Nicole567

Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

I just wanted to post what I have pulled together for our evidence of bona fide marriage.  I understand that there is always more you can add, but is this enough?  I'm concerned about missing an area that they require?  Mainly, my husband and I live together but all of the bills are in his name, we had contacted the company's and asked for them to add both of us over a year ago and not one was able to to do it so that concerned me not having bills in the package.

Here's what we have:

Joint ownership of property:

1.     Copy of Register of Deeds for jointly owned current residence

2.     Copy of Notice of 2019 Real Estate Assessed Value of jointly owned current residence – Addressed to both the Petitioner and Beneficiary

Financial Documents:

1.     Copy of page 1 of joint Bank 1 bank statements from October 13, 2017 to January 11, 2019

2.     Copy of joint Bank 2 bank statements from January 25, 2019 to February 28, 2019

3.     Copy of joint Bank 3 High Yield Savings statements from October 1, 2018 to February 28, 2019

4.     Copy of American Express Credit Card statement detailing spending by Petitioner and Beneficiary from September 2018 to February 2019

5.     Copy of joint Bank 1 Loan statement from April 2018 to March 2019

Other Relevant Documentation providing proof of relationship:

1.     Copy of Petitioner and Beneficiary’s drivers licenses

2.     Copy of page 1 of 2017 and 2018 tax returns for both the Petitioner and Beneficiary as proof of address

3.     Copy of Beneficiary’s employment contract at Employer as proof of address

4.     Beneficiary’s Benefit Confirmation provided by employer providing that the Petitioner is the sole beneficiary on all insurance

5.     Petitioner’s Life Insurance policy provided by employer providing that the Beneficiary is the sole beneficiary on life insurance upon death

6.     Petitioner's investment account providing that the Beneficiary is the sole beneficiary upon death.

7.     Copy of page 1 of joint lease agreement of Apartment commencing on October 1, 2017.  Joint address of Petitioner and Beneficiary from October 1, 2017 to December 10, 2017

8.     Copy of Health Warranty and Purchase Agreement from July 2018 with Miniature Labradoodles for the joint purchase of puppy by both the Petitioner and Beneficiary.  Notes joint address as well.

9.     Copy of employment contracts from Employer providing timeline for when the Petitioner and Beneficiary met

10.  Copy of NC insurance policy on 2018 and 2019 vehicle insured to Petitioner and Beneficiary

11.  Copy of joint Costco membership information

12.  Copy of joint flight tickets issued 

13.  Photos to prove the relationship

The areas in italics were just updated for posted online but we were specific with bank names, employers etc. 

Thank as always for the help!

03/29/2019: Filed I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864

03/29/2019: Priority date for I-130 and I-485

03/31/2019: Delivered

04/05/2019: 12:30am Text Messages with receipt numbers received

04/05/2019: Checks cashed

04/08/2019: Hard copy NOA's received (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/22/2019: Biometrics Completed

08/16/2019: Notification that Interview was Scheduled

09/24/2019: Interview Scheduled

6 minutes ago, Nicole567 said:

Mainly, my husband and I live together but all of the bills are in his name, we had contacted the company's and asked for them to add both of us over a year ago and not one was able to to do it so that concerned me not having bills in the package.

No, don't worry about the bills, you have enough there with all the finances and insurances. What I don't see is taxes. Did y'all file taxes? Is this for the I-130 or the I-485?

10 minutes ago, Nicole567 said:

8.     Copy of Health Warranty and Purchase Agreement from July 2018 with Miniature Labradoodles for the joint purchase of puppy by both the Petitioner and Beneficiary.  Notes joint address as well.

Really? I mean, it's good that you guys got a puppy but maybe maybe just might be a little bit overboard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, USS_Voyager said:

No, don't worry about the bills, you have enough there with all the finances and insurances. What I don't see is taxes. Did y'all file taxes? Is this for the I-130 or the I-485?

Really? I mean, it's good that you guys got a puppy but maybe maybe just might be a little bit overboard

Yes, so we having included 'Copy of page 1 of 2017 and 2018 tax returns for both the Petitioner and Beneficiary as proof of address' but we werent married at any of the dates to file jointly so that doesnt really help that. 

With the dog we honestly were throwing in anything we can think of that proves were together!

03/29/2019: Filed I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864

03/29/2019: Priority date for I-130 and I-485

03/31/2019: Delivered

04/05/2019: 12:30am Text Messages with receipt numbers received

04/05/2019: Checks cashed

04/08/2019: Hard copy NOA's received (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/22/2019: Biometrics Completed

08/16/2019: Notification that Interview was Scheduled

09/24/2019: Interview Scheduled

4 minutes ago, Nicole567 said:

Yes, so we having included 'Copy of page 1 of 2017 and 2018 tax returns for both the Petitioner and Beneficiary as proof of address' but we werent married at any of the dates to file jointly so that doesnt really help that. 

With the dog we honestly were throwing in anything we can think of that proves were together!

Alright, file this puppy away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Nicole567 said:

Hi there,

I just wanted to post what I have pulled together for our evidence of bona fide marriage.  I understand that there is always more you can add, but is this enough?  I'm concerned about missing an area that they require?  Mainly, my husband and I live together but all of the bills are in his name, we had contacted the company's and asked for them to add both of us over a year ago and not one was able to to do it so that concerned me not having bills in the package.

Here's what we have:

Joint ownership of property:

1.     Copy of Register of Deeds for jointly owned current residence

2.     Copy of Notice of 2019 Real Estate Assessed Value of jointly owned current residence – Addressed to both the Petitioner and Beneficiary

Financial Documents:

1.     Copy of page 1 of joint Bank 1 bank statements from October 13, 2017 to January 11, 2019

2.     Copy of joint Bank 2 bank statements from January 25, 2019 to February 28, 2019

3.     Copy of joint Bank 3 High Yield Savings statements from October 1, 2018 to February 28, 2019

4.     Copy of American Express Credit Card statement detailing spending by Petitioner and Beneficiary from September 2018 to February 2019

5.     Copy of joint Bank 1 Loan statement from April 2018 to March 2019

Other Relevant Documentation providing proof of relationship:

1.     Copy of Petitioner and Beneficiary’s drivers licenses

2.     Copy of page 1 of 2017 and 2018 tax returns for both the Petitioner and Beneficiary as proof of address

3.     Copy of Beneficiary’s employment contract at Employer as proof of address

4.     Beneficiary’s Benefit Confirmation provided by employer providing that the Petitioner is the sole beneficiary on all insurance

5.     Petitioner’s Life Insurance policy provided by employer providing that the Beneficiary is the sole beneficiary on life insurance upon death

6.     Petitioner's investment account providing that the Beneficiary is the sole beneficiary upon death.

7.     Copy of page 1 of joint lease agreement of Apartment commencing on October 1, 2017.  Joint address of Petitioner and Beneficiary from October 1, 2017 to December 10, 2017

9.     Copy of employment contracts from Employer providing timeline for when the Petitioner and Beneficiary met

10.  Copy of NC insurance policy on 2018 and 2019 vehicle insured to Petitioner and Beneficiary

11.  Copy of joint Costco membership information

12.  Copy of joint flight tickets issued 

13.  Photos to prove the relationship

The areas in italics were just updated for posted online but we were specific with bank names, employers etc. 

Thank as always for the help!

It's a very solid list! The financial ties you list here weigh much more than other kinds of bills, looks like you're ready to file :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.