Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Makafui

The 3rd ADIT(I-551 Stamp) in my passport

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello friends. I went in for my third ADIT( I-551 stamp on my passport yesterday. My case is pending adjudication after the officer said i was approved at the interview on October 12,2017.This petition was received on Feb 16,2016. Anytime i booked infopass  appointment and go to the local officer,they kept on taking a pics of me and taking index fingers prints (I saw officers taking others index fingers and pictures as well) . Now yesterday when i went there,the officer asked me if i moved or Change Address from New York to North Carolina. I said No Officer!. I never lives in any other states. I lives and still living in Greensboro,North Carolina since i came to USA in 2013 and I'm in the same County.Where did they get that New York thing from?? Also i just mailed out my N-400 last Saturday base on 5 years residency and it was delivered on Tuesday and i'm waiting for NOA from the USCIS. I had emergency home and i need to go to my country for a month and my job approved me to go. Can i use the stamp on my passport to go and come back without any headache? Did i need to get a lawyer for this after i even filed all the petitions myself??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Makafui said:

Can i use the stamp on my passport to go and come back without any headache?

Yes. 

2 hours ago, Makafui said:

Did i need to get a lawyer for this after i even filed all the petitions myself??

Hiring a lawyer is entirely your decision. Some people may need/want one and some may not, even if their cases are factually quite similar. 

 

In general terms, most people with uncomplicated cases don't need one, but may still prefer to. 


Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

 

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

 

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You had a ROC interview 17 months ago?

 

Biometrics at an Infopass is odd, not totally unheard of, but strange. Do you have a "clean" past? Any flags in your marriage to a USC?  Or have they confused you with someone in New York? 


I-751 journey

 

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

  xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

You had a ROC interview 17 months ago?

 

Biometrics at an Infopass is odd, not totally unheard of, but strange. Do you have a "clean" past? Any flags in your marriage to a USC?  Or have they confused you with someone in New York? 

Hi yes we went to the interview on October 12,2017 and the officer said u are approved and u will have ur card in weeks time. I went to the office  like 7 times already requesting about what's going on and during one of my visit,I met the officer who interviewed us and he was like ,u still haven't received ur card yet? I said Yes and he came to the window and told the other officer that,he approved me. So I really don't know what to believe now. Well they are taking everyone who is there for a stamp on their passport index fingerprint. It's not a whole fingerprint but just only index one and then they will take u photograph. Well I never lived in New York

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 4:45 AM, Makafui said:

Hello friends. I went in for my third ADIT( I-551 stamp on my passport yesterday. My case is pending adjudication after the officer said i was approved at the interview on October 12,2017.This petition was received on Feb 16,2016. Anytime i booked infopass  appointment and go to the local officer,they kept on taking a pics of me and taking index fingers prints (I saw officers taking others index fingers and pictures as well) . Now yesterday when i went there,the officer asked me if i moved or Change Address from New York to North Carolina. I said No Officer!. I never lives in any other states. I lives and still living in Greensboro,North Carolina since i came to USA in 2013 and I'm in the same County.Where did they get that New York thing from?? Also i just mailed out my N-400 last Saturday base on 5 years residency and it was delivered on Tuesday and i'm waiting for NOA from the USCIS. I had emergency home and i need to go to my country for a month and my job approved me to go. Can i use the stamp on my passport to go and come back without any headache? Did i need to get a lawyer for this after i even filed all the petitions myself??

Have you got your official approval letter in the mail ?

I had my interview in January and I was approved a week later and got the approval letter, but never got the actual card yet. When I went back to the USCIS, I was told to file I-90, so I did so and waiting. I also got the stamp which will be good till 2020. Definitely you can work and travel with it with no problems or headaches beside going into secondary check when you come back to the USCIS

Finally the biometrics and the photo during the infoPass is a new mandatory thing they came up with to make sure you're the person you're claiming to be


I-751 #1 - March 2015 (Jointly filed)

April 2015: Bio-metrics completed

11/30/2018 Interview Notice for 01/07/2019

01/07/2019: Withdrawn at the interview due to divorce and another 751 filed after the divorce and switched to the waiver case

 

I-751 #2 - March 2017 (Waiver)

April 2017: Bio-metrics completed

01/07/2019: Interview

01/14/2019: Approval Notification via Email

 

N-400 #1 Feb 2016 (Pending)(3-year Rule) 

February 2016: N-400 filed under the 3 year rule.

February 2016: Bio-metrics completed

04/29/2016: Interview Notice in the mail For 06/08/2016

06/01/2016: Interview was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (probably cause the 751 was still pending)

01/16/2019: Case changed online again to interview was scheduled for 03/06/2019

03/06/2019 The Interview (Can't be approved since I'm not eligible for the 3 year rule anymore, will have to file again under the 5 year rule, FML)

03/09/2019: Official Deny letter Via certified mail

 

N-400 #2 March 2019 IOE (Pending)(5-year Rule) 

03/09/2019: N-400 filed online under the 5 year rule (Within 72 hours of the interview)

03/09/2019: NOA1 via web Portal

03/18/2019: NOA1 in the mail

03/19/2019: NOA2 via web Portal. Bio-metrics for 04/02/2019

03/21/2019: Successful early walk-in Bio-metrics

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...