jackthomas053

Emergency Advanced Parole

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey Guys, i'm in pretty desperate need of some help here. After going through the painstaking process of obtaining a K1 visa, I finally arrived in the US last week. Unfortunately since leaving, my mother has been diagnosed with terminal Lung Cancer. I desperately need to return, but do not want to ruin all the good work I have done with the K1. I believe what I need is Emergency Advanced Parole...... I have not got married yet, should I do so immediately and then ask for EAP? How long does EAP allow you to return home for? Is it best for me to get married right away? Please help me get home to see my mum.

Regards,

Jack

1. You need to get married first. Without that I don't think you can apply for anything.

2. Then you apply.

3. It will still take few weeks, probably.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Since you have not married there is a possible option but it is a long shot.

You can make an emergency infopass and ask if you can leave and have the K1 reissued when you return to your country. Because you only been here a week you may have a chance. But like I said, it is a long shot. I think I remember only 1 case where this worked and they were reissued a K1 and used it later.

Other than that, you won't even be able to get AP until you marry. The K1 is strictly conditioned to you marrying your petitioner prior to gaining any other benefits.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Yes marry and get your AOS/EAD/AP in the mail is the best thing to do. 

When you get the marriage license, ask if you can come back in person after the marriage and get it recorded while you wait. Then you won't have to wait on processing and mailing the marriage certificate to you. Will save some time.

Also get some proof of your mother's illness sent over immediately so you will have that in hand.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just got accepted for Emergency Advanced Parole. I will be going back to England for a month. Are there any legal issues with me doing a few odd days of work while i'm out there?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 3/7/2019 at 1:47 PM, Unlockable said:

Since you have not married there is a possible option but it is a long shot.

You can make an emergency infopass and ask if you can leave and have the K1 reissued when you return to your country. Because you only been here a week you may have a chance. But like I said, it is a long shot. I think I remember only 1 case where this worked and they were reissued a K1 and used it later.

Other than that, you won't even be able to get AP until you marry. The K1 is strictly conditioned to you marrying your petitioner prior to gaining any other benefits.

The K1 visa is a one use visa. Plus they are going to ask for AOS case number to be able to issue an Emergency Advance Parole. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 3/7/2019 at 12:25 PM, jackthomas053 said:

Hey Guys, i'm in pretty desperate need of some help here. After going through the painstaking process of obtaining a K1 visa, I finally arrived in the US last week. Unfortunately since leaving, my mother has been diagnosed with terminal Lung Cancer. I desperately need to return, but do not want to ruin all the good work I have done with the K1. I believe what I need is Emergency Advanced Parole...... I have not got married yet, should I do so immediately and then ask for EAP? How long does EAP allow you to return home for? Is it best for me to get married right away? Please help me get home to see my mum.

Regards,

Jack

Any updates?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.