary's Physical Address above - Is this asking for the current residential address?

6. And section 49 - Beneficiary's name and address in their native alphabet - What does this even mean?????

Can anyone help?

Hi,

1. You can send the original. Then write another for when the beneficiary has the interview.

2. On going relationship evidence. Sounds like you have already provided.

3. Not needed for the original I-129f. But the beneficiary will need financial documents to show at interview.

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. It means write name as if would be written in their language.

All of your questions can be answered by the guides on VJ and the US government's instructions on how to complete the forms from USCIS. Please take some time to review.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1tips

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
29 minutes ago, KK and UR said:

Hi people we are Indo-American couple planning to start our K1 journey soon and are completely baffled by the process. What we understand so far is the US national will file I129F and submit some supporting documents, while the Indian partner has to wait and gather supporting documents for interview. I had some questions if anyone can answer and help us -

1. Intent of marriage letter , do we both need to write it? And if so then should we mail original copy to US or print copy will do?

2. What kind of support documents would you say from experience are good for the packet? We have a lot of travel proofs, pictures, a ring receipt, letters/cards we wrote each other. Would they suffice or we need to attach whatsapp, email and other historical data too?

3. We only fill I-129F and the G-1145 right? Or is there anything else needed for work authorization etc that needs to be taken care of at this point?

4. The section Beneficiary's employment history says give data for all employers for past 5 years, but if the person has been working at the same place for the past 6-7 years, is it ok to only give one employer's detail?

5. Section 47 - Beneficiary's Physical Address above - Is this asking for the current residential address?

6. And section 49 - Beneficiary's name and address in their native alphabet - What does this even mean?????

Can anyone help?

Hi! We can tell you what we did personally. Every case is unique. Do bear in mind India is a high fraud country so it's best to try and prove your case from jump. 

1 We both wrote individual intent to marry letters. I mailed my copy to him. I have heard of others signing the letter in blue ink and email a scanned copy. 

2 we submitted a good size packet for i129f. Although chat and call logs or communication aren't required per what others say, we submitted photos, proof of visit, pictures, anything from our trips to see each other including chat logs and call logs. 

3 Yes 

4 Yes list any job and it's date. If no other then nothing else to do.

5 Yes where they currently reside/live

6 We left it blank (we put n/a) because my fiance speaks English. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, KK and UR said:

Having two separate letters reduces the chance of an RFE for this. It's fine for the beneficiaries to be signed, scanned, emailed, and printed (that's what we did).

4 hours ago, KK and UR said:

Is the beneficiary's name normally written in Roman letters (as per English and most European languages)? If it is, you can leave this blank. Otherwise, write it how it is normally written there.

For the address, it means is if the address the beneficiary lives at is normally written in a non-Roman alphabet, you need to write it that way there.

Since my fiancée's name and her address in Russia are normally written in the Cyrillic alphabet, I copied and pasted them on to the form from what she sent me.

Though I guess this might be a bit more complex in India, since if I recall correctly English is used for a lot of official documents but many other languages are spoken.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
On 3/11/2019 at 4:14 PM, Unlockable said:

Hi,

1. You can send the original. Then write another for when the beneficiary has the interview.

2. On going relationship evidence. Sounds like you have already provided.

3. Not needed for the original I-129f. But the beneficiary will need financial documents to show at interview.

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. It means write name as if would be written in their language.

All of your questions can be answered by the guides on VJ and the US government's instructions on how to complete the forms from USCIS. Please take some time to review.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1tips

Thank you I did go through the guides but maybe I can have some more deep readings.

Timeline
On 3/11/2019 at 4:20 PM, kvalam said:

Hi! We can tell you what we did personally. Every case is unique. Do bear in mind India is a high fraud country so it's best to try and prove your case from jump. 

1 We both wrote individual intent to marry letters. I mailed my copy to him. I have heard of others signing the letter in blue ink and email a scanned copy. 

2 we submitted a good size packet for i129f. Although chat and call logs or communication aren't required per what others say, we submitted photos, proof of visit, pictures, anything from our trips to see each other including chat logs and call logs. 

3 Yes 

4 Yes list any job and it's date. If no other then nothing else to do.

5 Yes where they currently reside/live

6 We left it blank (we put n/a) because my fiance speaks English. 

Hi Thank you :) I really appreciate your insights. I am following your timeline for reference and so happy to see your success!

Timeline
21 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Having two separate letters reduces the chance of an RFE for this. It's fine for the beneficiaries to be signed, scanned, emailed, and printed (that's what we did).

Is the beneficiary's name normally written in Roman letters (as per English and most European languages)? If it is, you can leave this blank. Otherwise, write it how it is normally written there.

For the address, it means is if the address the beneficiary lives at is normally written in a non-Roman alphabet, you need to write it that way there.

Since my fiancée's name and her address in Russia are normally written in the Cyrillic alphabet, I copied and pasted them on to the form from what she sent me.

Though I guess this might be a bit more complex in India, since if I recall correctly English is used for a lot of official documents but many other languages are spoken.

I agree India is a bit complex the way it is diverse but since all documents have english script as well, it should be fine if we leave it NA. 

Thank you we appreciate the time to respond to us :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.