Jump to content
boris64

Immunization after Interview Envelope

19 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

R. got her last immunization today. Of course this was after the interview. Do we give this to Immigration at POE? I imagine it is her updated immunization record and we will need it for AOS

53491981_2079619768822674_8905096745264873472_n.jpg

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She brings it to the us and present at immigration and they will probably hand it back to her once they open up her package.

 

You now will need to see a CS to have it transposed along with the DS-3025 to the I693 for submission with your AOS after marriage.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you see the 3025 go down the left side and see if it shows vaccinations as  "complete". If yes then no CS.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Once you see the 3025 go down the left side and see if it shows vaccinations as  "complete". If yes then no CS.

I had to deal with a CS back in 2010. Talk about dropping a wad of cash for nothing.....

 

Thanks, GB....

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Once you see the 3025 go down the left side and see if it shows vaccinations as  "complete". If yes then no CS.   :no:  

Not correct anymore.    The requirement now from USCIS is that the DS-3025 must be taken to a Civil Surgeon to be transcribed to the I-693.  This changed a year or so ago


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boris64 said:

I had to deal with a CS back in 2010. Talk about dropping a wad of cash for nothing.....

 

Thanks, GB....

You will still be dealing with a CS .. it is now required to take the DS-3025 to the CS to be transcribed to the I-693.

 

Cost should be under $100, but you have to watchout for the CS that tries to scam you saying a full physical is required - which isn't true, the medical from SLEC is valid for 1 year in this situation.


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You will still be dealing with a CS .. it is now required to take the DS-3025 to the CS to be transcribed to the I-693.

 

Cost should be under $100, but you have to watchout for the CS that tries to scam you saying a full physical is required - which isn't true, the medical from SLEC is valid for 1 year in this situation.

 

Ok to shop around for a CS?  Because if it's just a transcription job, the cheapest should be fine?  Not like the medical in Manila where SLEC is the only choice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ate said:

 

Ok to shop around for a CS?  Because if it's just a transcription job, the cheapest should be fine?  Not like the medical in Manila where SLEC is the only choice.

 

Correct .. just go through the list on the USCIS website for your area.      

 

There are some CS that push hard for a complete physical .. so you may have "too much fun"


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Not correct anymore.    The requirement now from USCIS is that the DS-3025 must be taken to a Civil Surgeon to be transcribed to the I-693.  This changed a year or so ago

When did that change? Do you have a reference? . This one I never heard that it changed. So if the physical was completed in their home country with all shots taken to complete the requirement they still need to see a CS? Thanks


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

When did that change? Do you have a reference? . This one I never heard that it changed. So if the physical was completed in their home country with all shots taken to complete the requirement they still need to see a CS? Thanks

It needs to be transcribed onto the i693.  I had to get this done 12 years ago 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It needs to be transcribed onto the i693.  I had to get this done 12 years ago 

If you were came into the US with a properly completed DS-3025 there was not a need to go and have a CS basically tell USCIS that "yes, they completed their vaccinations" no pay me sucker.

 

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter4.html

B. Documentation Completed by Panel Physician

 

Since a State Department consular officer reviews the medical documentation completed by a panel physician as part of the overseas visa process, a USCIS officer may assume that the medical documentation is properly completed. [2] The Technical Instructions for Panel Physicians may differ from the Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons. As long as the DS form is properly completed, the officer should accept the finding of the consular officer as correct.

 

If the USCIS officer notices a significant irregularity such as an omission of a particular section, the officer may issue a Request for Evidence (RFE) to have a civil surgeon in the United States complete the missing part(s) of the medical examination. A civil surgeon should address any deficiency by completing the respective parts of a Form I-693 according to the Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). [3] In this case, because the DS form was completed by a panel physician, the officer should retain the original document. The RFE must specify which sections of Form I-693 have to be completed by a civil surgeon. This should only happen in rare instances.

 

Applicants who have already been examined abroad and are not required to repeat the medical examination in the United States may still have to show proof of the vaccination requirement. [4] See Chapter 3, Applicability of Medical Examination and Vaccination Requirement [8 USCIS-PM B.3] for specific information on who is required to be examined and to what extent.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

When did that change? Do you have a reference? . This one I never heard that it changed. So if the physical was completed in their home country with all shots taken to complete the requirement they still need to see a CS? Thanks

Has to be over a year ago that I picked up on the change.     Before the I-693 was not required, one could submit a copy of the DS-3025, but some Adjudicators at USCIS didn't know the rules and issued an RFE for the I-693 and the  CS scammed people to get the $$$ for a medical.   ( < I have an email exchange with USCIS regarding this back when the DS-3025 was all that was required, they confirmed only the DS-3025 was required THEN)

 

NOW the I-693 is required, even if all that was done was transcribe the DS-3025.

 

paqe 12, section 10

 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

 

10. Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693) Form I-485 applicants for adjustment of status are required to have a medical examination to show that they are free from health conditions that would make them inadmissible. This does not apply to registry applicants and individuals born under diplomatic immunity in the United States. If you are filing Form I-485 under the nonimmigrant fiancé(e), asylee, or refugee category, see the Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, Instructions for more information on whether you need to submit the full Form I-693 or only certain parts because you already had a medical examination overseas. Only a USCIS designated civil surgeon can perform this medical examination in the United States. The civil surgeon must document the results of your medical examination on Form I-693. For more information on the medical examination, see the Form I-693 Instructions.


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

If you were came into the US with a properly completed DS-3025 there was not a need to go and have a CS basically tell USCIS that "yes, they completed their vaccinations" no pay me sucker.

 

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter4.html

B. Documentation Completed by Panel Physician

 

Since a State Department consular officer reviews the medical documentation completed by a panel physician as part of the overseas visa process, a USCIS officer may assume that the medical documentation is properly completed. [2] The Technical Instructions for Panel Physicians may differ from the Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons. As long as the DS form is properly completed, the officer should accept the finding of the consular officer as correct.

 

If the USCIS officer notices a significant irregularity such as an omission of a particular section, the officer may issue a Request for Evidence (RFE) to have a civil surgeon in the United States complete the missing part(s) of the medical examination. A civil surgeon should address any deficiency by completing the respective parts of a Form I-693 according to the Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). [3] In this case, because the DS form was completed by a panel physician, the officer should retain the original document. The RFE must specify which sections of Form I-693 have to be completed by a civil surgeon. This should only happen in rare instances.

 

Applicants who have already been examined abroad and are not required to repeat the medical examination in the United States may still have to show proof of the vaccination requirement. [4] See Chapter 3, Applicability of Medical Examination and Vaccination Requirement [8 USCIS-PM B.3] for specific information on who is required to be examined and to what extent.

Back then Pax didn't need the I-693 and he got scammed by a CS for the medical $$$...


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Back then Pax didn't need the I-693 and he got scammed by a CS for the medical $$$...

But this is "Fresh of the USICS" page that it is not needed. I do remember all the people that you and I were able to help avoid that scam but according to the information I posted a follow-up with a CS to transpose to the I-693 is not needed if all Vac were administered over seas and were noted complete on the DS3025.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

But this is "Fresh of the USICS" page that it is not needed. I do remember all the people that you and I were able to help avoid that scam but according to the information I posted a follow-up with a CS to transpose to the I-693 is not needed if all Vac were administered over seas and were noted complete on the DS3025.

Got a current link where it states only the DS-3025 is needed?    Because what is stated in the CURRENT instructions for the I-485 the I-693 is required.

 

Here is the info from the I-693 instructions, page 6

 

What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?

 

If you were admitted as a: A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then: (1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and (a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or (b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver. (2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9. of Form I-693.

 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×